Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2019, 06:00 AM

3,729 posts, read 1,776,471 times

Advertisements

There was investigation being conducted. From what I'm gathering from the article is that the special counsels investigations wasn't anything about the Russian collusion. It was about obstruction of justice.

But what gets me is in order to obstruct justice is there needs to be an investigation, and at that time there was no such investigation ongoing that anyone knew about. And if you have a secret investigation ongoing and the person doesn't know about it how can they obstruct it?

So the question of what were they investigating seems to be obstruction of justice. That is why the special counsel was initiated. So why the cloak and dagger?

But since the investigation didn't state what crime they were investigating as required by the special counsel rules, the investigation was still unwarranted and likely illegal.

This is where they stated as their reasoning to the special counsel. In the underlying tones of the statement you could extract that they were looking for obstruction of justice

Quote:
(i) any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and (ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and (iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).
But again, if there was no investigation, or the person doesn't know they are being investigated, how can you obstruct?

One of the main things in obstruction is intent. You need to know you are doing something to thwart or hide or disguise evidence in order to obstruct. If you don't know you are being investigated then it's not possible to obstruct even if things you do look like obstruction.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...covered-it-up/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2019, 06:10 AM

24,757 posts, read 17,498,156 times
Stop it you are making too much sense. All they need to know is that the orange man is bad and needs to be impeached. They don't need an actual reason but collusion, obstruction a simple we don't like him is enough to incite many Dems.

Imagine how much better we would all be if they decided to work with the guy instead of against him. I don't know what they are going to do if he should win in 2020. They have thrown everything at him, pulled every dirty trick from their playbook to discredit and destroy him while the media carries and advances their agenda yet he is still a force.

Michelle O once said "when they go low we go high". I think the Dems have been going really low and they don't plan on giving up, damn the country, and to think these people want to be put back in charge...

Old 05-27-2019, 06:14 AM

35,842 posts, read 21,236,046 times
If it smells like dead fish - must be dead fish, but you must investigate by law - prove it before you throw it out. I am not there, just saying investigations are done when there is a fishy smell. We all know there’s a fishy smell- but it’s origin?? Wouldn’t you want to know?

Old 05-27-2019, 06:45 AM

24,757 posts, read 17,498,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If it smells like dead fish - must be dead fish, but you must investigate by law - prove it before you throw it out. I am not there, just saying investigations are done when there is a fishy smell. We all know there’s a fishy smell- but it’s origin?? Wouldn’t you want to know?

Well they say where there is smoke there is fire but the problem with all of this collusion nonsense is it was the Dems that started the fire. They have been fanning the flames and waving the smoke to irritate us all and to draw our attention away from the real problem which is them.

Trump has his faults but he is not an arsonist.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:54 AM

35,842 posts, read 21,236,046 times
You don’t know that. You believe he is not, but unless you up close - as in live in the next room - you don’t know. There are many hidden things in politics - just like everything else. Your own wife or hubby may not know all about you. I say if there’s a fishy smell -check it out I don’t care who killed the fish. Investigate

Old 05-27-2019, 06:56 AM

30,899 posts, read 19,525,898 times
Obama's Spooks spied on one of the campaigns in order to try to assure the election of the other as 3rd world countries do. They then implemented the plan discussed in Andy's office to depose the President....Trump obstructed with their efforts to plant false evidence on him in order to convict him of a crime he didn't commit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies