Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the United States is in the Right or Wrong direction under Trump?
Right 89 55.63%
Wrong 71 44.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 11:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Wrong path.

- Destroying the Western alliances
- Dishonoring deals and promises made by the United States
- Massive tax hikes on imports
- New tax law designed to reward some people, and punish the rest
- Government intrusion in free markets
- Deliberate incitement of division between citizens
- Making US the laughing stock of the world
- Embracing Putin, Duterte and falling in love with Kim
- Allowing tyrants like the three above to play him like a fool
- War on free press
- Personal insults of democratically elected people
- Lies, lies, lies, lies
- War mongering with Venezuala and Iral
- Supporting genocide in Yemen
- Failed coup in Venezuala
- Disrespect for the laws and constitution
- Skyrocketing debt
- Stock market hit a stone wall 16 months ago
- Bail out stemming from failed economic policies
- Failure at the border (illegal immigration quadrupled)
- War on law enforcement like FBI, military intel, and other US intelligence
- Disrespecting generals by claiming to know better than them
- Lying about releasing tax returns
- Etc, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 11:15 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Wrong path.

- Destroying the Western alliances
- Dishonoring deals and promises made by the United States
- Massive tax hikes on imports
- New tax law designed to reward some people, and punish the rest
- Government intrusion in free markets
- Deliberate incitement of division between citizens
- Making US the laughing stock of the world
- Embracing Putin, Duterte and falling in love with Kim
- Allowing tyrants like the three above to play him like a fool
- War on free press
- Personal insults of democratically elected people
- Lies, lies, lies, lies
- War mongering with Venezuala and Iral
- Supporting genocide in Yemen
- Failed coup in Venezuala
- Disrespect for the laws and constitution
- Skyrocketing debt
- Stock market hit a stone wall 16 months ago
- Bail out stemming from failed economic policies
- Failure at the border (illegal immigration quadrupled)
- War on law enforcement like FBI, military intel, and other US intelligence
- Disrespecting generals by claiming to know better than them
- Lying about releasing tax returns
- Etc, etc
Why are you bringing up so much about Obama?

Old 05-21-2019, 11:25 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Darn! You beat me to it!

Old 05-21-2019, 11:25 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
We all know that the folks on the far left, on here and other places, are working hard to continue the efforts of the prior administration to turn the United States into a second Venezuela. Thank God, President Trump is working hard to get us back on the right track to greatness. Covfefe, baby.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Bu...bu....but OBAMA.......

Old 05-21-2019, 11:39 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,202 times
If I add it all up... in my mind the nation is on the right path.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:52 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Do you think the United States is in the Right or Wrong direction under Trump?

As someone who has been around for a while, through some very tough and nasty national times, it seems as if this Trump movement is intent on taking our country, that we all love, back to a time that worked only for a limited few. Sometimes, I feel Trump is trying to take it to a completely foreign place that will not even resemble what our forefathers created and for which so many of our citizens have sacrificed and spent lifetimes nurturing and cherishing.

In the 1960's and 1970s, I was one of the young people who were against war and who wanted rights for those oppressed and vulnerable. Our actions have apparently led to the mother of all political backlashes, today. That backlash is now busy crushing democracy, intensifying socio-economic hierarchies, killing the planet and alienating most of the good people of the world.

If my opinion mattered, the "right" direction would not be authoritarian in nature. The priority I would see as the "right" direction would be about building a consensus to work toward solving the problems of the U.S.A. and not intensifying them with polarizing words and actions merely for political gain.

Currently, so many are so happy to hate and that does not bode well for us. It’s like the gates of hate opened up and the devils all flew out. I thought as a nation we had achieved a position of at least a desire to truly care about human rights and civil rights. A work in progressmantle, still excited to power on with our grand experiment. You know, proud to at least be united as a people where we are stronger and safer when we work together and an America that tries to bring the world together and leads with principle and purpose.

But I am heartbroken that one day we’re celebrating the election of an intellectual, ethical, black man as president, and the next day cheering a con man gliding down an escalator and who convinces Americans to fear based on biases.

I can't believe that the America I watched struggle and become stronger in its approach toward our constitutional goals of a more perfect union, justice, peace, civil rights and liberty for all, now wants to lock up those who have never been charged with crimes; to vilify those with differing opinions or religions; to undermine the institutions of our government; to imply and/or attempt to use them as personal political tools against we the citizens; to suggest our allies get more sanctions and tariffs than our adversaries. All of this and we are not even supposed to ask why, let alone investigate.

America feels and seems to be moving in the wrong direction under Donald Trump.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 05-21-2019 at 12:15 PM..

Old 05-21-2019, 12:03 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
It's been going in the wrong direction since at least the Wilson administration, if not Lincoln's. So of course it's still going that same wrong way under way Trump.

Any government so dedicated to punishing one group of citizens in the name of another, which our government has been since at least the Civil War, is going the wrong direction. Who gets punished on behalf of whom is irrelevant, while the point that the system only works by first harming some number of citizens is absolutely relevant. Such a system, regardless of which ideological drift claims control at any gven point, is immoral, twisted, corrupt and evil.

Trump is an effect, not a cause. Obama was an effect, not a cause. Etc.

The "cause" is Americans being conditioned to think that their best path to prosperity is the government harming some other American or group thereof in their name and for their benefit. Therefore, these tyrants elected one after the other are nothing but personified caricatures of one or the other warped ideological bents that 99% of the population subscribes to for the purpose of collectivization. They are, by definition, the "effect" that follows the real cause.

Trump is revenge for Obama. Obama was revenge for Dubyah. Dubyah was revenge for Clinton. Etc. Americans hate each other, and every four years we express that hate by hiring a Supreme Goon to exact our vengeance upon each other.

And it's been this way for well over a century if not longer.

Cracks me up that people think Trump started any of this, or Obama, or anyone in the last 100 years. These people are the embodiment of our hate, and we started hating each other around the time the ink on the Constitution was still drying.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:43 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
{snip}
But I am heartbroken that one day we’re celebrating the election of an intellectual, ethical, black man as president, and the next day cheering a con man gliding down an escalator and who convinces Americans to fear based on biases.
I am looking forward to this event as much as you are. Nothing on the horizon, though

Old 05-21-2019, 12:50 PM

27,572 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I am looking forward to this event as much as you are. Nothing on the horizon, though
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies