Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 11:42 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how many times will leftists continue spewing this lie?

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay?”
A direct quote is not a lie!

No doubt Trump did his best to explain himself after his initial remarks. Okay let's give him the benefit of that doubt. Trump was not saying neo-Nazis and white nationalists were fine people, but after you split those hairs, who was Trump talking about really?

Fact is, the Unite the Right rally was a white supremacist rally and the people promoting that rally chanted racist and antisemitic slogans, carried weapons and displayed Nazi and neo-Nazi symbols, confederate battle flags as well as other anti-Muslim and antisemitic garbage. Their stated goal was to "unify the American white nationalist movement" and to oppose removing a statue of Robert E. Lee.

Now then. That sound like the sort of group you would be marching with? That sound like a group of "fine people" to you? Any of them? Even those who aren't sporting swastikas, what sort of "fine people" are they who march along with people like this? People who are chanting the likes? Hell. You wouldn't find me anywhere near a rally like that let alone taking part!

Trump's initial sad reaction is what any clear-hearing person ought to be able to hear. The condemnation should have be immediate, clear and without qualifications. Instead Trump suggests "fine people" on both sides? Like maybe there were fine people among the Nazis? Maybe, but really? That's what Trump has to say? It isn't only what Trump said either but what Trump didn't say, especially upon first reacting to the violence that went down in Charlottesville. 30 people hurt, state of emergency declared, the rally declared unlawful, white supremacist drives his car into the counter protesters killing one and injuring another 40.

You step up and what do you tell the nation of all the things you might say?

Wasn't just leftists who heard Trump's pitiful first reaction that was met with immediate widespread WTF dismay, but for some people..., no matter Trump's antics, rhetoric, stupidity and nastiness, there's always a way to defend the likes as you are trying to do. Truly embarrassing to witness over and over and over again...

Old 05-13-2019, 12:27 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Support for Israel keeps rich people happy? Please explain.
Never mind please, the usual force of habit

Tariff wars are something no one would be happy about, but as long as tax cuts are there to balance it out, elite should be happy.

Old 05-13-2019, 01:08 PM

21,935 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Because all other politicians pander and speak in empty platitudes. Trump says it straight.
Because most other politicians are not in it for the AMERICAN people. Doesn't it bother ANYONE how politicians grow rich while IN OFFICE?

Because other politicians are condescending and hate half of the people in the country they represent.

I voted for Trump and I admit, I had my doubts. But he has exceeded my expectations in every way.

Old 05-13-2019, 01:21 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Support for Israel keeps rich people happy? Please explain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Never mind please, the usual force of habit

Tariff wars are something no one would be happy about, but as long as tax cuts are there to balance it out, elite should be happy.
So you admit that you used the term "rich people" as a stand-in for Jews as a force of habit? Do you recognize how you continue to demonstrate an undercurrent of antisemitic attitudes, and probably without knowing it?

I DO think you, or your parents, are from India. Am I wrong?

Old 05-13-2019, 01:35 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
So you admit that you used the term "rich people" as a stand-in for Jews as a force of habit? Do you recognize how you continue to demonstrate an undercurrent of antisemitic attitudes, and probably without knowing it?

I DO think you, or your parents, are from India. Am I wrong?
If he opposes Iran, that makes Israel happy and vice versa. Iran doesnt have a big lobby like Israel does.

Since you asked so many times, I will tell you where I am from. But you will be surprised .

I am from Trinidad. ( And we should chill, since we had a lot of disagreement/agreement from those anti semitic threads )

Old 05-13-2019, 01:40 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,314,125 times
I don’t think it’s safe to say he’ll win. The electoral college gives Trump a disadvantage. He would need to win ALL background states with the exception of Nevada, and Colorado. Plus take away Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or New Hampshire which are almost always Democratic during presidential election cycles. Remember Trump BARELY won the first three states against the most corrupt and probably worst politician to run for president. He barely won. It all depends on who the Democrats put up. Biden will beat Trump. Harris will beat Trump. Buttigieg will beat Trump if he keeps up the momentum. The rest are debatable. And I voted for Trump in 2016. I want him to win but it anything can happen from now to Election Day.

Old 05-13-2019, 01:50 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
If he opposes Iran, that makes Israel happy and vice versa. Iran doesnt have a big lobby like Israel does.

Since you asked so many times, I will tell you where I am from. But you will be surprised .

I am from Trinidad. ( And we should chill, since we had a lot of disagreement/agreement from those anti semitic threads )
Wow, that IS interesting. Trinidad. (That was going to be my second guess.)

Old 05-13-2019, 05:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Because all other politicians pander and speak in empty platitudes. Trump says it straight.
Because most other politicians are not in it for the AMERICAN people. Doesn't it bother ANYONE how politicians grow rich while IN OFFICE?

Because other politicians are condescending and hate half of the people in the country they represent.

I voted for Trump and I admit, I had my doubts. But he has exceeded my expectations in every way.
Wait he double talks as much as anyone does. I'm sorry but double talk especially on healthcare was not saying it straight.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:08 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Wait he double talks as much as anyone does. I'm sorry but double talk especially on healthcare was not saying it straight.
About the only thing "straight" about what Trump says is that what he says comes "straight out of his mouth," amazing as some of those things tend to be all too often...

We've all heard or read the countless quotes and tweets that somehow keep his base enamored and the rest of us wondering how much worse can it get?

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?" Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!

5:48 PM - Nov 11, 2017 · Vietnam

Our POTUS people!

Old 05-14-2019, 12:16 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
I don’t think it’s safe to say he’ll win. The electoral college gives Trump a disadvantage. He would need to win ALL background states with the exception of Nevada, and Colorado. Plus take away Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or New Hampshire which are almost always Democratic during presidential election cycles. Remember Trump BARELY won the first three states against the most corrupt and probably worst politician to run for president. He barely won. It all depends on who the Democrats put up. Biden will beat Trump. Harris will beat Trump. Buttigieg will beat Trump if he keeps up the momentum. The rest are debatable. And I voted for Trump in 2016. I want him to win but it anything can happen from now to Election Day.
Rather than the electoral college being a disadvantage to Trump, it works to his advantage because it gives disproportionate power to small rural states. If election was by national popular vote he’d have little chance of success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies