Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2019, 10:34 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,102,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Twenty-first century Hitler Youth.
Liberals' shock troops (Antifa in training).

Old 09-20-2019, 11:01 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,127,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Twenty-first century Hitler Youth.
Because trying to protect the environment is equivalent to killing an entire race of people..

Old 09-20-2019, 11:04 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,127,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Liberals' shock troops (Antifa in training).
Antifa has no leader or intents for a nation.. nice try..

Old 09-20-2019, 11:51 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,369,796 times
Listening to some of the kids talk today, it’s obvious, they’re just kids that know nothing about reality, and being used by the left. One kid said (I’m paraphrasing) “Climate change is affecting everyone personally (oh really?) and we need to elect officials that’s going to take action (she means Democrats) or else my generation isn’t going to survive” (who told her that?).

It’s so sad hearing these kids being used. But oh well, it’s not the first or last time.

Old 09-21-2019, 01:00 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,407,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Listening to some of the kids talk today, it’s obvious, they’re just kids that know nothing about reality, and being used by the left. One kid said (I’m paraphrasing) “Climate change is affecting everyone personally (oh really?) and we need to elect officials that’s going to take action (she means Democrats) or else my generation isn’t going to survive” (who told her that?).

It’s so sad hearing these kids being used. But oh well, it’s not the first or last time.
To that kid: if it affects everyone personally, then what is the most practical way to address it?

Old 09-21-2019, 10:19 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,779,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
I agree with your entire post, and I'm like you - I actually care about my environment. Green tech is NOT environmentally friendly - especially when it comes to making batteries for electric cars.

Besides, if the Earth really does get too hot for comfort, we could put up solar shades in space for a tiny fraction of the cost of going off Co2. AND - we'd be able to continue as we are now, with our AC, long-range ICE cars and eating meat. I'll never give up my meat, that's for sure!
I am an AGW believer but I am not anti-meat. Here is why:

The argument against cattle is two-fold: (1) they emit a lot of methane, and (2) cattle is a very inefficient way to feed people because it uses lots of land for grazing.

But what (2) is really saying is that in order to grow the population we need to be more efficient with our use of land. And if the population is growing, by (1) we are emitting more methane, a greenhouse gas.

I see the fundamental problem of AGW (and a lot of other problems on earth) as a human population that has exceeded sustainability. We didn't have this mess when we were at 2 billion people (we're at 8 now), so to come up with strategies and policies that enable even more people is nuts, in my thinking, and that is exactly what the anti-cattle policy is all about.

So while I believe in AGW and I advocate for solving it, in my heart I know it isn't going to happen and the reason is because we are unwilling to make hard choices like stop having so many babies. Basically we are forcing ourselves to find out exactly how bad AGW is going to be.

Old 09-21-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
we are unwilling to make hard choices like stop having so many babies. .
In what world? The West has already stopped making/having babies (at least the intelligent, unfortunate tax-payer who has to work for a living, not the welfare layabouts).

It's liberals who say we need to have open borders for entire world to come in, precisely because we aren't having enough babies.

Old 09-21-2019, 10:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,569,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Because trying to protect the environment is equivalent to killing an entire race of people..
Some of these posters are downright sick.

Old 09-21-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Some of these posters are downright sick.
The Left are the sick ones.

You realize that every person we add to America from Third World, they are going to do ten times more damage to the environment that they would if they were left in their third worlds?

Yet you guys push it every single day. because you guys don't care a wit about the environment.

So...yeah.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:09 AM

4,908 posts, read 3,369,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I see the fundamental problem of AGW (and a lot of other problems on earth) as a human population that has exceeded sustainability. We didn't have this mess when we were at 2 billion people (we're at 8 now), so to come up with strategies and policies that enable even more people is nuts, in my thinking, and that is exactly what the anti-cattle policy is all about.
That is ultimately the REAL elephant in the room, so to speak...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies