Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 04:04 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times

Advertisements

What liberals fail to understand that the reason the cost of education is so expensive today is that the government already gives out billions in aid, enlarging college budgets and wasting money on hotel-like dorms and unnecessary offices of student activities and such.

Moreover, the kids took the debt, they should be the ones paying it back. If they are bailed out, they will not learn the value of money. I'm 39, still owe $23,000, pay $185 a month at 1.9%, so I just make my monthly payments month in and month out. I took much more in loans than I should have, but then again very few young people actually know the value of money at 18.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:05 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
The middle class will end up paying for this proposal if it ever passes (which I highly doubt) Anyone that thinks they can forcibly steal money from the rich in overtaxation is delusional.

Y’all think the rich is going sit there and give away their money because liberals say so? Lmao.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:06 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
I find it interesting that NO ONE is talking about how to contain actual college COSTS. Just like Obamacare, you people think the answer to everything is just tax rich people more and give it away. Can you never see the role these policies make in creating this mess?

Old 04-22-2019, 04:07 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austiNati View Post
Two and a half years, and you idiots give this administration a pass for every god damned violation under the sun. Legally and morally. And when everyone looks back, no one will be surprised at the constant bitching during Trumps tenure. People will actually wonder why they only cried, and didn't opt to take the bastard down instead.

Conversely, you'll be bitching for the rest of your life, as this "White man's last stand of administration" caps off an era of hostility toward basic human progress and equality. You'll be finding yourself oddly out of place and wondering why you were so adverse to change to begin with. But please, keep accepting your new normal. I hate liars, but I prefer my politicians to lie to me like politicians, not lie to me like New York con-men who pit the proletariat against one another.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:11 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Elizabeth Warren is hitting the policies out of the park and the MSM is not giving her enough coverage because she is not a circus side show performer like the carnival clown Drumpf. I love the idea of an educated populace as opposed to backwards pinheads, airheads, dunces and assorted nitwits. I will gladly have my blue state tax dollars go towards education as opposed to corporate welfare and bailouts.
Just exactly what the modern US educational system produces, and you love.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:11 PM

860 posts, read 1,357,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
This is what the millennials will have to learn to understand they aren't going to change things because we all had to deal with bad policies in the past. So no one who is just paying off the last of their 100K student loans is going to vote for someone who promises free schooling.

If Elizabeth wants to do that she needs to pay me some money to make up for the insane money I had to spend. Otherwise it won't happen.
Not everyone is as morally bankrupt as that. Your statement seems to be spoken from a level of privilege that has blinded you from past tribulations that others endured to create the society we're afforded now. If I've suffered through something, but I know it's in my power to change it so that no one else has to, then I'm all for change. That's the ONLY reason this country has gotten to where it is, and it seems like a few generations have thrown that grace and fortune out of the window and replaced it with greed, materialistic selfishness, and an ever shortening sight of the future and the impact that current actions have on it.

This ain't the past. The rate of shared information and technological advances have rendered your statement irrelevant. And besides that, you need none of that to simply THINK FOR YOURSELF AND HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE. That's the reason why "We all had to deal with bad policies in the past". There's absolutely nothing redeeming about politics in the 20th century, but we seem married to that state of mind.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:12 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
For those that are paying or have paid off their student debt, this might be a bitter thing
Yup. BTW, who is going to pay the Income Taxes on those forgiven loans???

Old 04-22-2019, 04:13 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I find it interesting that NO ONE is talking about how to contain actual college COSTS. Just like Obamacare, you people think the answer to everything is just tax rich people more and give it away. Can you never see the role these policies make in creating this mess?
It all sounds good in a campaign rally to a bunch of millennials that live in their parents basements. But then there’s reality.

I think Hillary said something similar in 2016 referring to Bernie’s “free stuff”.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:13 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Amen
This is the real issue!

Old 04-22-2019, 04:14 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It all sounds good in a campaign rally to a bunch of millennials that live in their parents basements. But then there’s reality.

I think Hillary said something similar in 2016 referring to Bernie’s “free stuff”.
They all remind me of that episode of Star Trek where the stupid kids were trying to take over everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies