Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 01:44 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if the person who was at ground zero for this collusion mess by creating a false report an getting paid by FBI for lies, be charged with a crime.

His actions caused the tax payers waste of time, people’s life ruined, and tax payers at least 40 million!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 01:53 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,673,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I was wondering if the person who was at ground zero for this collusion mess by creating a false report an getting paid by FBI for lies, be charged with a crime.

His actions caused the tax payers waste of time, people’s life ruined, and tax payers at least 40 million!
You talking about Trump or Steel?

Old 04-20-2019, 03:32 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 5 days ago)

27,189 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:

Christopher Steele is unlikely to face any charges because his report was based on intelligence from contacts who he had known for years and were trusted.

Steele merely presented the intelligence from these sources, and once again he had found these sources to be useful in the past.

Furthermore any extradition would have to go through the courts, and the evidence would have to be presented and scrutinised by the High Court, the UK Supreme Court and European Court of Human Rights.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
You talking about Trump or Steel?
Being able to "read" is not easy for everyone. I suggest to get a tutor if you can't read or just want to hijack the thread.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Christopher Steele is unlikely to face any charges because his report was based on intelligence from contacts who he had known for years and were trusted.

Steele merely presented the intelligence from these sources, and once again he had found these sources to be useful in the past.

Furthermore any extradition would have to go through the courts, and the evidence would have to be presented and scrutinised by the High Court, the UK Supreme Court and European Court of Human Rights.

Thanks for your explanation but golden showers and other unverified crap that could not be verified, sounds more like gossip and a smear campaign than "trusted sources".

If everything else from these "trusted or useful sources" is like this crap, than what more are we lied about in the past?

Old 04-20-2019, 07:47 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 5 days ago)

27,189 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:
Thanks for your explanation but golden showers and other unverified crap that could not be verified, sounds more like gossip and a smear campaign than "trusted sources".

If everything else from these "trusted or useful sources" is like this crap, than what more are we lied about in the past?
Whether you believe the dossier or not, it would still be very difficult to convince a court to extradite Steel, and I think it is very unlikely that he will be charged with a crime.

In terms of Muellers Report it was heavily redacted, indeed there were over 1,000 redactions amounting to over 40% of the entire 448 pages.

I would also suggest from what I have read, that the extradition of Julian Assange may be more helpful in terms of soliving how the Clinton emails were hacked, and Mueller's report even suggest that a Clinton aide was targeted by the Russian GRU back in July 2016.

What's missing? The clues to Barr's 1,000 Mueller report redactions - The Guardian

As for Trump, he's not out of the woods just yet.

Donald Trump's Legal Problems in New York, Explained - Esquire

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-20-2019 at 08:06 AM..

Old 04-20-2019, 07:57 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
You know, I heard some guy on the radio claim British intelligence had their sticky little fingers in all of this and it was motivated by Trump’s declaration that he was going to pull out of NATO. I rolled my eyes and snorted at the time but after thinking about, it isn’t that far fetched. Maybe we ought to be looking into British interference in our election... starting with Christopher Steele.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:03 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Can Steele be charged? Probably not, but the DNC and Hillary and her campaign staff can be charged given the fact that they specifically used Russian agents/assets to try to frame Trump.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:04 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Whether you believe the dossier or not, it would still be very difficult to convince a court to extradite Steel, and I think it is very unlikely that he will be charged with a crime.

In terms of Muellers Report it was heavily redacted, indeed there were over 1,000 redactions amounting to over 40% of the entire 448 pages.

What's missing? The clues to Barr's 1,000 Mueller report redactions - The Guardian

The Guardian are no better at math than they are politics:

Old 04-20-2019, 08:15 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Well, President Trump is in charge. He can ask the DOJ to investigate Steele and bring charges and request extradition from the UK.

But, I very much doubt Mr. Trump will do so. I doubt that even Mr. Barr would be willing to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies