Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2019, 04:04 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Oh no AFP is going to unload on someone. Oh the horror. More proof bilinguals are ill mannered.

You probably live alone and don't have friends. Others who do can "maintain proficiency" without loudly mouthing off in public like you and your silly group does. Mind your manners and quit talking so loud.

Since when do people speak in such hushed tones others who do hear them are eavesdropping? That is one of the dumbest things I've heard.

Hey look at us we know another language we're so special. Hi everyone, we're the bilinguals. The arrogance and rudeness are 2 bad qualities. You want to be like that? Move to France.
No, the arrogance or rudeness is from the likes of you who want to police what language others speak in public. MYOB, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 09:59 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Again, how is his post hypocritical? Did he say "how lame to announce someone is being put on ignore" when he has announced it as well? No? So, what was hypocritical?
Again I pointed out that the poster has also put people on ignore and announced it.
Quote:
As for the second half of your post, it's just rambling words.
In other words you have nothing to refute it.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Nope you people that want to control what language people speak while out in public need to be put in your place.
No that's just something you've made up.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with my manners I've not had complaints other than when people stick their noses in my business and insist I only speak English.
It's not about you

Quote:
There won't be any problems otherwise. But I'll tell you one thing if someone insists I speak English out in public I'll make it clear it's none of their damn business btw I'm not a yeller.
Oh no AFP is going to unload on someone

Quote:
People try to eavesdrop regardless of how hushed tones are some people are just nosey it happens all the time when I take my father to his doctor's appointments and I'm speaking with him in Portuguese I catch Spanish speakers trying to make out what we're talking about lots of people are just nosey.
No that's just something you've made up. Not many peopledo that. It is extremely rare.

Quote:
I actually can speak three languages and here's the deal I mind my own business while out in public and don't speak loudly I don't stick my nose in other people's private conversations and expect the same thing in return.
It's not about you.

Quote:
I have enough people to socialize with don't need to make friends with nosey controlling hillbillies that want to tell people what to do.
Hillbillies? lol Like I said, rude, and arrogant.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
No, the arrogance or rudeness is from the likes of you who want to police what language others speak in public. MYOB, please.
No, the arrogance or rudeness is from the likes of you who make things up about others intentions. I'm not the one here who violates the rights of the individuals by forcing them to do something. Quit making, please.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Exactly. The reasons why people choose to speak their language they do, if they're multilingual, is totally their own business.

Using a language between someone of your background is not just for fleuncy, it's also for "sympatico" and nuance, familiarity.
And it's rude. Not all the time but there are times it's unwarranted and rude.

I tell people I don't speak Spanish. Once in awhile I'll hear them say something disparaging. Overwhelmingly it's women, lol. I choose to not speak it but I understand it. Odd how their manners change once I tell them that.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:15 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
And it's rude. Not all the time but there are times it's unwarranted and rude.

I tell people I don't speak Spanish. Once in awhile I'll hear them say something disparaging. Overwhelmingly it's women, lol. I choose to not speak it but I understand it. Odd how their manners change once I tell them that.
So why did you chime in to pick a fight here after your nativist buddy Oldglory was getting schooled for his Hispanophobic rants?

Last edited by silverkris; 04-11-2019 at 11:30 PM..

Old 04-12-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
So why did you chime in to pick a fight here after your nativist buddy Oldglory was getting schooled for his Hispanophobic rants?
I don't know who oldglory is so he's not my buddy. Another dishonest statement of yours.

I've already posted my thoughts on this and stated my exact reasons. You don't understand why I posted, on a discussion forum?

Old 04-12-2019, 09:24 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Again I pointed out that the poster has also put people on ignore and announced it.

In other words you have nothing to refute it.
Look up the definition of hypocrite, you have no idea what it means. There’s nothing to refute from a bunch of childish rambling words. Next time, try harder.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:33 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Look up the definition of hypocrite, you have no idea what it means. There’s nothing to refute from a bunch of childish rambling words. Next time, try harder.

Yep you are right his responses amount to disjointed ramblings.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:44 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
No that's just something you've made up.

It's not about you

Oh no AFP is going to unload on someone

No that's just something you've made up. Not many peopledo that. It is extremely rare.

It's not about you.

Hillbillies? lol Like I said, rude, and arrogant.
1. Didn't say it was but I've come come across monolingual nazi's before.

2. Like I said this is a free country and people can speak whatever language they please and yes it won't be pleasant.

3. Many people are nosy and try to listen to other people's conversations in doctor's offices waiting rooms etc that isn't something I've made up.

4. Okay the woman in the video might be a few generations removed from being a hillbilly. There are some hillbillies that are good people but this one is definitely trash her demeanor and language is straight out of the gutter. Yeah I do look down on her type not because of economics but plain and simple they're gutter trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies