Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2019, 01:19 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
not in compliance without the laws you just posted
OK, I'm going to break it down for you, since you seem to be struggling. State and local LEOs have no obligation to enforce Federal law. There would be no crime to arrest a Governor for. That's the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 01:27 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
OK, I'm going to break it down for you, since you seem to be struggling. State and local LEOs have no obligation to enforce Federal law. There would be no crime to arrest a Governor for. That's the point.
Correct - if that were the case, they could arrest 100's of thousands in a couple weeks here outside the pot dispensaries.

Yet I don't see those "Big Government" types calling for the Feds to send DEA agents to do so. Why? We are Flaunting Fed. Law big time here in MA.

Old 07-24-2019, 01:31 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Hey, since Rightists seem happy with the 35 taken in on the ICE raid, I have a great proposition. We will take in 35 a WEEK........wow, that's about 1800 a year.

That should make them jump for joy since the 35 hopped them up so.

Old 07-24-2019, 01:36 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hey, since Rightists seem happy with the 35 taken in on the ICE raid, I have a great proposition. We will take in 35 a WEEK........wow, that's about 1800 a year.

That should make them jump for joy since the 35 hopped them up so.
yet, leftists think we should parole 500,000 migrants seeking "asylum" at the southern border into the interior of US

leftists: we should abolish "concentration camps" and allow 500,000 migrants seeking asylum to enter our country waiting for their court date

DHS: that's fine. can we send ICE go after those migrants who fail to show up to their court date or receive denial for their asylum?

leftists: no, that would be inhumane. Think of the children!! We will protest and firebomb your detention facility if you do such thing

Old 07-24-2019, 02:14 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
yet, leftists think we should parole 500,000 migrants seeking "asylum" at the southern border into the interior of US

leftists: we should abolish "concentration camps" and allow 500,000 migrants seeking asylum to enter our country waiting for their court date

DHS: that's fine. can we send ICE go after those migrants who fail to show up to their court date or receive denial for their asylum?

leftists: no, that would be inhumane. Think of the children!! We will protest and firebomb your detention facility if you do such thing
Sounds like more right wing myth. Our BP agent is full of them..

But go ahead provide some rational source that leftist are supporting the introduction of 500,000 central americans.

And let us see the source that the left is opposed to running down those who duck the court.

The only ones who fire bomb anything are nuts.

Are you prepared to accept that all right wingers get in their cars and run down left leaning women?

Old 07-24-2019, 06:49 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
not in compliance without the laws you just posted
Being a Federal LEO yourself, I have to say that your apparent eagerness to jail someone who hasn't actually broken any laws is...... disconcerting.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:54 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Nobody has asked local LEO to enforce federal laws. What is being asked is cooperation between agencies, as it happens every day with every other local and fed agency. What Democrats have done is made laws that make it illegal for local LE to cooperate with CBP/ICE, this is very intentional, to protect illegals. A local LEO should be able to contact ICE if they suspect someone that they are already interacting with, of being in the country illegally. Just as they would contact any other fed agency if they suspected relevant crimes. Local and fed agencies regularly work on task forces together. Imagine if states made laws that prevented local agencies from working with FBI, DEA, ATF, IRS, USSS, USMS, TSA, etc.

Purely asinine.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:33 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
yeah right.

let's cut all the bull****. you really don't have any "plan" to enforce immigration law and our border. Your only plan is to do nothing.

Actually, his plan is to legalize most illegal aliens that way we can't call them illegal aliens anymore and then the illegal alien population magically disappears by changing what we call them.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:55 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually, his plan is to legalize most illegal aliens that way we can't call them illegal aliens anymore and then the illegal alien population magically disappears by changing what we call them.
Well a first. I and OG agree.

Yes I absolutely do move to legalize most of the illegal aliens.

That does not mean I like it. I just recognize it is inevitable.

And I also agree they disappear. And that is the desired state.

Let me try it this way. If you pour a thousand gallons of good scotch into a Great Lake and then decide I did not want that to happen the Scotch is still gone.

And no amount of claiming I did not mean it or I was unaware will ever get the Scotch back.

and that is our problem. We allowed a group to enter and embed themselves in our society. They have become part of it and are no longer removable.

And what ewer need to do is fix the problem as best we can and try and set it up so it does not continue to happen.

And by the way I fully agree we could screw it up again. But I hope and trust we learned enough last time not to do it again. But we might.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:56 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Being a Federal LEO yourself, I have to say that your apparent eagerness to jail someone who hasn't actually broken any laws is...... disconcerting.
First time I heard an open border leftist like yourself mentions the "rule of law". I am shocked

Does that mean I can go out and enforce the law enacted by Congress without being called a Nazis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies