Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2019, 11:36 PM

29,517 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

How stupid is that, the fool couldn't even differentiate police from paramedics, not that it's acceptable either way.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mc-d...215233834.html

Quote:
A McDonald’s employee was terminated for refusing to serve two paramedics while mistaking them for police officers.

This week, Anthony Quinn of Sunstar Paramedics wrote on Facebook that he had walked into the McDonald’s at Madeira Beach in Florida to use the restroom but was denied by the employee.

According to a screenshot from ABC Action News, Quinn’s post read, “...An employee goes, ‘We don’t accept officers in here. I tell her I’m not an officer. She then says, ‘anyone with a badge,’ then says it to my partner as he walks in to order food, says, ‘We don’t serve your kind here.’ Just insane how people are.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 11:43 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
I'm surprised that the manager didn't get fired too.... It is his/her responsibility to take care of issues like this and this unfortunate event reflected on the branding and got noticed/acted on by the highest levels of management.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:00 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
This is a shining example of the insanity which is our society today. Glorify those who would do you harm, while vilifying those who are there to help you. Turn on the news any day, and you are sure to find some story aimed at making those who are there to protect and serve us the enemy. Couple this daily bombardment with the fact that a large portion of the populace is severely undereducated and depend solely on things like social media to tell them how to think/act, and you have the perfect formula to create a bunch of ridiculous/dangerous social activists.

But, luckily, we can all be relatively sure of one thing. If the paramedics are ever needed at that McDonald's, they will arrive promptly and do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Because that's what they do, regardless of the prejudices held against them by people such as these fast food employees. Perhaps, in the future, these people will learn to simply do their jobs, and make these men and women a cheeseburger, so they can get on back out there and help save a few more lives.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:16 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Insane. Sunstar paramedics drive ambulances. The guy should have pointed outside and said "what does that look like?".

Old 08-03-2019, 12:26 AM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,698 times
Zorba the Greek is one of my favorite flicks. He has a seat at my table anytime he wants..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies