Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 05:13 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times

Advertisements

All of them have almost similar ages.

I respect people of age and their experience, wisdom, having learned from their successes and failures.

We as the next generation and generations after us, can learn and should learn from them.

But looking at the three of the oldest people on the public podium, there seems to be a huge difference when it comes to how their age projects themselves.

President Trump, looks and act very energetic.

Joe Biden aged so much and looks tired.

Bernie Sanders, has energy but always looks angry and looks like he can get a heart attack from being so worked up about using all the phobic words.

Will this time around, age be a negative for the Democrats, as Trump beats all of them when it comes to showing younger and energetic?

Please do not start using nasty names if you do not like the person but keep this thread clean and about age related, regarding able to be the president and be there for at least 4 years.

I for sure will ignore as I have been doing, to reply to any insulting post regarding any person in politics. After all if I don’t like them, I do not have to trash them.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:16 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
What about Trump looks energetic?

Serious question.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:23 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

I respect people of age and their experience, wisdom, having learned from their successes and failures.

We as the next generation and generations after us, can learn and should learn from them.

But looking at the three of the oldest people on the public podium, there seems to be a huge difference when it comes to how their age projects themselves.

Bernie Sanders, has energy but always looks angry and looks like he can get a heart attack from being so worked up about using all the phobic words.

Will this time around, age be a negative for the Democrats, as Trump beats all of them when it comes to showing younger and energetic?

Please do not start using nasty names if you do not like the person but keep this thread clean and about age related, regarding able to be the president and be there for at least 4 years.

I for sure will ignore as I have been doing, to reply to any insulting post regarding any person in politics. After all if I don’t like them, I do not have to trash them.
I think Trump looks bloated and out of shape, kind of lumbering. He doesn't look that healthy to me. I'm sure 12 diet cokes a day don't help.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:39 PM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post

Serious question.
I laughed. Of those three guys Trump easily looks to be in the worst shape.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:42 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,587,391 times
I live out here in Geezer nation (suburb of Phoenix, 55+ gated community) and I can say with 100% confidence that President Trump is way more energetic than the average 72 year old. Biden, although thinner, does not display any sort of vigor. Bern shows his anger, but not much else, and with his pasty white face turned bright red, well it isn't a good look

Old 06-25-2019, 06:34 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:

Serious question.
His entire demeanor. He can talk with people of all backgrounds in long entertaining conversations. Hold rally’s that go on for more than an hour and just looks fresh as if he just started.

That for a man of his age, is what many can only wish for.

Compare that to Bernie or Joe and Trump is a cut above.

Obama aged a lot during his first years as President and I do not see that with Trump.

When I see Biden who was most of his life a better looking man, he now looks like he won’t even will make it till the end of the 20+ campaign race to the point when whoever wins has to face of with Trump.

Hate Trump or love him, but don’t forget how he beat an entire field of Republicans and then defeated Hillary and the Democratic Party so badly that everyone on that side can’t stop whining.

Regardless if you like him or not, that is a huge accomplishment for someone his age!

Old 06-25-2019, 06:38 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:

Serious question.
And also, he looks as angry as Bernie most of the time too. The worst of both.

I'm no Biden fan, and very much hope he is not the nominee. But it's so amusing that it's become an article of faith among the Trumplings that Biden is old and lacks energy, because that's not even remotely the perspective shared by anyone not already enthralled by Trump.

Old 06-25-2019, 06:40 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:

Serious question.
Are you kidding? He just held a rally for 20,000+ people in Florida. YUGE energy there.

Biden? His tiny rallies are like funerals and he looks like he's exhausted before he even starts.

Bernie? Very angry that he knows the Democrats won't let him be the nominee.

No comparison between Trump and the two 80 year olds.

Old 06-25-2019, 06:45 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Are you kidding? He just held a rally for 20,000+ people in Florida. YUGE energy there.

Biden? His tiny rallies are like funerals and he looks like he's exhausted before he even starts.

Bernie? Very angry that he knows the Democrats won't let him be the nominee.

No comparison between Trump and the two 80 year olds.
IMO, they’re all too old. I just don’t buy that Trump is this paragon of youth. He looks absolutely terrible.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:49 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Please do not start using nasty names if you do not like the person but keep this thread clean and about age related, regarding able to be the president and be there for at least 4 years. I for sure will ignore as I have been doing, to reply to any insulting post regarding any person in politics. After all if I don’t like them, I do not have to trash them.
I'll refer you to an article I mentioned previously:

Donald Trump’s Medical Malice
There’s a word for his insinuations that something is wrong with Joe Biden. It’s “sick.”

By Frank Bruni

In 2016 they sought to sow doubts about Hillary Clinton’s physical fitness by homing in on every errant step she took, every bit of exhaustion she flashed, every inscrutable glaze of her eyes... Now it’s Joe Biden’s turn...

That this medical rumormongering has begun so early in the race may be a sign of Republican desperation... That’s Trump’s intent — naked, nasty and entirely in character. But he might want to keep in mind that the tables can easily be turned, especially on a man who is himself 72 years old, lives on red meat, relishes fast food, abhors exercise and tries to deny the ravages of that lifestyle with a necktie that makes a beeline for his knees.

Opinion | Donald Trump

I particularly want to point out that you're very wrong in attributing anger to Bernie, and not to Trump. It's true that Bernie has a lot to rant about, and Trump is able to bask in the adoration that he arranges for himself, and certainly doesn't work as much at anything. But Trump may well be the angriest president we've ever had, certainly the angriest in memory, constantly complaining, threatening, and insulting people right and left. And I'll add that while Biden does look older, there's no doubt in my mind that he's physically in better shape than Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies