Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 11:20 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times

Advertisements

...So am I.

https://www.apnews.com/b9cfac2db09c4aa884e9f17e5fcdf346

A Republican senator says that he’s had enough of President Donald Trump’s personal attacks on the late John McCain and that “the country deserves better.”

Johnny Isakson of Georgia is quoted Wednesday as telling The Bulwark conservative news and opinion website that “nothing is more important than the integrity of the country and those who fought and risked their lives for all of us.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ys/3221179002/

"...Isakson said on the floor of the Senate that "anybody who in any way tarnishes the reputation of John McCain deserves a whipping.""

And this guy is no liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 11:28 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
I wonder how many Republican Senators will agree. My guess is none. They're all too busy cowering in the corner, terrified of the great orange monster they have installed and propped up for two years now.

When the GOP supports denigrating those who served their country in misguided loyalty to one who ran away when he was called, I think we can safely say the Republican Party no longer supports our troops. I hope the military personnel are taking note. Along with the fact that Trump is trying to take money allotted for military family housing to pay for his boondoggle vanity wall.

No one in the armed services should vote Republican going forward. They clearly have no respect for military service.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:28 AM

623 posts, read 234,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
...So am I.

https://www.apnews.com/b9cfac2db09c4aa884e9f17e5fcdf346

A Republican senator says that he’s had enough of President Donald Trump’s personal attacks on the late John McCain and that “the country deserves better.”

Johnny Isakson of Georgia is quoted Wednesday as telling The Bulwark conservative news and opinion website that “nothing is more important than the integrity of the country and those who fought and risked their lives for all of us.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ys/3221179002/

"...Isakson said on the floor of the Senate that "anybody who in any way tarnishes the reputation of John McCain deserves a whipping.""

And this guy is no liberal.
McCain was a traitor in more ways than one and deserves no respect or honor. I despised the man as does President Trump but IMO President Trump is wasting his time talking about it. He is gone forever so let laying dogs lie. He tried to harm the country with the fake dossier and deserves his eternal life in hell but the media knows a story when they see one and they aren't going to stop asking stupid questions.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:30 AM

27,658 posts, read 16,151,349 times
Remember what a racist john mccain was in 2008? Good times.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...hero-in-death/
It was ok then. Whats changed?

Old 03-20-2019, 11:36 AM

30,651 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Remember what a racist john mccain was in 2008? Good times.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...hero-in-death/
It was ok then. Whats changed?
It is humorous to see leftists come to McCain's defense today when they trashed him and called him every name under the sun in 2008.

I've long said that McCain deserves our respect for his bravery in war. But, let's be clear: there is nothing honorable about spreading a false dossier and nothing noble about hanging onto his Senate seat while he was dying from cancer in Arizona, when he knew he was never going to return to Congress; this left the state without representation from one of two US Senators. Unfortunately, like far too many, McCain became a part of the swamp and his actions toward the end of his tenure were not done on behalf of the people, but for selfish reasons.

That said, I wish President Trump would stop with the attacks. And I'm a Trump supporter.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:41 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,087 times
Donald Trump has no morals, integrity or decency, yet he continues to throw rocks at the dead from a glass house.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It is humorous to see leftists come to McCain's defense today when they trashed him and called him every name under the sun in 2008.

I've long said that McCain deserves our respect for his bravery in war. But, let's be clear: there is nothing honorable about spreading a false dossier and nothing noble about hanging onto his Senate seat while he was dying from cancer in Arizona, when he knew he was never going to return to Congress; this left the state without representation from one of two US Senators. Unfortunately, like far too many, McCain became a part of the swamp and his actions toward the end of his tenure were not done on behalf of the people, but for selfish reasons.

That said, I wish President Trump would stop with the attacks. And I'm a Trump supporter.
I didn't like some of the legislation Senator McCain helped to pass. That does not mean I didn't respect him. He was NOT a traitor, as some on the right have described him, nor was he a war criminal.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:57 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,904,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

Sometimes it's not about being on the left or right it's about being a decent human being. Opinions like yours are a definite problem you see everything through a right and left prism.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I wonder how many Republican Senators will agree. My guess is none. They're all too busy cowering in the corner, terrified of the great orange monster they have installed and propped up for two years now.

When the GOP supports denigrating those who served their country in misguided loyalty to one who ran away when he was called, I think we can safely say the Republican Party no longer supports our troops. I hope the military personnel are taking note. Along with the fact that Trump is trying to take money allotted for military family housing to pay for his boondoggle vanity wall.

No one in the armed services should vote Republican going forward. They clearly have no respect for military service.
I think the stunning silence of the GOP speaks volumes.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:01 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
If only the more prominent republicans would say something.

Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, Paul Ryan, etc have forever tarnished their reputations. There's no coming back from being top-tier Trump bootlicker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies