Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 05:54 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times

Advertisements

Attached is a good article by Robert Tracinski from “The Bulwark” entitled “The Charlottesville Hoax” Hoax, that examines exactly who marched at Charlottesville, what Trump said, and how Conservatives are trying to gaslight everyone after the fact.

https://thebulwark.com/the-charlottesville-hoax-hoax/

Old 04-30-2019, 07:42 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Yes we do know the instigators: A dozen armed far-right militia groups invaded a small, progressive city, bent on armed conflict with students protesting the white supremacy rally. The instigators were invading the campus and the town for the purpose of intimidation, extremism, political violence and terrorism. The Saturday Unite the Right Rally of white nationalists and supremacists at the University of Virginia was coming to town and had a Friday night surprise. They were going to march in a torchlight procession — a symbolic gathering meant to evoke similar marches of Hitler Youth and other ultraright nationalist organizations of the past century. A little after 8 p.m., Richard Spencer, a leader of far-right white nationalists and a scheduled headline speaker at the Saturday rally, texted a reporter.
“I’d be near campus tonight, if I were you,” he wrote. “After 9 p.m. Nameless field.” That was the start of 24 hours of racial rage, hate, violence and death. 8:45 p.m. Friday, a column of about 250 mostly young white males, many wearing khaki pants and white polo shirts, began to stretch across Nameless Field, at the University of Virginia. Their torches, were filled with kerosene by workers at a nearby table. ORGANIZERS WERE SHOUTING “Stay in formation!” AND “Two by two! Two by two!” BY BULLHORNS.
Within minutes, marchers lit their torches. Additional organizers, wearing earpieces and carrying radios, ran up and down the line shouting directions. “Now! Now! Go!” Marchers immediately began yelling slogans: “Blood and soil!” “You will not replace us!” “Jews will not replace us!” The marchers stomped over the campus and on student revered ground of the school founded by Thomas Jefferson. They paraded down the middle of the hallowed lawn, climbed to the rotunda and converged on a statue of Jefferson himself. There they met their enemy: A group of about 30 U-Va. students — students of color and white students — had locked arms around the base of the statue to face down the hundreds of torchbearers. The marchers circled the statue. Some made monkey noises at the black counter-protesters. Then they began chanting, “White lives matter!” Within moments, there was chaos. Shoves. Punches. Many marchers threw their torches toward the statue and the students. We all know what happened the next day:
A young neo-Nazi domestic terrorist plowed his car into a crowd of peaceful protesters, injuring 19 and killing activist Heather Heyer. David Duke, former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, was at the rally. Amid the helmets and shields and swastika-festooned flagpoles employed as spears were bright-red “Make America Great Again” caps. People were chanting “Russia is our friend.”

The Charlottesville Rally was not innocently about historic statues or even Southern and neo-Confederate pride as your false narrative implies, it was about showing the world that white supremacy and anti-Semitism continues and it was about intimidation and terrorism.

As far as your other comments such as, President Trump was placed in office to create havoc with those like you; another term should set you straight; the strategy is working.
Well, I know those are quite revealing about yourself. The strategy, you tout, is not working and most of America is repulsed. I believe that has you angry. Angry, perhaps, because you unhappily understand that most Americans view the strategy you love as a call to stand up for the soul of our nation and rebuke the hate. The ballot box and our vote is where we will do battle as we are not afraid of bullies such as you embrace and endorse. Patriotic Americans ( people like me) do not take kindly to being told that a leader is going to set a country's citizens straight.
Any group with any beliefs -- no matter how insane they are -- has a right to assemble.

This was the first time that the fascists of Antifa picked a fight with actual Nazis and race-extremists. These were not people rallying for Trump or free speech -- the folks they call Nazis that are honestly the polar opposite. These guys are a lot less restrained than what Antifa is used to dealing with. They're complete a-holes. Unlike Antifa, when one of these people set out to kill a bunch of people, a bunch of people actually die because these aren't a bunch of spoiled trust fund kids who fell in love with Communism in college. These people are legitimately scary.

But they do have a right to assemble. They have a right to protest. They have the right to scream "Jews will not replace us!" into the night, or howl at the moon if they choose to. The First Amendment doesn't limit free speech.

The instigators were the folks who showed up intent on attacking them. Antifa picked a fight. They threw the first punch just like they always do. Heather Heir didn't have to die and others didn't have to be injured getting hit by a car -- but they were doing exactly what the organizers told them to do. It is the "Anti Fascists" who act like fascists and cover their faces to hide their crimes like the KKK always used to. Then there's this guy who pretty much told Heather and the rest to get in the way and prepare to get hit by cars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq112zV62yc

All Antifa had to do is not show up or at least not physically attack anyone and nobody would have been hurt or killed. That doesn't mean I'm defending the wackos with their stupid tiki torches and bizarre Jew hating, racist conspiracy theories, but it was Antifa who attacked them and it was Antifa who went there looking for a fight. That makes them the instigator by any logical or legal definition.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:46 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Another Trump distraction to focus off of his crimes.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:49 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Trump hates pretty much everyone. He is destroying America. He is a pathological liar and everyone knows it. He is a con-artist and a thief and everyone knows it. When people defend him, I just consider such people part of the basket of deplorables.
Right, anything negative about the corrupt president is a hoax from his 38% base that ignores the more than 10k lies the birther president spews on a daily basis.

Old 05-02-2019, 04:22 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
I am not a big fan of Ann Coulter, but this is the best article I’ve read yet on exposing the Cville hoax with facts.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...arlottesville/

Old 05-02-2019, 05:29 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Trump hates pretty much everyone. He is destroying America. He is a pathological liar and everyone knows it. He is a con-artist and a thief and everyone knows it. When people defend him, I just consider such people part of the basket of deplorables.
Are you drinking my Kool aid?

Its funny because I have the EXACT OPPOSITE opinion of him.

I think he is being attacked unfairly from all sides and there is a coordinated coup attempt against him. He is anti establishment and is trying to follow through on his campaign promises and the elite cannot allow him to succeed. He is anti globalist so they are pulling out all the stops to undermine him.

He is single handedly trying to save America and is facing the most corrupt, coordinated and deceptive media propoganda campaign in history
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies