Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 01:12 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times

Advertisements

Be happy it was not an American Pit Bull Terrier because over 900 American cities and jurisdictions have laws on them already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 01:36 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Just because a dog is trained and certified, does not guarantee anything. A police dog may cost $65,000. or more to train. They are supposedly taught to be highly disciplined and not to react to cats or other dogs they encounter. But when I went across the street to identify a burglar the police had caught, my big cat walked along with me. A police dog saw the cat and lunged at it so hard, it pulled its leash right out of its handler's grasp. The cat counterattacked and flew right into the dog's face, which turned tail and with the cat clawing its rear, took cover under a police vehicle.

The handler was humiliated and got down on his knees, pleading with the whimpering dog to come back out. The other officers were highly amused. Then my cat, recognizing that this cop was associated with the dog, went right up to him, turned backwards and sprayed his pants' legs. I imagine that story was told many times, around the station-house.

Click the link, to see Big Sam's picture. He weighed 23 lbs. in his prime and never failed to put an ill-mannered dog in its place.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/221215...20374/sizes/o/

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 07-02-2019 at 01:45 AM..

Old 07-02-2019, 04:29 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Chris Kyle was killed by a buddy of his who had PTSD.
So what !!! Did he have a service dog that ate him or something ?

Not everyone with PTSD is a future killer but you want to treat them as if they all will become one !!!

Complete nonsense !!! Contrary to the known facts !!!

Old 07-02-2019, 08:39 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
So what !!! Did he have a service dog that ate him or something ?

Not everyone with PTSD is a future killer but you want to treat them as if they all will become one !!!

Complete nonsense !!! Contrary to the known facts !!!
PTSD is a mental health problem. They should not be carrying a gun.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:41 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I saw a sign at the local Wal Mart that read that the store allows service animals but not pets. Service animals are those that are trained to do a service. Comfort animals are not considered service animals. I don't know if they enforce it but they could stop you from being a pet into the store.
Service animals would be seeing eye dogs, dogs that are trained to alert owners of seizures, helper monkeys, police dogs, rescue dogs, etc. If you have anxiety and need your dog to keep you calm, that wouldn't qualify.
Our local one does not enforce it. They also have a sign saying "no animals in carts" but that is not enforced either.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:49 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
So is liberalism but they get their second amendment rights !!!

Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic - New York Post
https://nypost.com/2016/06/09/scienc...chotic-traits/

The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism.

Last edited by phma; 07-02-2019 at 08:59 AM..

Old 07-02-2019, 08:51 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Is it possible that you don't remember correctly?

In most states, an individual may lose their ability to own a gun, or another weapon, if they are found to be mentally incompetent. PTSD and mental incompetence are not the same things. A person can be mentally incompetent without having PTSD or depression.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:02 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Chris Kyle was killed by a buddy of his who had PTSD.
overwhelming majority of the people suffer from PTSD are not violent.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:11 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Just because a dog is trained and certified, does not guarantee anything. A police dog may cost $65,000. or more to train. They are supposedly taught to be highly disciplined and not to react to cats or other dogs they encounter. But when I went across the street to identify a burglar the police had caught, my big cat walked along with me. A police dog saw the cat and lunged at it so hard, it pulled its leash right out of its handler's grasp. The cat counterattacked and flew right into the dog's face, which turned tail and with the cat clawing its rear, took cover under a police vehicle.

The handler was humiliated and got down on his knees, pleading with the whimpering dog to come back out. The other officers were highly amused. Then my cat, recognizing that this cop was associated with the dog, went right up to him, turned backwards and sprayed his pants' legs. I imagine that story was told many times, around the station-house.

Click the link, to see Big Sam's picture. He weighed 23 lbs. in his prime and never failed to put an ill-mannered dog in its place.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/221215...20374/sizes/o/
great story...…...

Old 07-02-2019, 10:12 AM

725 posts, read 805,844 times
What we should be questioning is why so many soldiers have PTSD? What are they doing that is causing them so much distress? If they are defending U.S. borders against foreign invasion (false asylum seekers) and defending free speech, right to bear arms, freedom of association, freedom to practice your religion, freedom of body and property, then why are they so upset? Is it because they don’t do any of those things but are sent to countries like Iraq and Syria interfering in middle east affairs and are trained in boot camp to blindly follow orders, to be mindless, to act not as individuals but as an instrument of the American military industrial complex? Surely Swiss soldiers, Russian soldiers, even Moroccan soldiers aren’t suffering from PTSD. What makes American soldiers different? Is it the training, is it the type of people selected for service? It’s hard to quantify but I doubt Iranian or russia soldiers in combat in Syria or Crimea suffer from ptsd to the degree of American soldiers.

Last edited by john620; 07-02-2019 at 10:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies