Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 10:47 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpaid poster View Post
Sounds like a great plan. Now every person who speaks against the president should be label antifa

Coming up: special detention centers for antifa. Maybe we can finally get those infrastructure projects he promised during the last presidential campaign. Hopefully it will get done before the next election so he can continue winning.

So bashing someone in the head with a bike lock on a chain is now "speaking against the President"?

Good to know that you have such a broad definition of free speech.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:47 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Bravo.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:52 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Every “member” operates individually. They don’t tell each other what to do. There might be a few members that know each other. Maybe have their own agenda.

There’s basically no rules. So one can show up to just have picket signs, others show up to cause mayhem.

So?

You think it's going to stay that way?

They still "organize" their "protests" on social media.

Terrorists often have no defined leaders, operate independently etc.

That doesn't make them not terrorists.

In fact, it's part of the definition of a terrorist group.

If they were actually organized and acting under orders of a leader, they'd be an army of sorts

Old 07-29-2019, 10:55 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So bashing someone in the head with a bike lock on a chain is now "speaking against the President"?

Good to know that you have such a broad definition of free speech.
As stated above, antifa is the overall label for someone with a mindset of speaking out against fascism.

Say you got two people, both are against the president or policy. These two do no know each other. One comes just to picket, the other comes to cause trouble, both disagree on their methods. So one group of people labeling themselves as antifa might hate how another group operates.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
So?

You think it's going to stay that way?

They still "organize" their "protests" on social media.

Terrorists often have no defined leaders, operate independently etc.

That doesn't make them not terrorists.

In fact, it's part of the definition of a terrorist group.

If they were actually organized and acting under orders of a leader, they'd be an army of sorts
Let me ask you something, say a president ordered a search of everyone’s house for weapons or drugs etc. would you allow it?

Old 07-29-2019, 11:16 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
There are different levels and types of "organization".

But you already knew that.

Go ahead, do what you really want to do:

Defend them.

Attempt to justify their use of violence and intimidation.

...........You know you want to.

So what "level of organization" are they? Educate me, since I'm so stupid and all.

And no, I'm not defending an organization that doesn't even exist. Anyone can put on a black mask and break windows, and you can shoot them for all I care. I condemn violence and intimidation coming from either side.

And that's why I condemn Trump. This little game he's playing about labeling Antifa as a terrorist organization is a sham, because there is no organization there. Or if there is, I certainly haven't seen any proof of it, certainly not by you. This is simply another excuse for this miserable excuse of a leader of ours to polarize the USA and instill hate.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:24 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
The idiots on the Far right are so worried about ANTIFA....has ANTIFA ever killed anybody?

Meanwhile, breaking news from the mass shooting in California yesterday that killed 3 people: The shooter's Instagram referenced a White Supremacist book moments before he began shooting people:

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/statu...86145185751043

Old 07-29-2019, 11:25 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Is Antifa even a like a central organization? Isn't it like anonymous. It could be you/me/your neighbor, might be these people today, might me these people tomorrow. There's no leader, or HQ. It's just a mindset.
They are obviously on some email list so they all show up at the same time in the same place, wearing black. Unless you think that is just a coincidence?

MS-13 and Muslim Brotherhood should be classified as terrorists.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
They are obviously on some email list so they all show up at the same time in the same place, wearing black. Unless you think that is just a coincidence?

MS-13 and Muslim Brotherhood should be classified as terrorists.
Those guys are an organization with the purpose of money and power.

Email list? What is this? 1998?

Just hashtag on twitter and people who want to come down will do so. And not even hashtag antifa, just spread the news that there is a bunch of Nazis organzing at this location and thats all that needs to be said to bring in antifa types.

Its like me saying on twitter that there is a star wars party at this city park #starwarsfans and anyone into star wars would show up. And I may only know two or 3 of them.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:33 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Is Antifa even a like a central organization? Isn't it like anonymous. It could be you/me/your neighbor, might be these people today, might me these people tomorrow. There's no leader, or HQ. It's just a mindset.
That's my understanding too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies