Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: should bb and pellet guns be subject to background checks under federal law?
Yes. 9 10.47%
No, simply take the opportunity to outright ban weapons such as the Umarex. 2 2.33%
No, it's not a problem; do nothing. 74 86.05%
other (please explain below). 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 08:29 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
If you want the right to bear arms, be prepared to take the responsible steps: background checks, paperwork, gun locks (when necessary), etc.
Which all mean nothing to criminals but morons can't or won't accept that. Which, I guess, is to be expected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 08:36 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Travis, BTW thanks for the link. After a bit of research, it seems this manufacturer looks like they have air guns that can store an air charge for extended periods, which solves a problem for me. Now I can have a ready anti varmint piece at the ready, to legally dispatch critters such as coyotes within city limits that want to kill my dogs.

Again thanks!

I gotta agree with others in this thread; the Hammer is really, really cool... but it ain't $800 cool.

Old 04-28-2019, 08:45 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
I gotta agree with others in this thread; the Hammer is really, really cool... but it ain't $800 cool.
A CO2 gun will kill small game. Hechuva lot cheaper.

Old 04-28-2019, 10:24 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
A CO2 gun will kill small game. Hechuva lot cheaper.
Very small game.

This is a very high quality Swedish airgun company making top tier airguns. Whisper quiet, very stable.

The .30 model can penetrate a large coyote skull at 50 yards

.https://www.airgundepot.com/fx-airgu...ed-barrel.html

Expensive though. $2,000.

Old 04-28-2019, 01:27 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Very small game.

This is a very high quality Swedish airgun company making top tier airguns. Whisper quiet, very stable.

The .30 model can penetrate a large coyote skull at 50 yards

.https://www.airgundepot.com/fx-airgu...ed-barrel.html

Expensive though. $2,000.
Cheaper just to use a rifle.

Old 04-28-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Cheaper just to use a rifle.
True. But also against the law within the city limits where I am buying. If a coyote is on your property there, and its presence threatens your livestock (or pets), you can cull it legally. But......, you cannot discharge a "firearm" within city limits to do it, unless the coyote is threatening a human. Air powered units are not defined as "firearms".

I like my dogs.

Old 04-28-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
True. But also against the law within the city limits where I am buying. If a coyote is on your property there, and its presence threatens your livestock (or pets), you can cull it legally. But......, you cannot discharge a "firearm" within city limits to do it, unless the coyote is threatening a human. Air powered units are not defined as "firearms".

I like my dogs.
Compound bow?

Old 04-28-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Compound bow?
Good option, but I am not very good with them in my experiance.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Good option, but I am not very good with them in my experiance.
Practice practice practice I can routinely put one on a paper plate at 50 yards. Maybe a crossbow pistol? They would work good at short range. They make a reverse one that is very compact, just looks odd.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:18 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,691,766 times
A week ago the local news announced that a toddler had been hit in the back of the head with a pellet gun. The child was hospitalized and is still in a coma. About a week later the police found that a young lad was shooting a pellet gun at will. One of the pellets struck the toddler.

The real problem is not the pellet or bb gun. The problem is in parents who fail to provide proper parenting. Many of today's parents give into the slightest whimpering of their child's wishes. Rather than getting the child training first they simply purchased the gun, hand it to their child, and don't have the slightest notion that this weapon can cause severe injury.

BTW, pellet guns can kill small animals but in most cases these weapons only injure the animal leaving it helpless and in pain to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies