Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 11:18 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,158 times

Advertisements

Only 22% of Commie Democrats are extremely proud, down 10 points in one year—-No
surprise!

Quote:
Democrats continue to lag far behind Republicans in expressing extreme pride in the U.S.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/259841/...al-system.aspx

Old 07-02-2019, 11:26 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
"The latest overall declines in patriotism are largely driven by Democrats, whose self-reported pride has historically been lower and has fluctuated more than Republicans'. Democrats' latest 22% extreme pride reading is the group's lowest in Gallup's 19 years of measurement, and is half of what it was several months before Donald Trump's 2016 election victory."

not hard to believe. the hard left was already far from patriotic, and trump's election made them even less so.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:56 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Only 22% of Commie Democrats are extremely proud, down 10 points in one year—-No
surprise!

https://news.gallup.com/poll/259841/...al-system.aspx
Commie Democrats?

Excuse me, but it's the republicans who have cuddled up to commie dictators like Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin. You guys start countless threads about how dogs love Putin so he must be a great guy and how fortunate we are to have a new "friend" in N. Korea.

The hypocrisy is over-whelming around here.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:32 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,158 times
Quote:
The hypocrisy is over-whelming around here.
What do you want him to do? Start a nuclear war? Would that make you happy?

Old 07-02-2019, 12:44 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,580,593 times
As we all know, LWLTs will provide whatever answer to whatever question that they think will make President Trump look bad.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:51 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Too many people today equate patriotism with obedience and compliance imo.

If people were truly being patriotic, law enforcement would dread July 4th!

Old 07-02-2019, 12:52 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
So e of them want to move to Canada, I’ll let them.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:52 PM

24,489 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Democrats in general have not felt pride with America for years. It sort of started when Obama took his apology tour and it has been hammered home by the dividing politics of the Left. They tell us that MAGA is only for White Rich People and if you are in a minority group you are a victim. MAGA is for every American but the Left likes to make excuses and jam everyone into boxes with their identity politics. It is really pitiful.

Personally I am very proud of America. This morning I attended a memorial for a friend who was a former firefighter and it was amazing to drive into the church parking lot and under a giant American flag that had been hoisted up by a ladder truck with a guy nearby playing the bag pipes. The outpouring of love and admiration by the community for my friend was very moving and it made us all feel very fortunate to have known him and to live in a land such as America that has made it all possible.

What I don't understand is that the Dems in general tell us how miserable, corrupt and racist America is but when hundreds of thousands of people show up at the border demanding entry the Dems are opening the door widely for them with outstretched arms bearing gifts and freebies?

Is there anything that would make the Dems happy?

Old 07-02-2019, 01:03 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
American Pride Hits New Low; Few Proud of Political System

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
45% are "extremely" proud, the second straight year of sub-50% readings
22% of Democrats are extremely proud, down 10 points in one year
Americans most proud of U.S. scientific success, military; least proud of politics

“The difference between patriotism and nationalism is that the patriot is proud of his country for what it does, and the nationalist is proud of his country no matter what it does; the first attitude creates a feeling of responsibility, but the second a feeling of blind arrogance that leads to war.”

Sydney J. Harris

Old 07-02-2019, 01:09 PM

1,074 posts, read 640,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Democrats in general have not felt pride with America for years. It sort of started when Obama took his apology tour and it has been hammered home by the dividing politics of the Left. They tell us that MAGA is only for White Rich People and if you are in a minority group you are a victim. MAGA is for every American but the Left likes to make excuses and jam everyone into boxes with their identity politics. It is really pitiful.

Personally I am very proud of America. This morning I attended a memorial for a friend who was a former firefighter and it was amazing to drive into the church parking lot and under a giant American flag that had been hoisted up by a ladder truck with a guy nearby playing the bag pipes. The outpouring of love and admiration by the community for my friend was very moving and it made us all feel very fortunate to have known him and to live in a land such as America that has made it all possible.

What I don't understand is that the Dems in general tell us how miserable, corrupt and racist America is but when hundreds of thousands of people show up at the border demanding entry the Dems are opening the door widely for them with outstretched arms bearing gifts and freebies?

Is there anything that would make the Dems happy?

Oh he!! yea, and thank you for asking. Here is my top 10:

- All federal buildings have solar panels, and other buildings and residences get 100% tax credit for them
- Monsanto (and other similar) completely dismantled and expunged
- There are no corporate backers nor big business lobbyists. None. At all. I would settle for a law making it a mandatory list - billboards, tshirts, webpages with list of donors and exactly how much
- immediately disband petroleum/ plastics/ anything that over-consumes and wastes water, etc- all things that will destroy the planet
- immediate change in who regulates the food industry- NOT the US Dept of agriculture!!
- health insurance for all such as in Nordic countries. Would settle for both private and public system
- Popular vote wins the election. Period. I'd settle for the ranking system of voting
- All vehicles are either electric, or at least hybrid with eco fuel
- Completely dismantle drug companies and hold them accountable. Would settle (as in health insurance) for some combination of public and private

Now a question for you: What is the detailed definition of MAGA? The one that is in my head is not pretty, and I am hoping and praying that I am just wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies