Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2019, 09:29 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,069,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Incorrect, something like 99+% of the wall/fence ultimately approved in the amended legislation is standing today.

By May 2011, DHS reported completing 649 miles of fencing (99.5% of the 652 miles planned). The barrier was made up of 299 miles of vehicle barriers and 350 miles of pedestrian fence.
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ally-complete/

I've never called the wall racist, so I won't attempt to defend obvious partisan spin. We can both see that for what it is.
Assuming what you've posted were correct (which it isn't) why is building more fence wrong when we've already funded and built 99.5% of 652 miles of it already? What's the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 09:29 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,445,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Sure it does, no President has ever had to deal with this level of insanity from the opposing party while also lacking the support of a large number of his own party members. Trump has dealt with irrational democrats and many RINOs since before he took office and he's still accomplishing things that Previous Presidents never could get done.
We'll agree to disagree there.

So you're saying the DHS lied about the completed barriers from the 2006 Secure Fence Act? You got any data to back that up?

Old 09-04-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
So you're saying the DHS lied about the completed barriers from the 2006 Secure Fence Act? You got any data to back that up?
Quote:
Assuming what you've posted were correct (which it isn't) why is building more fence wrong when we've already funded and built 99.5% of 652 miles of it already? What's the difference?
I'll answer your questions when you answer mine. If we've already built 600+ miles of fence on our Southern border based on Democrat support in 2006 why shouldn't we build more? Did the 2006 fence have a different purpose other than stopping illegal immigrants from sneaking into our country?

Old 09-04-2019, 09:40 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,445,554 times
Quote:
I'll answer your questions when you answer mine. If we've already built 600+ miles of fence on our Southern border based on Democrat support in 2006 why shouldn't we build more? Did the 2006 fence have a different purpose other than stopping illegal immigrants from sneaking into our country?

If some is good, more is always better. Is that it? Pretty easily disproven.

Further, I didn't say more fencing/wall was bad. I said the barriers from the last piece legislation were complete, so it was irrelevant to talk about further.

There. Let's see the data that shows the DHS report was a lie, now. Thanks.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Whatever happened to those raids ---to deport 10 million people illegally here -- promised. Nothing done. I think I heard a single raid of a farm somewhere and all of those illegally here were released ---here's a thought....enforce the rules against hiring them to remove the incentive of coming here? Of course, Trump's resorts broke this rule, didn't they? He'd be a hypocrite to ask his DOJ to enforce the hiring and put CEOs/small company owners in jail or fining them bigly amounts of money.
The Trump administration has prosecuted 11 employers for hiring illegal immigrants so far in 2019, they're focusing on large employers with hundreds of illegals found during raids.

"Of the 11 people convicted during the 12-month period, only three served prison time despite Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s stated mission: “ICE’s worksite enforcement strategy focuses on the criminal prosecution of employers who knowingly hire illegal workers.â€"

Old 09-04-2019, 09:43 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,114,218 times
Fine and dandy until a Democrat President moves funds around to finance a pet project that conservatives don't support...then the whole using 'other' money thing will be 'UNCONSTITUTIONAL".

Dangerous precedent that may come back to bite conservatives

Old 09-04-2019, 09:43 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,748,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
A president focused on achieving a campaign promise. Despite the many, many obstacles, he remains focused.

Actually working to achieve a campaign promise. How novel?
Baloney! He is doing it strictly because it will be election year next & he had to give his supporters at least one of the many things he promised to keep their votes.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:44 AM

63,201 posts, read 29,336,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Whatever happened to those raids ---to deport 10 million people illegally here -- promised. Nothing done. I think I heard a single raid of a farm somewhere and all of those illegally here were released ---here's a thought....enforce the rules against hiring them to remove the incentive of coming here? Of course, Trump's resorts broke this rule, didn't they? He'd be a hypocrite to ask his DOJ to enforce the hiring and put CEOs/small company owners in jail or fining them bigly amounts of money.
Just more of your lies as usual. I don't recall Trump ever saying that he was going to round up and deport 10 million illegals here all at once. That would be an impossible task and the furor on the part of the lefty liberals and ethnocentrics would be mind blowing. You don't want them deported anyway so why do you keep crying about it? You should be happy instead of b*tching all the time.

Not all illegals are here to work and Trump is an advocate of e-verify. He uses them on all of his properties since some illegals got caught using fake for stolen documents to work. It's never been proven that Trump "knowingly" had illegal aliens working for him either. You just keep repeating the same old lies over and over in here. It's been the Democrats that have been bucking e-verify (need a link)?

Old 09-04-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
If some is good, more is always better. Is that it? Pretty easily disproven.

Further, I didn't say more fencing/wall was bad. I said the barriers from the last piece legislation were complete, so it was irrelevant to talk about further.

There. Let's see the data that shows the DHS report was a lie, now. Thanks.
Which DHS report? This one?

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work

Old 09-04-2019, 09:45 AM

63,201 posts, read 29,336,217 times
Quote:
Because what was built was not according to specs, that's why. Didn't you read the link I provided under this topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies