Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should We Expect Islam to Control Their Radicals?
Yes, there has to be responsiblity 40 61.54%
No, Islam has no governing body 22 33.85%
No, Islam is oppressed and right to be at war with the world 2 3.08%
No, attacks on Islam are scurrilous 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 10:10 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,115,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Tamil Tigers wont bomb churches because it was a proxy christian organisation fighting the Buddhist majority government.

May be this as a revenge attack for the NZ mosque attack.
They confirmed this.

So...they have committed an act of "revenge" on people that had nothing to do with the alleged wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 10:28 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,930,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnuluck View Post
Pray tell how do we Muslims bring a halt to this? You think there is a one single religious leader at the helm of Islamic world who just needs to say something and it will stop right away? You think its the incorrect interpretation of religious texts? Then this can only change with education. Look at the level of education in most muslim countries and look at how many of those muslim countries are mired in wars? You didn't think the war in Iraq was going to create a throng of orphans who can't be brainwashed to turn into religious zealots in the hand of those who have something to gain from it?
Seriously?? You are going to come onto a thread talking about the slaughter of hundreds of people (and the wounding of many hundreds more)..........all done in the name of Islam..........and start talking about how Muslims are the VICTIMS??? You're on the wrong thread, dude........

Old 04-23-2019, 10:29 AM

12,434 posts, read 8,222,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
They confirmed this.

So...they have committed an act of "revenge" on people that had nothing to do with the alleged wrong.
According to their theology if you are not part of them you are with the group that did the alleged wrong

Old 04-23-2019, 10:40 AM

31,195 posts, read 22,217,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
According to their theology if you are not part of them you are with the group that did the alleged wrong
Yes, all you have to say is you are a fellow Muslim and you will have the sympathy of the entire Islamic world and Western Leftists. In reality, Islam has always been primarely at war with itself, and takes breaks to expand and attack Hindus, Bhudists, Sikhs, Chirstians, Jews, Athiests, and any other people it comes in contact with.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:46 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,049,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Guys do you really believe Christians , especially from a cool country like NZ, will go and attack a mosque out of the moon? I dont think they are so unkind enough or stupid enough .

Old 04-23-2019, 11:03 AM

31,195 posts, read 22,217,675 times
Quote:
Pray tell how do we Muslims bring a halt to this?
Good point, but absolutey no non-Muslim is going to be able to do anything about it. It's up to people who identify as Muslims to fix it. In my my mind it would take a world wide Islamic reformation to happen, and I dont see it happening anytime soon.

Unfortunately it's a world wide issue, not just the middle East. It's not caused by Indians, Jews, Chinese, Philippinos, Australians, Russians or evil White men, as Islam deflectors and many western leftist like to say.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:21 AM

115 posts, read 61,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Seriously?? You are going to come onto a thread talking about the slaughter of hundreds of people (and the wounding of many hundreds more)..........all done in the name of Islam..........and start talking about how Muslims are the VICTIMS??? You're on the wrong thread, dude........
Sorry, my bad. Muslims can never be victims, you are right. Even after they were terrorised through proxy wars (weapons of mass destruction, Afghan proxy war with Russia) of course they can't be victims.

If majority is going to be content with the underlying rationale being Islam that's causing all these terror instances then you are simply fixated on a wrong root cause and as such will never remediate the issue. No one wants to ask the difficult questions, everyone wants an easy excuse which is the religion.

- Did you even ask why Sri Lanka was chosen to retaliate for frikking New Zealand's attack?
- Did you ask who is meant to gain from all this warfare?
- What do Muslims gain from this? More hatred for their religion? You really think most muslims would want that?
- Did anyone know that China has control of a key port in Sri Lanka?
- Did anyone know that China & India do not get along?
- Did anyone know that USA is not happy with China's increasing presence in that region?

Some food for thought, but nah that's too much work. I would rather blame Allah Snakbar for it, right?!

Old 04-23-2019, 11:24 AM

12,434 posts, read 8,222,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Guys do you really believe Christians , especially from a cool country like NZ, will go and attack a mosque out of the moon? I dont think they are so unkind enough or stupid enough .
It doesn't matter what I believe I am not following the Holy Koran to the best of my ability. You might call their faith stupid but I give them the honor of believing what they say about what they believe in

Old 04-23-2019, 11:24 AM

6,300 posts, read 3,448,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Very sad, seems the death toll is around 140 in Sri Lanka

Thoughts and prayers

Yes... someone did something in Sri Lanka.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:40 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,049,935 times
Quote:
Sorry, my bad. Muslims can never be victims, you are right. Even after they were terrorised through proxy wars (weapons of mass destruction, Afghan proxy war with Russia) of course they can't be victims.

If majority is going to be content with the underlying rationale being Islam that's causing all these terror instances then you are simply fixated on a wrong root cause and as such will never remediate the issue. No one wants to ask the difficult questions, everyone wants an easy excuse which is the religion.

- Did you even ask why Sri Lanka was chosen to retaliate for frikking New Zealand's attack?
- Did you ask who is meant to gain from all this warfare?
- What do Muslims gain from this? More hatred for their religion? You really think most muslims would want that?
- Did anyone know that China has control of a key port in Sri Lanka?
- Did anyone know that China & India do not get along?
- Did anyone know that USA is not happy with China's increasing presence in that region?

Some food for thought, but nah that's too much work. I would rather blame Allah Snakbar for it, right?!
You want to paint a picture that Islamic and Islamic rulers neither had a violent past or not they never invaded countries in the past and forcibly killed or converted them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies