Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2019, 05:50 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,735,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Of course they won't answer. One even told me that I was creating "a straw man" for asking such questions

Questions like that make them squirm. That's why they don't answer.
"Of course they won't answer"

A I said earlier, it HAS been answered on MOST of the dozens of threads and hundreds of posts on the sibject.

We know you have read them because yall' responded to them.

Making new threads on that same issue over and over is not going to change anything.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:00 AM

8,046 posts, read 9,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Wow. Haven't hit that King James lately, have you. I'm admittedly a nominal Christian, I have questions. I attended Christian schools, read the entire King James New Testament for a Bible as Literature class in college. Genesis 4:9 (Cain and Abel). Leviticus 19:33-34 regarding foreigners among you. Now, I'm not big on Leviticus, loads and loads of rules specifically for the Orthodox Jewish among us, but some persnickety Christians like to use them for a go to when they don't like that something isn't acknowledged in the New Testament. They tend to ignore most of the rules, however. We like our shellfish and we mix fibers. I think Jesus said it best in Matthew, questioned by a lawyer. First commandment was to love the Lord. Second was to love your neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. So! Having said that, I do believe that Christians, if not totally responsible for every child in the world, we can only do so much, we should be much more open to at least TRYING.
If you follow this Christian theology, YOU PERSONALLY should give charitably to help the poor, not demand some third party entity ( in this case the government) perform the charitable action.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:08 AM

63,494 posts, read 29,523,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Wow. Haven't hit that King James lately, have you. I'm admittedly a nominal Christian, I have questions. I attended Christian schools, read the entire King James New Testament for a Bible as Literature class in college. Genesis 4:9 (Cain and Abel). Leviticus 19:33-34 regarding foreigners among you. Now, I'm not big on Leviticus, loads and loads of rules specifically for the Orthodox Jewish among us, but some persnickety Christians like to use them for a go to when they don't like that something isn't acknowledged in the New Testament. They tend to ignore most of the rules, however. We like our shellfish and we mix fibers. I think Jesus said it best in Matthew, questioned by a lawyer. First commandment was to love the Lord. Second was to love your neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. So! Having said that, I do believe that Christians, if not totally responsible for every child in the world, we can only do so much, we should be much more open to at least TRYING.
Loving your neighbor doesn't include foreign law breakers or having to take care of all of them. Since when aren't we trying to help others? We send billions out of our country to other countries to help their citizens because we can't care for them within our own borders. I think that Jesus would not look down on us for that. Sick of bleeding heart liberals using Jesus and the Bible to force the U.S. to take care of the whole world. We aren't the only country with Christians in it.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
TDS IS a serious sickness! Yu can UNwind now.
Yes it is and it has brought out the hypocricy and lies of the liberal left along with their silly, juvenile name calling such as spelling Trump, "tRump". These are adults? Bigotry has nothing to do with not wanting to or being able to care for the entire world's sick, poor, etc. within our own borders. Anyone who thinks we should is insane and is advocating for our country to commit national suicide for foreigners and especially those here illegally. WTH?

Old 09-01-2019, 06:29 AM

More lies by the liberal left and race card pulling, typical though.

Quote - "So first we're told to hate on Muslims. Bunch of terrorists".

"Then it's Mexicans. Bunch of rapists, drug dealers, and human traffickers".

"Now it's sick kids. Bunch of moochers".

Lie #1 - No one is telling anyone to hate peaceful Muslims it is the radical ones we object to.

Lie #2 - No one has called Mexicans here legally or in their own country a bunch of rapists, etc. Some of those here illegally certainly are though.

Lie #3 - It's the parents here illegally that are the moochers if they think we should give more than emergency care to their kids. Since when should we be responsible for the long term care of illegal aliens and their kids? They need to be sent back to their own countries for that kind of care.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:09 AM

31,846 posts, read 17,734,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And I loath people who claim to be Christian when it’s obvious they are not.
Me, too. Particularly judgemental people who want to shame others.

That's the work of Satan - not Christ.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:17 AM

10,796 posts, read 3,630,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Medical waiver requires the patients or a sponsor (usually the patient’s employer) footing the medical bill, not American tax payers. So yes, it does matter a lot on who’s footing the bills.

Ive granted a lot of medical waiver (technicality it’s medical parole, not waiver) to a lot of foreign crewman. The shipping company or airline have to be responsible (CBP Form I-510) for the medical bills before I issue out the medical parole.
You are conflating two issues. These people are in the country legally and are allowed to be in for 24 months. They have now been given 30 days notice. Who pays is a separate issue.

How can you support children losing life-saving medical help halfway through their treatment? How????

Old 09-01-2019, 11:39 AM

14,342 posts, read 4,689,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You are conflating two issues. These people are in the country legally and are allowed to be in for 24 months. They have now been given 30 days notice. Who pays is a separate issue.

How can you support children losing life-saving medical help halfway through their treatment? How????
Who pays for their medical treatment?

Old 09-01-2019, 11:47 AM

19,962 posts, read 12,250,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

Can you post a copy of a letter stating someone has to leave early if they are already on an extension? The letter I saw in the article said they will not be extending the time. It was someone who had recently petitioned for an extension.

Old 09-01-2019, 12:22 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,659,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Who pays for their medical treatment?
The deep-pocketed tycoons that pay almost no taxes now (thanks to Trump) should pick up a large portion of the tab for both, sick American kids, as well as foreign children who’s families came here legally to treat terminal illnesses, but these old greedy rich people apparently want to be buried with more money than they’ll use in their lifetime. I’m not rich but I donate what I can to various charities including ones that involve sick kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies