Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2019, 01:29 PM

134 posts, read 108,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yes, really. Laugh all you like. Biden is not accused of doing anything you post above and nothing that he's been accused of yet is sexual harassment. You(and others) wishing it weren't so doesn't change reality.

Also, I'm not an "old school guy", I'm 44, work for a Fortune50 company and my business unit deals almost exclusively with DoD/military customers. I've had LOTS of current, government created, EEO training.
You have no idea what men were like back in the day. That being said, Joe appears to have a fetish of some kind which gives him sexual gratification.

His behavior is not normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 01:37 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnie mae View Post
You have no idea what men were like back in the day. That being said, Joe appears to have a fetish of some kind which gives him sexual gratification.

"Back in the day". Was that like back when wet bars and smoking was the normal thing to do in the work place?

Old 04-04-2019, 01:38 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Trump just grabs 'em by the p***y, while Joe is only being accused of a kiss? In Trumpworld, Joe needs to step up his game.
Are you telling us the Uncle Joe never grabbed any p**** ? Cmon now.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:43 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Whether you wish to believe it or not, here is the cold hard facts about workplace sexual harassment.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/HI1gkxgsSB3l/

Old 04-04-2019, 05:52 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
You have no idea what men were like back in the day.
Correct. That is why I never claimed to have that knowledge.

Quote:
That being said, Joe appears to have a fetish of some kind which gives him sexual gratification.
That is a MASSIVE leap in judgement and one that is not, it's safe to say, shared by most.

Quote:
Agreed, but not normal != nefarious. The way Donald Trump shakes hands is also not normal. What intent do you read into that, I wonder?

Old 04-04-2019, 05:55 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Correct. That is why I never claimed to have that knowledge.

That is a MASSIVE leap in judgement and one that is not, it's safe to say, shared by most.

Agreed, but not normal != nefarious. The way Donald Trump shakes hands is also not normal. What intent do you read into that, I wonder?
bury your head in any strange woman's hair today? sniff...sniff

Old 04-04-2019, 06:16 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times
From the thread about the 80 year old guy quitting his job because of a complaint about a compliment:

Quote:
Well...you can't just go by words. There are none verbal aspects that can turn "you look great" into something more objectifying or sexual. I don't know if the person who overheard it witnessed the interaction as well. We should ALL know that its not just what you say.....but "how you say it".

This is the double-standard we're seeing here with Biden. I also recall a thread about women who were catcalled, and how they felt violated by it and they were saying it was sexual harassment. You can't say that catcalling and 'inappropriate' comments are wrong, but that what Biden does isn't.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:20 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
If Joe acts like in public with women and children while there are cameras on him, what does he do to women and children in private.

Old 04-05-2019, 02:54 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
these predators like Biden can't stop themselves, more women and children will come forward.
OH, please...if this sort of thing really mattered to you, why wouldn't you be disturbed by the attacker-in-chief's behavior, which is real and not made up?

Old 04-05-2019, 04:02 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

I have not yet heard anything he has been accused of, to classy him as a predator.

Some people are just touchy people, and he does it right in public and in front of cameras. I can see where some people get "creeped out", but it is in part because of the way they have been raised in modern times.

Heck when talking with some about showering after PE in HS, some people were "creeped out" because people were naked (only way to take a quick shower)among their classmates and could be body shamed or some other such wacky term.

`
Yes, it seems that some people, if examining their personalities, would find that they may be prudish, not very experienced or worldly. There are likely many others whom Biden has approached similarly who had no problem with him.

Similarly, with politician Al Franken, I feel that some female fans he posed with for the camera, had perceived him to have purposely touched parts of their bodies, while having his arm around them, being photographed. I feel he was just pressing closely and who knows what size these women were, without an awareness of what his hand was pressing against. He also likely hugged many who never percieved it as otherwise. (It had been noted how his earlier SNL coworkers had never experienced or observed anything even close to what he was accused of).

This being different from the instance of the photo taken on a plane of a performer-friend while she slept, with hands posing above her boobs (encouraged by his brother to have done so), which I agree was in poor taste, but not horrific - having begun the tirade about him, besides an apparent unwanted kiss with the same woman. (I know this is not about him, but just stating something relevant to the topic).

See, this can be really difficult, since it is about perception and since sexual harrassment or a real physical, unwanted approach by another is serious in other cases, lines can become blurred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies