Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 07:21 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If she was white, wearing a MAGA hat, and the elderly man black......it would make breaking news nationwide on MSM. And Trump would specifically be blamed for it.

I have to agree with you on that.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:22 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If she was white, wearing a MAGA hat, and the elderly man black......it would make breaking news nationwide on MSM. And Trump would specifically be blamed for it.
Absolutely because then it is political, racial, etc.

But this is a rude woman on the bus who killed a man with her inappropriate behaviour. It's a terrible story, it's not national news.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It is getting somewhat more coverage than I thought. Imagine if the races were reversed though.
Probably because some conservative media site posted 'why isn't the media covering this?" and that brought it to more people and now they are talking about it.

It's not national news.

It's a tragedy.

Has no national relevance.

It doesn't relate to the increased hate crimes based on race, politics, etc.
It doesn't relate to any discussion on gun control, abortion, economics, immigration.

It's a horrible person who caused the death of a person because of her horrible actions.

She was caught and charged...she's not on the loose.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
White persons calls police on innocent black persons- national news epidemic.
Because it speaks to racism.

When a student at a college is targeted because she is black and the security is called -- yes that is of national importance.

This doesn't seem to be racially motivated.

I'm surprised this is difficult for some to understand - -it is pretty basic.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Woman pushes elderly man to his death, media silent...
Obviously it was in the media, since you quoted the story. These things happen, and the attacker will face the music in court.

What is the point of this thread?

Old 05-15-2019, 07:30 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Set yourself down at the desk of the person deciding what goes on the news tonight.

What are your viewers interested in?

What happened in your town that day that people need to know about?

How much time to you give to each event that occurred in your town that day?

How many reporters and fact checkers do you have on the payroll, working that day?

What's it gonna cost to chase down a story across the country?

In my town, the saying goes if it bleeds it leads. That's why we do not watch the news.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:35 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
OP is just pointing out the hypocrisy of the leftist fake media CNN and MSNBC. We already knew that, but thanks for the reminder.
I didn't watch the vid.
The thought of someone doing something so evil to an elderly person or child is something I can't watch.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:37 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This from CNN.

Your search for Cadesha Bishop did not match any documents.

And from MSNBC.

Stories (0)

Which sort of demonstrates your point-CNN and MSNBC are not "news" media, like some of the others you quoted.

I conducted the same searches on those sites last night, and came up with zero also. Thought about it for a bit, and was somewhat surprised that CNN didn't have anything on it, but not so surprised that MSNBC didn't, mostly because they emphasize politics. Since this crime has nothing to do with politics, I'm guessing that's why they didn't have it.

Not that it matters to me, because I get my news from a multitude of sources.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:52 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Okay.
The media pendulum of yellow journalism has swung.

You and I are both old enough to remember when "black criminals" was a top ratings getter.
These days, they've learned from that shameful era and tend not to do that, perhaps even going too far the other way in some instances.

Now is the era of "white person does something racist" so if anything good can come from this it's going to be that maybe some people recognize whom the media hasn't been fair to in the past when it's they that are getting unfair coverage.

However, the bottom line is that the media has all the ethics of a street walker. They gotta make their dollar and that means ratings. They'll serve up all the garbage it takes if it keeps the doors open and the lights on and these are desperate times for a lot of media outlets.

There is even a term for this, it's called "The year of the Shark" where the media went bonkers over-reporting after a couple shark attacks. For profit yellow journalism. *shrug*.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:55 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
White woman pushes elderly black man to his death, media silent...

]
I don't know why their color was even brought into your question?
What I saw had nothing to do with color.
That woman should be charged with manslaughter if nothing else....
Hard to believe there are people like that..I hope her life is ruined for what she did to that old man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies