Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 02:32 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Barr is a fraud himself. Barr is a political hack, which he proved when he buried the investigations into the Iran-Contra scandal (another national disgrace engineered by Republicans). He is the only person who could make Jeff Sessions look good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 06:15 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Don't think that congressmen are above the law. The democrats are abusing their power, especially Nadler.

He's asking the A.G to break law. AG Barr isn't falling for his trap. If he did Nadler would have cause to get him and make it stick. Right now Nadler just looks a fool and will look more so as the process plays out.

Joe Biden is the one that has the most to worry about. If he doesn't get the nomination and win the election he could very easily be relocated to the monkey house. He is as corrupted as Crooked Hillary. I wouldn't doubt he saw what she was getting away with and it inspired him to cash in.
I never said anyone is above the law. No one is, especially the law-makers.
I trust there are enough Congressmen who are still responsible and understand the limits of their positions. Where is the 'trap' you mention? If Barr has done nothing illegal, there is no trap. There's no trap if he has made a mistake either. It would only be a mistake.

Whether they are abusing their powers is a matter of belief for you or me, but for them, it's a matter that SCOTUS would decide.

The Attorney General is accountable to Congress, just as all others in the cabinet are, so he cannot arbitrarily decide if he's breaking the law or not. That would be a dispute for the Supreme Court.

You don't know squat about what Joe Biden thinks or was inspired by. All that is nothing but presumption.

I'm not privy to Joe's thoughts either, but I'm not so arrogant as to pretend I know his mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies