Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 06:35 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You left out, that he answered the question, and then questioned his interviewer.
Run a narrative off your edit. Do you work for CNN?
You Texans are always good for a laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2019, 09:09 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,251,052 times
That is not how I expect a 35 year old Harvard lawyer to conduct himself. Shapiro is too conditioned by the hostile "my team vs your team" climate in the US, and was thoroughly unprepared for another country's interviewer that wasn't playing that game.

There's a line from the old show Doogie Howser, "you might be a genius, but you have a lot to learn"

Old 05-10-2019, 11:02 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Our US friends won't get to see this but the BBC's best political interrogator Andrew Neil interviewed Ben Shapiro this lunchtime.
It's a classic of its genre.

https://twitter.com/RobBurl/status/1126816217669488640
Is he really the best political journalist in the BBC?

I'm surprised Shapiro ended the interview, he should have just kept going at the sanctimonious twit Neil who was attempting to condescend the whole time. But I guess after 15 minutes he felt there really was no point.

If he is the best the UK has, and opens with a contention that Shapiro supports imprisoning women who experience a miscarriage - just call him another shock jock. Embarrassing.

Old 05-11-2019, 12:51 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,512,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Is he really the best political journalist in the BBC?

I'm surprised Shapiro ended the interview, he should have just kept going at the sanctimonious twit Neil who was attempting to condescend the whole time. But I guess after 15 minutes he felt there really was no point.

If he is the best the UK has, and opens with a contention that Shapiro supports imprisoning women who experience a miscarriage - just call him another shock jock. Embarrassing.
Neil is considered my most politicians to be the best in the business and is equally forensic in his questioning of the Left and Right.
Shapiro's demeanour during the interview and his ending of it abruptly has attracted ridicule on this side of the pond.
But maybe we do politics differently.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:07 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Probably why we got up and walked away from you guys in 1775.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Probably why we got up and walked away from you guys in 1775.
And the last time Americans ever walked anywhere.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Neil is considered my most politicians to be the best in the business and is equally forensic in his questioning of the Left and Right.
Shapiro's demeanour during the interview and his ending of it abruptly has attracted ridicule on this side of the pond.
No, it looked like politics. But I think Ben was expecting journalism from the BBC.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:27 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
This whole thing seems like a Rorschach test, those on the left and right each have completely different interpretations of the same thing

Old 05-11-2019, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
No, it looked like politics. But I think Ben was expecting journalism from the BBC.
Nah,I think he was expecting his usual soft interview where he could spout on with casual disregard for facts.
Hubris finally got the better off him so he concluded the interview.
And ended up looking like a turnip.

Old 05-11-2019, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Nah,I think he was expecting his usual soft interview where he could spout on with casual disregard for facts.
Hubris finally got the better off him so he concluded the interview.
And ended up looking like a turnip.
Why would he expect that from the BBC?

Seems quite clear he was expecting an objective interview. Do you think the "journalist" was objective?

"I'm interested that you think there is a thought movement in the Republican Party"

"All the new policies, Green New Deal, $15 min wage, medicare for all are all coming from the left, and they're popular"

"The ideas that are popular on your side of politics would seem to take us back to the dark ages"

"New abortion laws which you are much in favour of are that a women that miscarries could get 30 years"

Just a few pearls of objective journalism in the first 4 minutes. His appalling capability as a journalist is revealed with the final quote above. He has relied on an opinion piece from the extreme left rag, Slate for that absurdity. A sentence with two easily verified errors (if he wanted to be accurate) stated as fact. What could explain this?

You sure this is the best the BBC has to offer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies