Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2019, 10:45 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
It took New Zealand less than a week to take action to ensure the slaughter does not continue unabated.
In ensures nothing of the sort. They will just use something else, or get what they want from the black market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 10:46 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Ok now we are getting carried away. I have to claim BS on this. I own a 44 lever rifle and there is no way to create the chos and panic a bump-stocked semi auto rifle can provide at that height and distance.

Sure you could be accurate but that’s not really the point is it?
so now you are moving goal posts from kills to creating chaos ??

a 44 or 45 will put a bigger hole in you than a tiny little 223 (ie more deadly)

bumpstocked means he was firing BLINDLY, zero accuracy

I could take my 1911 and put a lighter trigger pull on it (under 4) and turn it into a machine pistol (aka runaway gun)

Old 03-21-2019, 10:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes, you are not allowed to defend your life nor you family's lives with any weapon in the UK. Many European countries are like that. They have given up their freedom, willingly. Anytime government is allowed the always take too much power.

They have a word for that.
Property

Old 03-21-2019, 10:47 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Ok now we are getting carried away. I have to claim BS on this. I own a 44 lever rifle and there is no way to create the chos and panic a bump-stocked semi auto rifle can provide at that height and distance.

Sure you could be accurate but that’s not really the point is it?
You think someone shooting into a crowd with a lower rate of fire weapon isn't going to create panic? Am I reading this correctly? One of the biggest terror threats we even had was a guy shooting from the key hole of a car trunk and that terror spree lasted weeks.

There will likely not be another perfect storm created for someone with an unreliable bump stock shooting into a crowd.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

a 44 or 45 will put a bigger hole in you than a tiny little 223 (ie more deadly)

an AR-15, with a Happy switch installed(M-16 variant), is rather easy to hold on target once going.

https://www.bayougunrunner.com/FA-BG...-FA_p_771.html

Old 03-21-2019, 10:51 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
In ensures nothing of the sort. They will just use something else, or get what they want from the black market.
It's a step in the right direction, banning these weapons that have no other purpose than to mow down great numbers of people as quickly as possible.

But you think doing nothing is a much better solution. Just let the slaughter continue unabated, right?

Old 03-21-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
It's a step in the right direction, banning these weapons that have no other purpose than to mow down great numbers of people as quickly as possible.

But you think doing nothing is a much better solution. Just let the slaughter continue unabated, right?
Yes, and in the USA everyone has the Freedom & Liberty to start their own war. Comes with individual sovereignty. Endowed by your creator.
If you don't trust me to be armed, you may want to arm yourself. Because you will never disarm me, being unarmed.....

Old 03-21-2019, 10:54 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

Correct but considering his equipment that was his intention. I posted previously that none of these shooters were using equipment properly or going for accuracy. These guys were going for movie style action scenes with big guns blazing. I get where your going but that is not what these shooters are going for.

Your comment actually proves this and I completely agree with you. We both know which is more effective, and is common knowledge to gun buyers. That means these guys didn’t know or their intention was to create chaos and confusion. The Las Vegas guy knew his way around guns and yet he chose a inaccurate bump stock equipped rifle instead of a gun with a acope calibrated for the distance he was shooting (he had it planned out). I’m just making an observation here.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:55 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:

If it was a machine gun or an automatic rifle, that might be a valid point......but it is not.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:55 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:

Machine guns are already nearly impossible to get a hold of and Trump banned the bump stock. So there already has been legislation to limit ownership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies