Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 07:09 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,191,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
That’s the whole idea.
You don’t “afford” them. The government and tax payer does.

The babies, till they turn 18, are trophies for these women to get a healthy welfare check every moth and free living in section 8 buildings.

These particular women don’t give a flying flock as to how their children are raised, and whether schooling, good morals, good upbringing even exist? As long as the monthly welfare check is received and housing expense is paid by the tax payer, it’s all good.

Reward the lazy n crook, and punish the hard working tax payer. That’s the name of the game.

And this game has resulted and will continue to result in millions of kids who are brought up in crime ridden environments. This is the only way of life they know. Crime and drugs.
Here we go again with "the women." If only the men would abstain, no child would be born. Either take the irresponsible men out of their game or expect no change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 07:12 AM

36,769 posts, read 31,056,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
^^ you just did. The tax system in your opinion, gives you the right to tell other people when they can and can not procreate ... They have to ask your permission.
Thats rich. You point your finger at me because I said citizens should have the right to an opinion and influence on how the government spends tax revenue. And you are telling me what my opinion is? Seems to me you are the one who feels they have a right to others autonomy.

I'll say again, although you are not listening, I did not say nor is it my opinion that myself, you or the government has the right to tell other people when they can and can not procreate. My opinion is that we the people should have the right to have our voices heard by our representatives when it comes to how they vote to spend our tax dollars. If we the people disagree or feel there needs to be an amendment we should be heard. Its called lobbying.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:16 AM

20,224 posts, read 9,137,135 times
so many slutty women today, men realize so many women don't have any respect for themselves, grab and go.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:17 AM

33,335 posts, read 12,645,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Last I checked, nobody was trying to outlaw birth control. There is plenty of stuff you can buy at the local drugstore, and double up on protection - something for him and something for her - just to be extra safe. It's not exactly rocket science.
I think CD member censusdata means birth control that doesn't cost the end user anything monetarily but, if that is what he/she is trying to convey, he/she has a somewhat obtuse way of expressing that.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:19 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,191,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
so many slutty women today, men realize so many women don't have any respect for themselves, grab and go.
Then there is a problem with the men's way of thinking. Many have said they don't even need women. So they should go for it. No need for women, no need for grab and go.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:21 AM

9,389 posts, read 7,025,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Every “slutty” woman is being coupled with the same level of “slutty” man. Having a sexual relationship takes two and each party has equal accountability in said actions.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:26 AM

89,348 posts, read 45,091,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Why can't 'race realist' conservatives see the need for birth control and family planning through govt agencies like Planned Parenthood? Do they enjoy complaining about poor women having far more births than educated women while proposing no solution?
It's absurdly easy to get Title X family planning services, devices, and meds. They just have to actually make the effort to get it.

172 page directory of Title X Family Planning Clinics:
Title X Family Planning Directory - HHS.gov

Only 455 Planned Parenthood facilities, nationwide. All of the thousands of the rest are either public or private clinics.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:34 AM

89,348 posts, read 45,091,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

Yes, looked at it the other night:
Total fertility rate in the United States in 2017, by ethnicity of mother (births per 1,000 women)

"Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander women had the highest fertility rate of any ethnicity in the United States in 2017, with about 2,085.5 births per 1,000 women. The fertility rate for all ethnicities in the U.S. was 1,765.5 births per 1,000 women."
That's not out of wedlock births, the issue you yourself indicated was contributing so much to Medicaid having to pay for 50% of US births.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:35 AM

63,156 posts, read 29,329,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Here we go again with "the women." If only the men would abstain, no child would be born. Either take the irresponsible men out of their game or expect no change.
How many times are you going to repeat this when I have said since it is the woman that gets pregnant it should be her that should abstain, use born control or make sure her sexual partner does. No one is taking the responsibility off the man altogether but he isn't the one that can get pregnant.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:11 AM

36,769 posts, read 31,056,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I guess it depends on how poor. My dad, my he RIP, was born during the Depression to poor LEGAL immigrant parents WHO NEVER TOOK A DIME OF RELIEF. But he never went hungry. And he grew up to earn an advanced degree and live an upper-middle class lifestyle. I'm glad he was "put in the place" of a poor child.

The issue, which I believe we both agree on, is whether poor people should expect, or are entitled, to have other people support their children, and on the same level as working-class parents earning their own. EverythingI have suggested to bring down the costs has been poo-poohed here:

I said that welfare-dependent single mothers with one or two young children should be "doubled up" in 3-bedroom apartments, even if it means three kids have to share a bedroom. (When I grew up in, that wasn't uncommon.) All sorts of excuses came out from liberals.....what if the mothers don't get along, it's not fair to put three kids in a bedroom, and so forth.

I also suggested having food vouchers redeemable for only fresh meat, veggies, fruits, milk, eggs, and bread. Again the liberals attacked, saying Inhad no right to decide what other people could eat....and how would I like it if people restricted what *I* ate? (Never mind that I am paying for my own food.)

Sorry, but people who live off of other people's money are not ENTITLED to live as working-class people who support themselves.
I agree.
My parents grew up in rural, TN in the 30's. Their families grew/raised their own food and found whatever work they could, their houses weren't fancy, they had outdoor plumbing, got one pair of shoes a year, wore homemade clothes, slept 3 or more to a bed, but they didn't go hungry, they grew up happy and normal and loved and all went on to be working contributing members of society with children who grew up to be working contributing members of society. Which was pretty much how everyone lived then. They never had to ask for assistance although there were some families not so lucky. But those people did not expect or feel entitled to anything.

I find it amusing how some people flip out at the suggestion that kids share a room, or families share a house, or God forbid they dont all have cell phones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies