Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 12:32 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,774,000 times

Advertisements

Who knew that it could all fall apart so fast.
At the start of the year, economists predicted an economic slump ahead. President Trump’s already low approval ratings were plunging. The Mueller report would threaten his presidency. And Democrats, we were told, would be driving the agenda for the next two years over a crippled presidency.

It’s four months later and, if anything, the opposite has occurred on every front.

The economy appears to be gaining strength. Trump’s approval rating is rising. The Mueller report was a dud. And House Democrats are fighting among themselves.

And the Icing on the Cake. They are arguing over impeaching Trump for crimes committed by Democrats. They look like a big bunch of Bozos. (no offense to real clowns)

Is This The Perfect Storm For Trump Haters?

Old 04-23-2019, 12:40 PM

24,741 posts, read 17,485,701 times
The Dems have been distracting and damaging the US. They have sowed discord and doubt about the future of the country. They have tried to denounce and destroy Trump out of spite for him.

How does what the Dems been doing for the last 2 years differ than what they are telling us Putin has been trying to do during the election with supposedly appointing Trump to the WH ?

The Dems have bean acting so poorly like brats throwing a tantrum yet somehow they expect us to believe that all will be better if only we give them the WH in 2020? Do they have a secret switch they can flip to end the TDS ?

Old 04-23-2019, 12:42 PM

923 posts, read 497,757 times
The LoonyTunesLeftards are only going to get worse when President Trump coasts to re-election in 2020.

Actually it'll be a toss up to see what triggers them more: His re-election or when he replaced RBG on SCOTUS.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:46 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,425,624 times
Democrats have nothing else’s to offer Americans other than the “bad man in Oval Office” message.

Its crazy Democrat’s are investigating a thorough two year FBI investigation all over again. Thinking they’ll find something the FBI agents couldn’t find, Lol.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:48 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,142,690 times
It is comforting that the USA economy has been doing so well for so many years now. It is natural to anticipate a bit of a slow down.

Seriously -- it will be almost 9 years of positive job growth -- that is unheard of.

The last two and quarter years are part of it indeed -- Thankfully!!!!!

I guess our trade deficit -- which is the worst it ever has been in 10 years isn't such a problem after all. Somebody must be wrong about all that stuff right?

Old 04-23-2019, 12:52 PM

20,969 posts, read 9,678,644 times
From the exact same website.

24 Points Pushing Hard For Recession
Quote:
1. The US stock market is slightly overbought (which is not a positive in terms of head room for more of a rally).

2. It’s massively built up on debt that is now more expensive to maintain and/or obtain.

3. The Fed is still rapidly tightening money supply and says it will continue to do so for several more months.

4. Interest rate increases and money tightening that already happened through this past December will continue to worsen economic conditions until summer because any changes by the Fed have about a half year lag time for the general economy.

5. That also means all the tightening that continues between now and September, will continue to pile more and more weight on top of the economy until next February, which is why the Trump admin. is screaming the Fed went too far.
Curious WaldoKitty finds the good news articles but ignores the bad news ones. Even though they're on the same website.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:54 PM

15,682 posts, read 10,472,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Democrats have nothing else’s to offer Americans other than the “bad man in Oval Office” message.
the MSM message, "bad man in oval office", may be enough for the dems to win in 2020. after all, registered democrats outnumber republicans by millions of registered voters and then there are the independent voters to consider. I'm not confident at all trump, or a republican senate or republican house, will win the next election. it is way too early to know how people will vote.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 04-23-2019 at 01:06 PM..

Old 04-23-2019, 12:54 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,161,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
The LoonyTunesLeftards are only going to get worse when President Trump coasts to re-election in 2020.

Actually it'll be a toss up to see what triggers them more: His re-election or when he replaced RBG on SCOTUS.
Shhhhh. They still think they’re gonna beat trump in 2020. Don’t spoil the surprise.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:59 PM

1,991 posts, read 907,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Who knew that it could all fall apart so fast.
At the start of the year, economists predicted an economic slump ahead. President Trump’s already low approval ratings were plunging. The Mueller report would threaten his presidency. And Democrats, we were told, would be driving the agenda for the next two years over a crippled presidency.

It’s four months later and, if anything, the opposite has occurred on every front.

The economy appears to be gaining strength. Trump’s approval rating is rising. The Mueller report was a dud. And House Democrats are fighting among themselves.

And the Icing on the Cake. They are arguing over impeaching Trump for crimes committed by Democrats. They look like a big bunch of Bozos. (no offense to real clowns)

Is This The Perfect Storm For Trump Haters?
Actually, things are looking pretty good for us.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...report-1286386

Old 04-23-2019, 12:59 PM

11,242 posts, read 8,360,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The Mueller report was a dud.
That is an opinion, and not one shared by all.

I'll be the first to admit, I have not read the entire report, but I am given to understand (from multiple sources, quoting the report itself) that there were multiple instances where Trump directed people to break the law, and the reason he's not being actively pursued for obstruction is that they didn't carry out his orders. I realize that is also an opinion, so there's that.

I guess my point is that it seems very clear that Trump's failure as a leader are his saving grace. His supporters will see it as "he was vindicated", and his detractors will see it as "he was too incompetent to carry out his desire to obstruct". Both are opinions, and I doubt either side will agree.

At the end of the day Waldo, I still believe that good will 'trump' evil. If that is the case, Trump, and the cause he promotes will not succeed. But I am not naive enough to assume that is how it will end up.

We'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies