Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 10:14 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times

Advertisements

Click on the multiple clinks below.

So an activists, probably an SJW Pro-black feminists activist is upset that facebook has banned her for talking about racism. Other black activists are also banned for similar views on their topics.

Here is my take on this. I'm all for free speech, and I'm against people being banned and deplatformed just as long as persons are not talking about violence or committing violence against groups, persons or entities. However platforms like Facebook can operate without impunity on what language people can use. The slippery slop is this. Hate speech is supposed to be only against white people, white nationalist, or Alt-Right. And that due to moral codes of society and academia, black people can not be racist and can say whatever they like or want. Sadly in facebook land, hate speech is not only applied to offensive white groups, but can also be applied to other groups of people as well. Example you have this activist talking about racism and white supremacy, but eventually she will end up saying hateful messages towards white people, but because she is black, Facebook supposed to allow her, her right to free speech even though her viewpoints and words maybe offensive. Once you ban one set of people, it creates a slippery slope to ban others. For those who are part of the left, be careful what you wish for. Once you ban and oust these white nationalist, it creates a slippery slope to ban feminists and pro blacks alike who tend to use hateful rhetoric. Once you silence one, you really silence all.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/face...100617477.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJY0r3rpQeY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 01:10 PM

any thoghts on this.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:18 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times
My thoughts are that not only white people can be racist. If they want to make rules, it better not be one-sided.

Old 04-25-2019, 02:48 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
It's the double standard so many of us talk about here in this forum - with SJW's defending the double standard.

Reverse that double standard and they'd take it up as some new cause, however.

Old 04-25-2019, 03:34 PM

The big problem with the pro blacks are the son called r racist white liberal allies who allow them to say whatever they want, but when ready, white liberals can also shutdown anti racist white rhetoric too coming from people of color. According to white liberal and pro black pathology of the victim. Black people can't be racist and due to not controlling institutions such as government. Yet white liberal. Yet when ready will shut down any form of free speech that is hateful. And yes blacks can be hateful in speech.

Old 04-25-2019, 03:39 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Click on the multiple clinks below.

So an activists, probably an SJW Pro-black feminists activist is upset that facebook has banned her for talking about racism. Other black activists are also banned for similar views on their topics.

Here is my take on this. I'm all for free speech, and I'm against people being banned and deplatformed just as long as persons are not talking about violence or committing violence against groups, persons or entities. However platforms like Facebook can operate without impunity on what language people can use. The slippery slop is this. Hate speech is supposed to be only against white people, white nationalist, or Alt-Right. And that due to moral codes of society and academia, black people can not be racist and can say whatever they like or want. Sadly in facebook land, hate speech is not only applied to offensive white groups, but can also be applied to other groups of people as well. Example you have this activist talking about racism and white supremacy, but eventually she will end up saying hateful messages towards white people, but because she is black, Facebook supposed to allow her, her right to free speech even though her viewpoints and words maybe offensive. Once you ban one set of people, it creates a slippery slope to ban others. For those who are part of the left, be careful what you wish for. Once you ban and oust these white nationalist, it creates a slippery slope to ban feminists and pro blacks alike who tend to use hateful rhetoric. Once you silence one, you really silence all.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/face...100617477.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJY0r3rpQeY

Well written.
Growing up as a white child of immigrant parents
I was ridiculed by other white children of different ethnicity.
It went on until one unfortunate kid put his hands on me.
A few bloody lips later,we were all friends.

Sticks and stones
may break my bones
but names will never hurt me.

Unless of course you are a whiny left of the swing set dirty diaper baby.

Old 04-25-2019, 03:44 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Well written.
Sticks and stones
may break my bones

Sticks and stones
may break my bones
but words can break my heart

(anyone who think words can't do a LOT of damage doesn't live in this world)

Old 04-25-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Sticks and stones
may break my bones

Correct ...not your world but definitely in mine................To each his own.

Old 04-25-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Well written.
Growing up as a white child of immigrant parents
I was ridiculed by other white children of different ethnicity.
It went on until one unfortunate kid put his hands on me.
A few bloody lips later,we were all friends.

Sticks and stones
may break my bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Sticks and stones
may break my bones

Quote:
Correct ...not your world but definitely in mine................To each his own.
I remember the good old days when actions speak louder than words. This phrase or notion is unacceptable in sjw land where words speak louder than actions.

Old 04-25-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I remember the good old days when actions speak louder than words. This phrase or notion is unacceptable in sjw land where words speak louder than actions.
Thankyou.

If I could I would sit down and toast a few beers to those glorious days of old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies