Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 08:29 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Climates change everyday. Saying you don't think that the climate is going to change is stating a mind-numbingly obvious point.

The fact that the climate is going to get much much colder in the next 15-20 years should be worrying those in the northern climates, especially because we down south are running out of room to house them all.

The fact that you write ""climates change everyday" shows you haven't a clue what you are talking about as you don't even know the difference between climate and weather.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:53 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
About what I expected.

.................... and the AGW supporters do not receive funding and support from entities that support their claims?

Old 04-16-2019, 10:11 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I didn't listen to the video. Can you tell me who these guys are? I'm not doubting you, just didn't listen. I'm sure there are climate scientists who don't believe in climate change. However the greater percentage, some say 97%, do. Bottom line is, it's like gravity. Doesn't matter whether you believe it or not. It exists and its effects are real.
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
See this is where you hyper alarmists twist words and lie. NOBODY says that the climate isn't and doesn't change and the 97% figure you throw out there is not what you think it is. BTW, there is no such thing as a climate scientist. That's a made up phrase by the hyper alarmists to add more weight to their lies and propaganda. The people who study the climate come from all kinds of math and science disciplines. None of which are called climate science. Consensus doesn't mean anything other than a group agrees with each other. Scientists (consensus) are constantly wrong and change their views, look at the consensus that decided Pluto was not a planet, now they do. You just used talking points and propaganda in your post and nothing at all factual.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:37 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
See this is where you hyper alarmists twist words and lie. NOBODY says that the climate isn't and doesn't change and the 97% figure you throw out there is not what you think it is. BTW, there is no such thing as a climate scientist. That's a made up phrase by the hyper alarmists to add more weight to their lies and propaganda. The people who study the climate come from all kinds of math and science disciplines. None of which are called climate science. Consensus doesn't mean anything other than a group agrees with each other. Scientists (consensus) are constantly wrong and change their views, look at the consensus that decided Pluto was not a planet, now they do. You just used talking points and propaganda in your post and nothing at all factual.
You guys were right when you said the science is not settled. Science is never settled.
Look at the black hole we’ve recently discovered.
We only had speculation of what they look like or even their existence beyond a mathematical possibility. Well that aspect of the science is settle but what isn’t settled is now what happenes when something enters it. Wr have Theories, but we absolutely don’t know.

As with climate change, scientists work with what they have. So early on, data might have been different and as tech advances, it updates what is understood about our climate and how it works. Thats when reports are written and peer reviewed. So yes, it isnt settled and is always being updated based on new data, just nothing that supports skeptics.

As for Pluto, that was based on a consensus on what classifies as a planet. Further understanding Pluto, scientists came to a conclusion that it is a dwarf planet.

Quote:
The International Astronomical Union (IAU) downgraded the status of Pluto to that of a dwarf planet because it did not meet the three criteria the IAU uses to define a full-sized planet. Essentially Pluto meets all the criteria except one- it “has not cleared its neighboring region of other objects.”
https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/pluto.html

Old 04-16-2019, 10:52 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Those catastrophic predictions scientists claim that would happen “within in a few years” never came true back in 1927?

Duh! It’s all a scam.
I think climate science has progressed a lot since 1927, don't you?

Old 04-16-2019, 11:29 AM

33,545 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I noticed that at the end of 3 pages, not a single pro CAGW/CACC alarmists has disputed any of the content in the video. Why not?

Things that make you go hmm.
Because it's nonsense.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:35 AM

33,545 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
.................... and the AGW supporters do not receive funding and support from entities that support their claims?
Really? I'm supposed to be paid? "They", whoever they are must be with holding my check... Get real Hawkeye.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:42 AM

10 posts, read 3,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Because it's nonsense.

I'd love to actually read a point by point rubuttal instead of "denier", "heartland" blah, blah blah

Old 04-16-2019, 11:43 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Same group and "scientists" that claim second hand smoke is just fine. Sure the drapes are yellow, stringy sticky tar like substance coats the walls and furniture. But don't worry because that stuff wont harm you...….

If that is the quality of this groups work then I think I will look for another opinion.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:55 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I love it when I come across things like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqejXs7XgsU

That is 4 experts compared to 5,000 who say otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies