Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 12:55 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4g5O8w28U

The teacher can be heard telling the pupil:

You're entitled to your opinion.

However, in response, the pupil says:

If I am, then why did you kick me out of class? It's not very inclusive.

This is an inclusive school.

In response, the teacher then says:

No, I'm sorry, what you were saying is not very inclusive. This is an inclusive school.

He then goes on to explain that there are more than two genders 'by law', and that by saying there are only two, the student hadn't been very 'inclusive'. He then adds:

You were clearly given an opportunity not to pursue it. You chose to do so.

However, the 17-year-old won't give up that easily. In response, he says:

I think it's silly to have anything other than two genders, sir.

The teacher then adds:

Could you please keep that opinion to your own house?

In response, the teenager says:

So you get to put your opinion out in class, and my opinion has to stay inside my house?

In response, the teacher says:

No, I am not putting my opinion out. I am stating what is national, school, authority, policy. Ok?

The pupil then tells the teacher that it's 'not scientific whatsoever', to which the teacher responds that 'not every policy is scientific'.

It is understood that the teenager has been disciplined for sharing the video online without consent, but it is not known whether the boy has been suspended, reports the Daily Mail.

The clip generated a debate online, with many saying that the boy had been unfairly treated, while others said that the teacher was in the right.

https://www.indy100.com/article/boy-...nshire-8966776
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 01:09 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
Maybe he couldn't count past two.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:10 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
he's a wee heretic, he is.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:12 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
So how many are there then ? How can a law be made if there is no precedence set ?

For the record, there is only two...

Old 06-20-2019, 01:14 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
I was surprised to learn that there are more than two genders, unless one counts being a hermaphrodite as a third gender. (Even transgenders commit to being either male or female, not some kind of "x" gender.) So what is the third gender if it is not "hermaphrodite"?

Or, wait, maybe I am confusing gender with sex, as was maybe the student? It is just so hard to keep up with all these new terms and definitions!

And, btw, I thought it was VERY cool how the student kept his cool and was polite, but still stuck to his position.

P.S. Well, I did find this article, but I must confess that it did not clear up the matter for me, and even the article itself said, (quote, my itlalics): "Gender" is more difficult to define, but it can refer to the role of a male or female in society, known as a gender role, or an individual's concept of themselves, or gender identity. [end quote] And this was part of a medical periodical!

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/232363.php

Old 06-20-2019, 01:15 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Maybe he couldn't count past two.
Or maybe he’s the only rational one in the class.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:17 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So how many are there then ? How can a law be made if there is no precedence set ?

For the record, there is only two...
The left redefines gender.

To most people gender = biological sex

To the left it means how one believes oneself to be. So there are 879123712340789981340897298347234287 possible answers.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:20 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
I get where your going with this but, It is a distraction to have someone keep harping about their opinion in a class room setting when your trying to move on. I have been the instructor and student and it sucked for both.

What is interesting is both of them are correct in the end.
Student: Scientifically there are is only two sexes for humans but there is a tweener in there so its not 100% cut and dry.
Teacher: "Not every policy is scientific" is 100% correct

Lord knows we have had many policies in the USA that are not based on science.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:26 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,043 times
Translation:

I don't care if you're right, the LGBTQ controls my purse strings. I don't wanna lose my job becasue some LGBTQ reported that I at least don't try to kick you out of my class.

I swear liberals are like that Cardassian, and normal people are like Captain Picard in that Star Trek the Next Generation episode, being tortured about a 5th light when there are only 4.

THERE ARE ONLY 2 GENDERS!

Old 06-20-2019, 01:45 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
The kid is smart, he made sound arguments and has a more reasoned and mature tone of voice and manner than old Mr. Fascist. Normally I dislike kids challenging teachers but if teachers are going to fall in line with crazy SJW illogical ideas as FACT and POLICY, the kids have every right to voice their objections. Mr. F. even said it wasn't scientific. So it's just what You will Think and Say even though it is based on nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies