Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 02:36 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,438,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
had the races been reversed here, the cellphone theft would merely be additional evidence of a ‘hate crime.’
Indeed it would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 12:29 PM

40,956 posts, read 49,260,682 times
Default Mob Violence in Minneapolis

Is this the Racism the Democrats speak of ?

If the demographics were inverted it would be headline news on CNN. There would be calls for Trump to make a statement, and denouncements against him if he didn't do it quickly enough. I love how the news reports on the brutality spree call it "finessing," claiming that the victims were targeted for being drunk. Not, because, you know, for other reasons. The police try to allude to it, but the news won't go there.

https://amp.kstp.com/articles/robber...mpression=true

Quote:
One of the incidents happened on Aug. 3 near Target Field. According to the criminal complaint, the footage shows approximately 12 males attempting to take a cellphone from a male victim, viciously beating him. The suspects are seen ripping the vicitim's shoes and pants off and then going through his pockets. The victim is noted to be punched and kicked in the head several times throughout the altercation. At one point, the complaint states the victim is thrown to the ground -- left motionless -- then repeatedly jumped on, hit with planting pots and ridden over with a bicycle. Once police arrive, the victim and all suspects involved are gone.

According to Elder, robbery is up 46% in downtown Minneapolis from last year. In a three-week period in August, there were 47 robberies, and the prize each time was a smartphone.
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...77318415454208

So, what did these guys do?

- Robbed him of his phone
- Stripped him naked
- Punched, kicked him
- Spat on him
- Bodyslammed him
- Jumped on his chest
- Whipped him with a belt
- Rode over him with a bicycle
- Threw garbage at him

Sounds like just another day in Minnesota.

Old 09-15-2019, 12:34 PM

30,087 posts, read 18,704,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Is this the Racism the Democrats speak of ?

If the demographics were inverted it would be headline news on CNN. There would be calls for Trump to make a statement, and denouncements against him if he didn't do it quickly enough. I love how the news reports on the brutality spree call it "finessing," claiming that the victims were targeted for being drunk. Not, because, you know, for other reasons. The police try to allude to it, but the news won't go there.

https://amp.kstp.com/articles/robber...mpression=true

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...77318415454208

So, what did these guys do?

- Robbed him of his phone
- Stripped him naked
- Punched, kicked him
- Spat on him
- Bodyslammed him
- Jumped on his chest
- Whipped him with a belt
- Rode over him with a bicycle
- Threw garbage at him

Sounds like just another day in Minnesota.

Another former liberal.

Just another reason for concealed carry. All we would have had to do is wound one of them and the rest would have scattered.

Minneapolis has become a crappy town, due to "diversity". I guess the liberal Minneapolis/St.Paul city government has it coming- they created it.

Old 09-15-2019, 12:39 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,264,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Another former liberal.

Just another reason for concealed carry. All we would have had to do is wound one of them and the rest would have scattered.

Minneapolis has become a crappy town, due to "diversity". I guess the liberal Minneapolis/St.Paul city government has it coming- they created it.
I understand Minneapolis started to go downhill when they agreed to accept some former residents of Chicago housing projects into their public housing. Similar things happened to other small Midwestern cities.

At the same time a number of missionary organizations began resettling Somalian refugees in Minneapolis. In retrospect it was a preview of the Merkel's migration crisis.

Old 09-15-2019, 12:41 PM

15,542 posts, read 10,528,971 times
That's really bad, what a bunch of animals.

Old 09-15-2019, 12:44 PM

3,335 posts, read 1,968,653 times
Oh wait! These were just youths and teens on their way to college!
To think otherwise is systemic racism!

Right, Cory?

Old 09-15-2019, 12:45 PM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times
Just great. This had to be Black people doing this. All this aside, there is a better question ito ask: Why did said individuals do this?

Understand, I don't blame this on "diversity". I just moved to another city. It's about 30% Black and I hardly ever hear about "mob attacks" occurring where I currently live. Alot of reckless driving, alot of homelessness and junkies, but not the mob violence.

Old 09-15-2019, 12:56 PM

15,891 posts, read 6,354,476 times
I'm not going to watch it. I'm pretty sure it's the one the news played a few days ago that caused my conservative-leaning husband to fly into a rage and start screaming when I was trying to take a bath after a 12 hour day at work. I told him he was being played by the news trying to get him all wooped up against liberals. He looks like the victim so he identified with the victim. Criminals beat up innocent people every day. It's not enough to only get outraged when the victim looks like you.

Old 09-15-2019, 01:16 PM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'm not going to watch it. I'm pretty sure it's the one the news played a few days ago that caused my conservative-leaning husband to fly into a rage and start screaming when I was trying to take a bath after a 12 hour day at work. I told him he was being played by the news trying to get him all wooped up against liberals. He looks like the victim so he identified with the victim. Criminals beat up innocent people every day. It's not enough to only get outraged when the victim looks like you.
I've been one of those persons beaten up/jumped by thugs. It's happened to me at the hands of Black males AND White males. I got jumped one night and my money stolen. Thankfully, the persons involved went to jail. A few kids threw rocks at me one afternoon.

I think the outrage takes place not just when the victim looks like you. There is also outrage when the assailant DOESN'T look like you. I'm Black and I've been assaulted by people who look like me and people who didn't look like me. At the end of the day, it didn't really matter who did it, but why said persons did it, and the results.

Old 09-15-2019, 01:16 PM

8,357 posts, read 2,979,916 times
Another lesson in diversity. That hard way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies