Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 11:17 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,484,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Let's hear they Democrats explain why THIS is ok.
Cohen met with Schiff staff for over 10 hours before House Oversight Committee hearing, sources say

President Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen told House investigators this week that staff for Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., traveled to New York at least four times to meet with him for over 10 hours immediately before last month’s high-profile public testimony, according to two sources familiar with the matter -- as Republicans question whether the meetings amounted to coaching a witness...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coh...mittee-hearing

First let's hear you explain why it's not OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 11:28 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,232,935 times
I think that is called witness tampering. Schiff is a crook from a family of crooks. His dad is doing life in prison for fraud and felony tax evasion.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I think that is called witness tampering. Schiff is a crook from a family of crooks. His dad is doing life in prison for fraud and felony tax evasion.

Do you also call it witness tampering when prosecutors actually interview witnesses before putting them on the stand?

Old 03-11-2019, 11:39 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,113,377 times
Quote:
I looked for confirmation of this claim and came up with nothing. I did find something about a Peter Schiff whose father is doing time. I could find no relation between Adam Schiff and Peter Schiff. So unless you know something that is not available on Google I call BS on your claim.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:39 AM

26,577 posts, read 14,480,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Do you also call it witness tampering when prosecutors actually interview witnesses before putting them on the stand?

my question is, is this out of the ordinary?

just like an investigation interview or a deposition there is a lot of contact that happens before a witness appears in court.

if the law or procedure was violated then i support consequences. but if this is just another case of standard operating procedure being spun as some "dark state" conspiracy.......

Old 03-11-2019, 11:40 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,131,446 times
Now that's real colooooosion!

Old 03-11-2019, 11:41 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,689,822 times
Someone is now reporting it was 14 hours of meetings.
That's twice the amount of time he spent giving his testimony in the open hearing before congress and the public.
Democrats in congress are up to their necks again in their own corruption.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:42 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,131,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
my question is, is this out of the ordinary?

just like an investigation interview or a deposition there is a lot of contact that happens before a witness appears in court.

if the law or procedure was violated then i support consequences. but if this is just another case of standard operating procedure being spun as some "dark state" conspiracy.......
14-plus hours of secret interviews? Sound legit to you?

Old 03-11-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Someone is now reporting it was 14 hours of meetings.
That's twice the amount of time he spent giving his testimony in the open hearing before congress and the public.

And likely a lot less time than the closed door hearings you choose to ignore.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:46 AM

18,053 posts, read 27,507,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Let's hear they Democrats explain why THIS is ok.

Cohen met with Schiff staff for over 10 hours before House Oversight Committee hearing, sources say

President Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen told House investigators this week that staff for Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., traveled to New York at least four times to meet with him for over 10 hours immediately before last month’s high-profile public testimony, according to two sources familiar with the matter -- as Republicans question whether the meetings amounted to coaching a witness...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coh...mittee-hearing
14 hours.

Quote:
Coaching is what that is called.

Fourteen hours is twice the length of the February Public Hearing.

Sounds like"Deconflicting"™ to me.

Last edited by McGowdog; 03-11-2019 at 12:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies