Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 06:22 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
When will this movie come out?
It's going to be a fall blockbuster - coming to a theater near you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 06:45 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
So we shouldn't use insults like you do !!!
You are so much smarter the insults have to be reserved for you !!!
I'm only surprised you didn't claim its a constitutional right the framers bestowed on you in particular !!!

If you aren't willing to be the example of what you claim to know so much about, why would anyone take your hypocritical advice ? Doing so would prove them the idiot you want them to be no doubt !!!

I don't need your advice !!! I saw right off how worthless it was and is along with your opinion !!! Full of projection and false accusation so common on the left !!! I have been one of the ones who want the clown "squad" to keep talking !!! Have said so several times !!! They need to be heard and understood !!! They are the best advertisement the Trump supporter could possibly have !!! I just hope they can keep it up until election day !!! Its clear Pelosi is afraid of them !!! That women of color comment put her on notice !!! Oh well what can whitey do in that party but step aside !!!

Why is it you want to tell people what they should do with there life, when you can't do it ?
I decide what I should do !!! I'm the expert on my life not you !!! Are you getting the concise articulation that allows you to understand my position ?
I don't worry if the shoe fits !!! I known how to make it fit where ever I put it !!! If I had feet I'd probably be more restricted and need a certain size !!! Thankfully I don't have that problem and have had these blades a long time !!! I can move across a room like a ballet dancer and fit a shoe to someone else !!! I have been helpful like that before !!! One guy who saw it happen said I had magic shoes !!! Once I made the fit it was like magic and no one could see the shoe !!! It was a little big but it fit !!!

I always try to find something amusing and your use and need of "collective" amuses me !!! People in the collective don't usually do that !!! Very amusing, must be my fragility coming out !!!
What you quoted (and bolded) of mine is not insults. it's labelling behavior. Insults would be things like calling people nasty, crazy, disgusting, or making up lies about them.

I'm not going to say I've never resorted to insults. I wish I could say that, and I strive to be that person, but nobody's perfect. I stand 100% behind my post, and I also stand firm that labelling another's behavior is not an insult. It might be an opinion, but not an insult.

And I don't think I told people what to do. in fact, if I told them anything, I said to be proud of your beliefs (even if I disagree, because what I think really shouldn't matter much). But for goodness sake, back it up.

I know we'll never agree. I know you probably think of me what I think of you. It's all good, I don't lose sleep over it. I actually enjoy debating and engaging with people of opposite view of me. Often, that's hard-left libs, who I'll also call out just the same. I don't find you to be flexible or open minded (again, and opinion), so all I can really do is label stuff when I feel the need.

Hope you have a great night PHMA. I really wish EVERYONE would challenge their own beliefs. Doesn't have to be publicly. It's just a good practice. For you, for me, for everyone.

Until another time....

Old 07-22-2019, 07:09 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes Trump's success in the election prompted many vocal people to run.

The thing is -- she won!!!! OMG......

LOL She didn't "win" anything. She ran unopposed--not uncommon in districts such as hers, where Republicans don't stand a chance, and the local Republican Committee figures they might as well save money by not running a candidate.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:54 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
What you quoted (and bolded) of mine is not insults. it's labelling behavior. Insults would be things like calling people nasty, crazy, disgusting, or making up lies about them.

I'm not going to say I've never resorted to insults. I wish I could say that, and I strive to be that person, but nobody's perfect. I stand 100% behind my post, and I also stand firm that labelling another's behavior is not an insult. It might be an opinion, but not an insult.

And I don't think I told people what to do. in fact, if I told them anything, I said to be proud of your beliefs (even if I disagree, because what I think really shouldn't matter much). But for goodness sake, back it up.

I know we'll never agree. I know you probably think of me what I think of you. It's all good, I don't lose sleep over it. I actually enjoy debating and engaging with people of opposite view of me. Often, that's hard-left libs, who I'll also call out just the same. I don't find you to be flexible or open minded (again, and opinion), so all I can really do is label stuff when I feel the need.

Hope you have a great night PHMA. I really wish EVERYONE would challenge their own beliefs. Doesn't have to be publicly. It's just a good practice. For you, for me, for everyone.

Until another time....
First off its the reader who decides the meaning of the words not the author !!!

You may rely on some technicality for TOS protection but its the reader who decides the meaning !!!

Personality insults don't bother me !!! It bothers the mods and many others I'm sure !!!

You will notice I didn't try to insult you at all, nor did I result to the use of "collective" as a cover to comply with TOS !!!

Telling anyone what they should do is telling them what to do IMO, but I get it !!! People have to dance around parsing words and meanings to maintain some civility when a good old ******* gets right to the meaning and understanding !!!

No we won't agree on much !!! We don't have the same values !!!
I was a democrat when I first came on this site !!!
But I'm taking a hard line now b/c I think its necessary !!! I won't give an inch !!! I think this country needs a hard right turn and that's my position !!!

I don't take anything here personal and find it mostly amusing !!! Every day or night is a great one for me !!! You have the same !!!

Old 07-22-2019, 07:59 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Video of SJW Rashida Tlaib being hauled out of Trump event before she was elected to congress to be the voice of hate

Did you know ? What a surprise !!!

There has been an ongoing lie that the candidates in the 2018 election didn't run on impeachment !!!

SJW Rashida Tlaib is proof that is a lie that's been heard over and over !!! Record corrected !!!

Video surfaces of shouting Rashida Tlaib being dragged out of Trump event

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vid...16-trump-event
I just saw the video on TV and the video is going viral. Rightfully so! The so called “squad†is the “squad of hate and fakeâ€...with just one goal.

Unfortunately they are not the brightest and fortunately they are not the brightest!

Old 07-22-2019, 08:04 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
who on ABC News referenced "My Muslim Faith."
who told an Islamic dinner "I am one of you."
who wrote that, in the event of a conflict "I will stand with the Muslims."
who bowed in submission before the Saudi King.
who traveled the Islamic world denigrating the United States of America.
who refused to condemn the Ft. Hood killer as an Islamic terrorist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
God, but you people just aren't very bright, are you?

There it is, folks... B.O. IS God.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:04 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
This seems to be a common thing.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:07 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes Trump's success in the election prompted many vocal people to run.

The thing is -- she won!!!! OMG......
Yes, OMG what did she win ?

The right to be challenged and criticized and told where to go IMO and it's not a country I have in mind !!!

Old 07-22-2019, 08:11 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Voice of hate? That's pretty much Trump every time he opens his mouth. Unless you're a white male of course

Old 07-22-2019, 08:14 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Voice of hate? That's pretty much Trump every time he opens his mouth. Unless you're a white male of course
Gotta love the water-carriers. Hope your back holds out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies