Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 01:29 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
And by the way, I am not saying that the news should be abandoned forever.

Just until such time there is no longer this toxic discourse and things are somewhat back to normal.

To a point, I get what you are saying, but we have to ask ourselves WHY we are seeing this heightened level of negative reporting about THIS PARTICULAR President. I can not ever remember any President being so despised and reported on by so many news people, and the blame falls all on one man...…….Donald J Trump himself.

If he behaved and spoke like a rational, sane, normal human being, he would not be seeing 1/100th of the things people are discussing about his Presidency. IF he got up every day and did actual work, acted ethically, didn't try to obstruct every request and subpoena, his life, and ours, would be so much less stressful. But he has to be an ass, and that is going to be reported on.

All of this falls right on his shoulders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 01:40 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
I strongly suggest that people get their real news straight from the horse's mouth only and not from any middle man, interpreter or source.

So, for example, if you want to know Trump's or Pelosi's views on something, ONLY listen directly to what they are saying.

Only read their own words or listen to their speeches on their web site.

Do not listen to anything that is reported or interpreted about what they are saying from a third source.

In other words, avoid "news" sources, channels or publications at all costs.
So you're saying accept without the benefit of verification or context whatever words fall out of someone's mouth, theirs and theirs alone? OK

(Although I do kind of like the idea of Sarah Huckleberry getting canned if we followed your advise)

Old 05-08-2019, 01:43 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
I can't decide of the premise of this thread is hilarious or pathetic.
Quote:
The news anchors and reporters are all corrupt and in it for money and power. There is zero honesty left.
Dang! I wish I'd have known they're was money and power to be had by working in the news business. When I was a working journalist, I had neither. Nor did any other working journalist I knew, except maybe the one sports anchor who got lucky every weekend at his favorite bar, if you call that power.

Quote:
It is not possible for most people to pick and choose the real information and decide for themselves anymore.
It most certainly is. One merely must be capable of critical thinking.

Quote:
I am talking about the national and big news sources.
You said "all".

Quote:
That's not what you said in your OP.

Quote:
I strongly suggest that people get their real news straight from the horse's mouth only and not from any middle man, interpreter or source.

So, for example, if you want to know Trump's or Pelosi's views on something, ONLY listen directly to what they are saying..
If you want to hear what they're saying directly, you must be in the room with them. Otherwise, you're relying on a middleman to shoot the video or record the audio. You then also must rely on over or more editors to transfer the video to the medium in which the video will be viewed. Even if a video goes straight to YouTube without editing, how can you trust the camera operator?

With the printed weird, you're relying on a third party to write down what the person said and translate to the page. Even the most meticulous reporter may leave out a word or two quite by accident in a direct quote.

Nope, if you want to hear what Donald Trump says without a third party providing the information for you, you'll have to shadow him. Good luck with that.

Old 05-08-2019, 01:50 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Sorry, I enjoy hearing like minded people telling it like it is. You may want biased news, like FOX, but some of us agree with most of the information on the other stations. You just have to be intelligent enough to sift through what you hear and sort out the truth.
it doesn't sound like you are

Old 05-08-2019, 01:52 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
Quote:

Just until such time there is no longer this toxic discourse and things are somewhat back to normal.
That won't happen until after the divorce

Old 05-08-2019, 02:07 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times
all news has always been propaganda, you just woke up to it

Old 05-08-2019, 02:08 PM

27,567 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Dang! I wish I'd have known they're was money and power to be had by working in the news business.
You better bet there is.

Don Lemon's net worth is 10 million dollars.

Chris Wallace's net worth is 12 million dollars.

Rachel Maddow's net worth is 20 million dollars.

Jeff Zucker's net worth is 40 million dollars.

Sean Hannity's net worth is 80 million dollars.

And these are almost certainly conservative estimates. These people have become rich beyond their wildest dreams in the news business spewing propaganda and nonsense.

Their only goal is money and power. Nothing else. That is why they have become so corrupt and Orwellian.

Every last one of them.

Please open your eyes.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:15 PM

27,567 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
If you want to hear what they're saying directly, you must be in the room with them.
No.

Audio, video and writing from them is direct from the horse's mouth.

Read their personal blog if they have one.

There is no middle man and there is no need to be in the room with them.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
I respectfully disagree spin doctors talk a lot they give off information useful unintentionally

Old 05-08-2019, 02:19 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
all news has always been propaganda, you just woke up to it
Correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies