Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 10:03 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
That rebuke was well deserved. Lindsay Graham is a despicable human being in any number of ways, but there are lines you don't cross.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 10:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Mock Graham for other things like being a warhawk, flip-flop on Trump or how he has said nothing about Trump's attack on his long-time friend Sen. McCain since Trump won the nomination. Graham is a sellout, but I HIGHLY doubt he is a closeted homosexual.
He is Sen. McCain's widow.

Old 07-19-2019, 10:46 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
I'm leaning more and more progressive everyday due to the blatant hypocrisy and hatred from the right, but this was just plain, stupid. Mock Graham for other things like being a warhawk, flip-flop on Trump or how he has said nothing about Trump's attack on his long-time friend Sen. McCain since Trump won the nomination. Graham is a sellout, but I HIGHLY doubt he is a closeted homosexual. This language just puts the LBGTQIA back a few years (just as calling heterosexuals breeders.)

Since you brought it up...You need to follow the news a little more. LG was very irritated (he said "*issed") at a number of things "jackass" Trump said, most notably the comment about McCain not being a war hero because he was captured, which LG said had "crossed the line."

LG realizes that this is campaign garbage. It's all part of the game. At the time of Trump's slight, Graham also said something interesting, given your "warhawk" comment: that Democrats were suddenly coming to his friend's defense after years of calling him a warmonger.

He was right on the mark, and even John McCain didn't see the irony--he was just used as a pawn in the left's fight against Trump.

Old 07-19-2019, 10:58 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
SJWs always eat their own. It's glorious to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
I was going to make this exact same post.

Eat their own in this context makes no sense.

I have no idea what your philosophical view on life is, but one of the key parts of being a good Ally, advocate, or gay friendly person is knowing full well it is wrong to stereotype, or telling people when and how to tell their own life story.

So "Outing" or trying to force people out is a big no no.

So in short, if you agree with that philosophy, wouldnt you want people who failed at following that rule to be called out on it ?

No different than a fiscally responsible Republican who gets caught taking kick backs, do you define it "eating their own" when other Republicans remove those people from office ?

Old 07-20-2019, 06:00 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Democrats say that's b/c they are inclusive !!!
Lindsey has to be gay if he wants to be or not or the democrats are being offended !!!
He may not be gay at all but has a physical medical condition !!!
A "physical medical condition"? Of course he does - his lips are surgically attached to Trump's rump.

Old 07-20-2019, 06:11 AM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Yeah because the religious right would never vote an open LBGTQIA Republican.
Republicans did as far back as the 90’s.

Old 07-20-2019, 06:54 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Shes basically adopting the trump tactic from the left. It's not a good look for anyone on either side of the isle but is the political operandi of the day.

Old 07-20-2019, 09:06 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
I'm leaning more and more progressive everyday due to the blatant hypocrisy and hatred from the right, but this was just plain, stupid. Mock Graham for other things like being a warhawk, flip-flop on Trump or how he has said nothing about Trump's attack on his long-time friend Sen. McCain since Trump won the nomination. Graham is a sellout, but I HIGHLY doubt he is a closeted homosexual. This language just puts the LBGTQIA back a few years (just as calling heterosexuals breeders.)
"]I'm leaning more and more progressive everyday due to the blatant hypocrisy and hatred from the right,"

You SHOULD LEARN more about the blatant hypocrisy and hatred from the LEFT!

Old 07-20-2019, 09:59 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think Cindy McCain would disagree with you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
SO you support people being hypocrites ?
I don't but it seems the right does. Half the people saying the word racist means nothing until they accuse black people of being racist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Republicans did as far back as the 90’s.
Who was that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Shes basically adopting the trump tactic from the left. It's not a good look for anyone on either side of the isle but is the political operandi of the day.
Yeah I don't like it especially for what is said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"]I'm leaning more and more progressive everyday due to the blatant hypocrisy and hatred from the right,"

You SHOULD LEARN more about the blatant hypocrisy and hatred from the LEFT!
You should look in the mirror at the blatant hypocrisy and hatred from the RIGHT too. I know there is hypocrisy on the left and I called it out on Lupone and don't like the Sharptons and Jacksons of the world as much as I don't like Trump.

Old 07-20-2019, 10:58 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Best post you've ever made on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies