Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 07:52 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times

Advertisements

Let's make America great! Ok, how exactly are Republicans going to do this and what exactly are they going to do?

I'll help you with a few questions, post your own answers and add whatever you think is important. Pretty easy in 4 years to say "Oh yeah I knew that was going to happen" or "well obviously!".

Much harder to call it ahead of time though.

So:

Will they build the wall?

Will we see job growth under trump?

Will they indite Hillary Clinton?

What will the Dow Jones be in 4 years?

Will national debt expand faster under Trump with his policies?

What will the tax changes be? Will this add to the debt?

How will they fix medical insurance? Will costs go down? Will the changes add to the debt?

Will we have another war? Where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 08:03 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times
Wall will never be built

Illegals wont' be rounded up, they may deport a few token felon types and I'm for that but overall nothing will change.

They will never indite Hillary.

Trump may try to Tariff some goods, it won't turn out well. Costs will rise and jobs won't return. Inflation will start to rise.

Down Jones will be within 2k points of 20k in 4 years.

National debt is going to expand much faster under Trump and the Republican congress. In fact we may even see a credit down grade as a result of their spending.

They will cut taxes, mostly top heavy and expand the child tax credit. They will reduce the impact of some itemized deductions but the math will by really fuzzy and rely on impossible projections of growth to pay for the cuts which will never materialize. This will greatly expand the debt and growth projections will be rosy.

Medical is going to be a CLUSTER F. They are going to push block grants and in a half ass way eliminate provisions of Obama Care. Overall medical costs will continue to rise and people will be pushed off the insurance rolls. Their changes will in fact cost tax payers and add to the debt while costs continue to rise and people fall off the insured rolls.

Overall I expect the first year to be somewhat hopeful and as time goes on we will edge closer and closer to recession. Inflation is going to flare up from Trump's trade policies, interest rates will rise, consumer sentiment will fall and inside of the second or third year we'll be in a full blown recession. They'll continue to push for tax cuts to stimulate, they won't work as they'll be top heavy as usual.

In the end, Trump will disrupt trade in a negative manner, causing a small trade war and resulting in much higher costs to the US consumer without any benefit of jobs. job growth is going to slow significantly. Debt is going to rise significantly. Dismantling obamacare will not save people money, costs will rise and millions will fall off the insured rolls.

Enjoy the coming recession.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:06 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
I predict there will be 4 years of constant whining, fussing and carrying on about something that is out of their control.
Otherwise I have no predictions, I am going to see what happens as the days pass.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:10 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,306 times
1. Trump will never produce those long awaited tax returns.

2. We will never see any objective proof that Melania Trump is a legal citizen of this country.

3. The swamp will never be drained.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:15 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Some people will enjoy the next four years, and will work hard at helping trump meet his goals.
Some people will moan and cry for the next four years, and will do all they can to be obstructionist.
Some people just won't care, so long as the political elites leave them alone to live out their lives in peace.
I find myself to be in the third category, most of the time.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:19 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Some people will enjoy the next four years, and will work hard at helping trump meet his goals.
Some people will moan and cry for the next four years, and will do all they can to be obstructionist.
Some people just won't care, so long as the political elites leave them alone to live out their lives in peace.
I find myself to be in the third category, most of the time.
Why should anyone work hard for a man who has never done a hard day's work?

Old 01-05-2017, 08:22 PM

891 posts, read 1,053,890 times
World War 3, and if so, does anything else matter?

Old 01-05-2017, 08:24 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Peace, Prosperity, Pleasure

Old 01-05-2017, 08:24 PM

1,400 posts, read 863,754 times
Despite what they say publicly, my prediction is that the democrats will work with Trump to get things done in a bipartisan fashion. Nutjobs like Lindsey Graham and Elizabeth Warren will try to derail the Trump agenda, but will fail miserably.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:29 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
Quits within six months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies