Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 04:01 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Here's the thing...as President of the USA Trump's job is to prove the critics wrong -- not to just personally attack them.

Trump's outbursts do NOTHING to solve the problems.

It creates a divisive culture but it presents nothing forward to problem solution.

I can't figure out how folks think that is a win for this country.

That's what is destroying the heart of this country.

It's miserable.

Being President sucks. People attack your policies constantly. All you can do is push forward, present intelligent, cohesive arguments why your policies will move the country forward.

Personally insulting someone does nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

And when you continue to pick on people of color -- by coincidence or not -- the optics are bad....very very bad.

Trump has not presented a well thought out policy tweet defending his policies over any of the candidates running for the Democrat nominee.

Instead he's reacting childishly to criticism of other people in Congress.

Somebody hurt his feelings again.

Tough -- suck it up buttercup and do the job or get out.

Old 07-27-2019, 04:01 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Nothing. What has he done to work with ANY mayor or governor ? His total involvement in these issues is to blame everyone else.

Why doesn't he clean up Washington, DC?
Or NYC, his hometown, which also has lots of rats?

Old 07-27-2019, 04:02 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,260 times
Most of the "Left" these days cares about illegal immigrants more than legal citizens.

Old 07-27-2019, 04:07 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
https://www.baltimoresun.com/politic...5zi-story.html This is great. Trump knows how to hit people where it hurts. He points things out that other politicians would be too scared to say anything. He is 100% right in his assessment.

Donald Trump told John Lewis the same thing, when John Lewis said "Donald Trump isn't a legitimate President." So, what's new for Agent Orange?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/john-...b0b3c7a7b1c2a9

Old 07-27-2019, 04:07 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Almost 30 years in the house, and a lot of his district is constantly getting worse. He's always worried about non citizens, and fights for borders of middle eastern countries. How is this beneficial for his constituents?

Baltimore health department reports 22 food serving establishments have been shut down due to rats and rodents in 2019 alone. Cummings worried about air conditioned detention centers?

Elijah Cummings has been milking an incident he was peripherally involved in for 40 years..........and like most pols, he’s banked millions representing a district of grinding poverty, violence and drugs, and he’s done little or nothing but line his pockets.
Democrats are a disgrace. They want to bring their wonderful view of paradise like Detroit or Baltimore to the rest of country.

Old 07-27-2019, 04:10 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
And the fools in Baltimore keep voting him back in. They get what they deserve.

Old 07-27-2019, 04:13 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Baltimore resident here. Trump is right, as usual. Cummings is a real slug.
How does an unimpressive low-I.Q. fool like that get into Congress? He can't even speak proper English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Here's the thing...as President of the USA Trump's job is to prove the critics wrong -- not to just personally attack them.

Trump's outbursts do NOTHING to solve the problems.

It creates a divisive culture but it presents nothing forward to problem solution.

I can't figure out how folks think that is a win for this country.

That's what is destroying the heart of this country.

It's miserable.

Being President sucks. People attack your policies constantly. All you can do is push forward, present intelligent, cohesive arguments why your policies will move the country forward.

Personally insulting someone does nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

And when you continue to pick on people of color -- by coincidence or not -- the optics are bad....very very bad.

Trump has not presented a well thought out policy tweet defending his policies over any of the candidates running for the Democrat nominee.

Instead he's reacting childishly to criticism of other people in Congress.

Somebody hurt his feelings again.

Tough -- suck it up buttercup and do the job or get out.

The democrats are the party of hatred ("all white men are bad"). The party of collective guilt ("all whites owe everyone that doesn't look like them").

The democratic party deserves every bit of scorn that Trump tosses their way.

Old 07-27-2019, 04:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Everyone needs to clean up their own house. Trump included.

Big deal.

Old 07-27-2019, 04:23 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
How does an unimpressive low-I.Q. fool like that get into Congress? He can't even speak proper English.

The democrats are the party of hatred ("all white men are bad"). The party of collective guilt ("all whites owe everyone that doesn't look like them").

The democratic party deserves every bit of scorn that Trump tosses their way.
Oh, I would suggest not going the route of trying to accuse someone of not speaking proper English and so on when defending Trump. After all, he's the one who says stuff like this:

Quote:
“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”
Wouldn't this fall more on people like Baltimore's mayor, anyway? Or Trump should be cleaning up DC or NYC himself.

Old 07-27-2019, 04:26 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Everyone needs to clean up their own house. Trump included.

Big deal.

Mission Impossible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies