Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 02:11 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I gotta admit, you have a sense of humor.

It was hilarious watching you avoid my point: Do you think you're smarter than the bond market?

Maybe you don't even know what a "bond market" is.

I am pretty sure I've been posting in your Dow 25K thread as often as you have the past month. Maybe more.
If you are posting in that thread as often as I am then why ask if I'm avoiding it ? You want to make everything about the OP that's obvious.

I'll ask you the same general question are you smarter than a chair ? Just like the bond market it doesn't have a brain. To be generous I would give you the benefit of the doubt but if you want to be equal to the chair or the bond market in brain power I won't argue that you're not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 02:19 PM

20,861 posts, read 9,524,822 times
Yes, the bond market has a brain. More precisely, since it consists of millions of participants, each with their own brain, it therefore literally has millions of brains.

phma = 1 brain
bond market = millions of brains

Now tell me, which is more likely to be right?

You haven't posted in your Dow 25K thread since the last day of February, which is why I asked. It almost seems as if you've started this thread, to avoid the embarrassment of the other.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:50 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Yes, the bond market has a brain. More precisely, since it consists of millions of participants, each with their own brain, it therefore literally has millions of brains.
In that way it's no different than any other finical market with buyers and sellers.
Quote:
phma = 1 brain
bond market = millions of brains
Stop, you are making me look like a genius. (Go to next question )
Quote:
Now tell me, which is more likely to be right?
The buyer or the seller ? Without them there is no market and you have no idea where its going, only where its been. Just like any other market.

What we are talking about in this thread is the expanding economy and the bond market isn't the economy. Keep that in mind.

Quote:
You haven't posted in your Dow 25K thread since the last day of February, which is why I asked. It almost seems as if you've started this thread, to avoid the embarrassment of the other.
With the nearly 3,000 point gain in the DOW this year I didn't want to keep rubbing it in the anti-Trump loons face. It would make me look as small and stupid as them and as you point out I'm looking more like a genius, but one who wants to maintain some modesty. Thank you !!!

Old 03-21-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
In that way it's no different than any other finical market with buyers and sellers.
That is true.

Quote:
Stop, you are making me look like a genius. (Go to next question )
The fact you think that 1 brain is smarter than millions of brains, indicates that you are most certainly NOT a genius.

Quote:
The buyer or the seller ? Without them there is no market and you have no idea where its going, only where its been. Just like any other market.

What we are talking about n this thread is the expanding economy and the bond market isn't the economy. Keep that in mind.
The bond market is one of the best indicators of the economy around. If you aren't aware of that, you are completely ignorant of anything to do with finance and economics.

Quote:
With the nearly 3,000 point gain in the DOW this year I didn't want to keep rubbing it in the anti-Trump loons face. It would make me look as small and stupid as them and as you point out I'm looking more like a genius, but one who want to maintain some modesty. Thank you !!!
phma on 01-04-2018: "President Trump is absolutely the greatest on the economy. Dow breaks 25,000"

1 year and nearly 4 months later, the Dow is STILL in the 25K's. Your celebration has gone absolutely nowhere in over a year.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:37 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,229,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Not even close. Millions of middle class jobs gone, millions tossed out of their houses, "stimulus" meant 100s of millions of dollars going to political cronies for nothing, the disastrous Obamacare. It goes on and on. Everything the hapless community agitator touched turned to ****.

Americans are glad he is gone and just a foul memory now.

Trump has pulled us from that Democrat brink. He's still winning!

MAGA!

That was George W. Bush. Or are you right-wingers going to keep pretending he never existed???

Obama oversaw one of the most potent recovery in US History. Unemployment went from over 10% to under 5% in about 5 years. The stock market recovered and made new highs.

Obamacare is absolutely well loved by Americans. Even conservatives like it (at least the few remaining sane ones).

Old 03-21-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
That is true.

The fact you think that 1 brain is smarter than millions of brains, indicates that you are most certainly NOT a genius.

The bond market is one of the best indicators of the economy around. If you aren't aware of that, you are completely ignorant of anything to do with finance and economics.

phma on 01-04-2018: "President Trump is absolutely the greatest on the economy. Dow breaks 25,000"

1 year and nearly 4 months later, the Dow is STILL in the 25K's. Your celebration has gone absolutely nowhere in over a year.
The economy is expanding while others are contracting. If we were like other economy's we would be going south but thanks to Trumponomics we are not. As much as the anti-Trumpers would like, they can't dispute that. They can cheer when a market goes down, and they do, some even wish for it but the fact is the US is holding up better than many, many others. Trumponomcs is a winner !!!

Old 03-21-2019, 04:34 PM

It appears phma does not know anything about bond markets and inverted yield curves. He's got his head buried in Trumpland and is oblivious to anything else.

Old 03-21-2019, 04:59 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,527,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I read entire article, sure about the three exclamation points? 0.2% uptick is not much to hang on to. The Midwest flooding and Boeing issues could mess that up. I think cautiously optimistic would be my feeling right now, getting a little nervous.
0.2%? We can ALL retire!

Old 03-21-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
It appears phma does not know anything about bond markets and inverted yield curves. He's got his head buried in Trumpland and is oblivious to anything else.
You have been singing that same old tired song for months.
Its like a recession. Eventually we will have another one.
Eventually you will be right but it won't happen during a expanding economy.

Old 03-21-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You have been singing that same old tired song for months.
Its like a recession. Eventually we will have another one.
Eventually you will be right but it won't happen during a expanding economy.
Well ... DUH! Of course it won't happen during an expanding economy. After all, the definition of a recession is that the economy is no longer expanding. So if the economy is still expanding, you're not in a recession.

What the bond market is trying to tell you, and what I'm trying to point out that the bond market is telling you, is that the time when the economy stops expanding will be arriving sooner rather than later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies