Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 06:08 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times

Advertisements

Obama complained about Fox and talk radio all the time.

It is funny how liberals act like Trump shouldn't have the right to respond to their attacks, while at the same time they act like they are the Guardians of Free Speech.

There are liberals at colleges, on social media like Twitter, and internet forums like this are trying to get conservatives banned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 06:36 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,793,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Obama complained about Fox and talk radio all the time.

It is funny how liberals act like Trump shouldn't have the right to respond to their attacks, while at the same time they act like they are the Guardians of Free Speech.

There are liberals at colleges, on social media like Twitter, and internet forums like this are trying to get conservatives banned.
You have a strong point and somehow it's not equal to the essence of shenanigans we boast toward them.

Conservative and fair.. ....my moto! We spew just as more trash if not more then out Democrat counterparts.

We're beginning to sound like children at the parks...next I'll hear nan..nan..na..boo boo..we have the house etc etc.. both sides of the coin behave foolishly sadly, we're the adults.

Let's act our age and not our shoe sizes.

Both

Old 05-12-2019, 06:40 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
You have a strong point and somehow it's not equal to the essence of shenanigans we boast toward them.

Conservative and fair.. ....my moto! We spew just as more trash if not more then out Democrat counterparts.

We're beginning to sound like children at the parks...next I'll hear nan..nan..na..boo boo..we have the house etc etc.. both sides of the coin behave foolishly sadly, we're the adults.

Let's act our age and not our shoe sizes.

Both
I don't buy you are a conservative.

What are you doing is a posturing known as triangulation in which you pretend you are above the fray.

Old 05-12-2019, 06:53 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Trump preaches his rhetoric to divide, thats what dictator's do.
See, this is the point. Trump is about 10% as divisive as Hillary or Obama, yet the media tell you, "Trump is divisive", and you repeat it, no evidence required. It's pure indoctrination. It's not news.

Old 05-12-2019, 06:53 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Trump preaches his rhetoric to divide, thats what dictator's do. He knows that there is a percentage of the population, the dimwitted and the easily persuaded, that will follow him. Eventually he will ask you to do more for him. That has already started. But some have realized his plan and refused. Eventually these type's of leaders, are found out to be frauds.
Quote:
Eventually these type's of leaders, are found out to be frauds
Not this one. He has people advocating against a free press and for a state run media.

"The liberty of the press is essential to the security of freedom," ~ John Adams ~

Old 05-12-2019, 06:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Spygate? LOL, another fake conspiracy by Obama haters. I don't recall Obama calling Fox news "fake". I don't recall Obama banning Fox news reporters from WH briefings. I don't recall Obama calling for investigations into Fox news. Please show where I am wrong with solid proof not conspiracy websites.
He just violate their 4th amendment

https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...134204299.html

Old 05-12-2019, 09:37 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
People with measurable IQs don`t care much for FOX either. Being uninformed seems to be some sort of badge of honor among them. Who says those viewers are uninformed? The University of Maryland and Fairleigh Dickinson University surveys.

read:http://www.businessinsider.com/study...-at-all-2012-5
What kind of things are they less likely to know than normal people?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2.../#30d55f7412ab
Friends don`t let friends watch FOX
Stupid and bogus. You should be embarrassed to roll that stuff out.

Old 05-12-2019, 09:50 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Its no longer the free press when theyre a tool of the left.

Old 05-12-2019, 09:58 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Obama disliked Fox, which was noted for its bias and inaccuracy. He didn't rant against any other news that was negative about him, and did not call for legal action against them. Trump, on the other hand, undermines almost all major news sources, mostly in vague terms (like "fake") but is so hypocritical that he will suddenly praise them if he sees something favorable there.
It's true Obama didn't merely call for legal action against the press -- he ACTED, by doing things like secretly seizing the phone records of AP journalists and Fox reporters, spying on a NYTimes reporter to try to uncover his source, and labeling a Fox reporter a "criminal co-conspirator" for reporting on an espionage case. But somehow Trump is a danger to the media because he dares to respond to his critics in kind? Spare me drama-queen the pearl-clutching.

"We’re going to treat them the way we would treat an opponent. As they are undertaking a war against the President and the White House, we don’t need to pretend that this is the way that legitimate news organizations behave.”

QUIZ TIME: Who is responsible for the above quote: Donald Trump's communications director, or Barack Obama's?

Old 05-13-2019, 06:52 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,793,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I don't buy you are a conservative.

What are you doing is a posturing known as triangulation in which you pretend you are above the fray.
I'll always Express my views as I believe in them. Certainly not how my political affiliation wants me to believe nor as persuaded to digest.

Clearly, I've stated my affiliation as an exclamation to my point.

One isn't required to agree with his parent's ideologies to certify kinship nor establish heritage to said gene pool.

I don't agree with all from the right; neither, from the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies