Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 12:37 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,893,683 times

Advertisements

Will leftist denounce and condemn the heckling the pledge of allegiance? Or will leftists stand on the side of traitors?

Old 08-29-2019, 12:44 PM

24,030 posts, read 15,133,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its this kind of bs attitude thats going to be responsible for your upcoming civil war. You talk about this supposed hate liberals have for America in a hate filled rant of your own against liberals. You should analyse where you picked up this hate for liberals as liberals are your fellow Americans who just have a different viewpoint of how to achieve happiness and for this you hate them?

Does the 1st Amendment entitle people to their own POV? Guess not according to some.

Having a different perspective, education or life experience counts for nothing. Some will vilify all who do not think exactly like they do as evil. IMO, that's scary.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:04 PM

30,108 posts, read 18,707,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why do you ask so many questions about things you present to be factual with NO evidence of that being so?
"No evidence"?

I am not your google. There are MANY, MANY examples of what I listed.

Every day in the national news, there is yet another example of liberals exhibiting anti-American sentiments, which are echoed by national dem politicians.

Don't act surprised, as nearly EVERY liberal on this site has expressed anti-American sentiments and routinely does so.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:11 PM

24,030 posts, read 15,133,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"No evidence"?

I am not your google. There are MANY, MANY examples of what I listed.

Every day in the national news, there is yet another example of liberals exhibiting anti-American sentiments, which are echoed by national dem politicians.

Don't act surprised, as nearly EVERY liberal on this site has expressed anti-American sentiments and routinely does so.
Do the post by anti American conservatives not show up on your screen? It's a 2 way street here on POC.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:12 PM

16,119 posts, read 10,794,956 times
She, a FORMER community college professor, decided to attend the business meeting to put on a show with her little flag. For what real purpose? Simply to incite other attendees and divert attention from the business at hand. (That's what right-wing crazies do.) She got called on it and was interrupted in her little "prepared remarks" so now she is suing. She didn't belong there in the first place if that was all she wanted to do -- as it seems. Her lawsuit is petty and trivial.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:15 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,272,828 times
Today’s Conservatives do love America, they just don’t care about its people.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:16 PM

30,108 posts, read 18,707,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The statements of most of your conservative colleagues on this board suggest wild extremism. Simply saying that they aren't does not erase the actions and statements of these posters.

Some liberals shouted down a woman reciting the Pledge and asking that the loyalty oath be reinstated, and she was still able to recite the Pledge in full, and make her statement. It took her 7 minutes instead of 4 minutes. Oh, the horror!

People burn American flags to exercise their free speech to protest an action of the government of the United States. People kneel for the national anthem to exercise their free speech to protest actions of the law enforcement agencies of the United States. If you believe in free speech, then you should support the exercise of free speech, even if you disagree with whatever the protester is espousing.

For instance, I live in the South. And at one time in my community the KKK got a permit to hold a parade and rally in town. Many people in the community were very upset. There was a petition to stop the parade and rally. Because I don't hide my liberalism, people approached me repeatedly about signing the petition. Which I refused to do. I was in support of a counter-rally, exercising my own free speech. But I don't believe that others' free speech should be obstructed, as long as they are acting within the law. But that is rooted in my profound belief and support of the Constitution of the United States of America.
Shouting down someone and trying to prevent them from speaking shows contempt for the first amendment. Shouting down someone asking for something as simple as the Pledge. which shows respect for the nation, is anti-American.

Why is it that liberals are always the ones committing fascist acts that are contrary to individual liberties? What are they so afraid of?

If your commie friend who was shouting down the "Pledge gal" wanted to talk, he should have waited his turn like a normal human. Instead, he chose to act like a fascist (liberal) and intimidate someone with a different point of view.

Liberals routinely use violence and intimidation, as they do not respect the individual rights of others.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:17 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,893,683 times
So leftists won't condemn and denounce the anti-American heckling of the pledge of allegiance? That's what I thought.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:20 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,923,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Will leftist denounce and condemn the heckling the pledge of allegiance? Or will leftists stand on the side of traitors?
They aren't traitors.

Americans are not required to recite an oath of loyalty. And they should not be.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:20 PM

19,861 posts, read 9,418,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Liberals do not hate free speech.

You're right. Liberals do not hate free speech -- as long as that speech agrees with their beliefs.

(Of course, I am talking only about some liberals.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies