Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 06:14 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Nearly all people with a lick of sense are "pro whatever they are". It's simple self preservation. And being pro whatever you are is not necessarily being anti-anyone else. Most races/cultures/ethnicities/creeds understand this and it is accepted of them by others, with one glaring exception.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post
I flat out disagree. We should be defending culture, not skin color. The nuclear family worked not because is was white people, it works in every single country, regardless of race. When two people work together to build a better life, in enriches them, their neighborhood, their family, their community, their country. When a family takes care of their own, it relives the burden from society.

I have been very clear in my posting history that I grew up much differently than most. I am white, but I was a minority in South Florida. The schools I attended had less than a 20% white population. I have never dated a white woman in my life, never once. The first love of my life was born in Nicaragua, second was from Cuba, third was a Black American, fourth was from Puerto Rico, and my wife is from the Dominican Republic. All of our children are bi-racial and we don't recognize race in our family. Our children were raised that there are only Americans, no matter the skin color.

I have been at war with the thug culture my entire life, which is the single most destructive thing to happen to Blacks that there has ever been. At least with Jim Crow, slavery, it was mostly external forces. With the current thug culture, it is blacks destroying blacks for no reason what so ever, except petty jealously. Yet ignorant people continue to place the blame on "government", which is just another word for white people.

I have fought, been shot at, been jumped, run off the road, had my vehicles destroyed, all because of my skin color. Growing up, every single one of my friends were black. It was so bad, that one of my friends Mom's would have her brother drive me home to try to keep me safe. I still remember the conversations "Hey, that little white boy was playing with Willie again today, can you give him a ride home, you know how they been talking about him".

My family and I are about the relocate to Birmingham, AL. Reading the news everyday it is truly heart breaking. The Black on Black murder rate is unbelievable. How have so many people been conditioned to place zero value on human life.

Even today, mixed race people are being forced by society to choose one part of their DNA over another. The fact that President Obama is considered the first Black President is proof of this. He should be remembered as the first mixed race president, but hey, you can only be one I guess. Tiger Woods is the only part black celebrity that I can remember that has stood up for his mixed race heritage, and if you remember, he was attacked because of it.
Why is this diatribe aimed at me and not the black people in the thread talking about being pro black? Kind of makes it seem like you're full of crap, and also that you don't really disagree with me.

Believe me I understand wanting people to be American first and foremost. That's why I am a nationalist not a white nationalist. However, when group A is being pitted against group B for political reasons, and I am in group A, I would be remiss not to put the interests of group A first, especially when group B makes no bones about doing the same for themselves.

Last edited by Fifty Seven; 07-02-2019 at 06:42 PM..

Old 07-02-2019, 06:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
In other words, you'll go wherever the handouts are. It's notthat you sold out, it's that you sold out for too low a price.
What do you care? You want me to have more? I’ll send you my address.

Nevermind. If what I’m already getting isn’t sufficient, I’ll come and pat your pockets and take what I need.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:22 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
I'm arguing that waiting for that "trust" moment is a strategic mistake as it may never come. One real strength of the community as a whole are the votes that it represents. Maybe it's time to realize that the Dems either honestly don't care, are completely incompetent, or have a vested interest in seeing that the black condition doesn't approve in any meaningful way and adopt a different strategy. I do get that it's a tough thing to sell, but it is something that can be done as a community, many/most other solutions involve being dependent on "outsiders", and therein lies the problem.
Well, with the obsession over who Blacks vote for, you should understand the Republican Party bears some responsibility. I never once said that the Democratic Party was a great party. I said that the Republican Party, as a whole, has not given Blacks much of a reason to vote for them. Acknowledging that the Democratic Party hasn't done very good lately isn't going to make Black Americans want to vote Republican.

My point is this. Why build a bridge with someone who burned down the original bridge a long time ago? That is how I look at it. If the right kind of Republican runs for President (John Kasich, Mike Huckabee, Bob Dole), then maybe more African-Americans will get behind said candidate. However, when you have those such as Trent Lott, George Allen, Jesse Helms, Frank Artiles, Tom Worthan, Brian Kemp, this has a big impression. Among those persons are people who were ardent supporters of Jim Crow, some who made some very racist comments about Blacks, and a governor who tried several tactics of voter supression (which included voter purging and neglect with voting machines, even Governor Kemp had trouble voting). This has a bad impression. Reagan's welfare queen and states rights speech isn't something alot of Black Americans will forget. Dog whistle stuff.

As inept and messed up as many Democrats have been lately, there isn't much alot of Republicans have shown to make Black Americans want to vote Republican. If anything, it seems like Republicans as a whole tend to care even less for Blacks. And considering the last 40 years, if Republicans want the Black vote, they have the start the bridge building process.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The best thing you can do is to be independent. The problem with the black American and the black American vote is your black dollars. In order to push an agenda. And agenda can not be pushed alone by free votes. It also has to be pushed via wallets and purses. This is where the black vote in America has failed regardless of party affiliation. The vote and the all mighty dollar goes hand in hand brother.
How is money is a part of this??

Old 07-02-2019, 06:24 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
I worked on a production line , actually several in one company.
the racism I observed was different ethnic individuals preferring those of their own .these were not white they were every other race that has moved into this country. Among 15-20 people on a line 3-4 were white.
I once was the target of a racial set up ,but being white there was nothing I could do about it.
I didn't make a fuss or tattle to any one I simply let it go and did my work the best I could and let that speak for it's self.
Seems to me that the race issue in some cases has more to do with choosing to demand respect rather than to earn it.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:38 PM

3,080 posts, read 3,265,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
As inept and messed up as many Democrats have been lately, there isn't much alot of Republicans have shown to make Black Americans want to vote Republican. If anything, it seems like Republicans as a whole tend to care even less for Blacks. And considering the last 40 years, if Republicans want the Black vote, they have the start the bridge building process.
I get where you're coming from and I guess I'm doing a poor job of expressing my point, but I'll try once more. The theory is, what if the black community said "we don't care who's running, we are going to make a statement to the Democrats that says we won't be your 'free votes' any more so you can't whisper 'sweet nothings' in our ears during the election and yet deliver only nothings post election. If that means voting Republican, so be it.". Again, perhaps not realistic, but IMHO it would have long term benefits that far eclipse reparations, pandering laws, and token attempts at social engineering.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
I get where you're coming from and I guess I'm doing a poor job of expressing my point, but I'll try once more. The theory is, what if the black community said "we don't care who's running, we are going to make a statement to the Democrats that says we won't be your 'free votes' any more so you can't whisper 'sweet nothings' in our ears during the election and yet deliver only nothings post election. If that means voting Republican, so be it.". Again, perhaps not realistic, but IMHO it would have long term benefits that far eclipse reparations, pandering laws, and token attempts at social engineering.
If Blacks are going to send that message to Democrats, they should seek out a 3rd party instead of the Republican Party. I'm saying that many Blacks feel unwanted by the Republican Party, unless that GOP member is the right kind of Republican. And this feeling unwanted goes back over 40-50 years. It was in response to someone who felt concerned about the Democrats ignoring Anti-Semitism.

And what is your definition of "pandering laws" and "social engineering"?

Something else. You ignored the rest of my post.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:16 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
“There are times that I believe that we, as African-Americans, can be hypocritical, and that is to not look ourselves in the mirror when we are saying certain things and blaming other groups for one thing when we are doing the exact same thing.”

good read. And I don't believe the myth that black people can't be racist.

https://blackamericaweb.com/2017/02/...-black-people/
So the biggest problem with racism today in America is black people being racists? Um, yeah, okay. When did this discussion board become 90% hard right wing freak shows?

Old 07-02-2019, 09:16 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Humans naturally feel closer to people who most closely resemble themselves...............very similar to
elephants caring much more about their fellow elephants, as opposed to rhinos. This fact will never change.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:32 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
More of that bogus free stuff argument, huh? Yeah, voters of all kinds get hoodwinked into voting for free stuff.
The only thing bogus is you thinking otherwise. Anyone who cares about the truth fully understands how Hoover and FDR got the poor vote with handouts in the 1930s. Blacks looked at Republicans as the ones who saved them from slavery and only went to the party of the klan for handouts.

Quote:
Like Mexico is gonna pay for that wall!
Just like when Obama said, he'd bring he troops home you can take that too the bank and the bots didn't care when he went back on his word.

Quote:
Why don't conservatives ever ask why Jewish Americans vote overwhelmingly for Democrats? Such a singular focus on black voters...hmmm I wonder why.
Jews 54% democrat 16% repub. So slightly more than 3 to 1. If one is being honest that doesn't compare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies