Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 07:43 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,441,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As the marble-mouthed cretins blamed the “epidemic” of mass shootings on evil right-wing white guys, I thought of Antwann Brown. Because check out this stat: Five of the six workplace mass killings in the U.S. since 2010 have been carried out by black dudes. That’s 83 percent. Talk about overrepresentation. Add Antwann Brown to the mix (granted, no one was killed, but not for lack of trying), and it rises to 85.7 percent.
https://www.takimag.com/article/pink-slip-black-rage/

Very interesting article. The media puts its focus on mass shootings committed by whites, and the proceeds to give their sociological assessments. But that's strangely absent with workplace violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 07:52 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,248,268 times
If it doesn't fit their Leftist narrative, then the Leftist media downplays it or trivializes it. If it fits their narrative, then they hype it up. They manipulate what the public sees and reads.

Sadly, most of the public falls for it and that's how liberalism spreads so easily throughout the Western countries.

This is why Trump says the media has become the enemy of the people and he is right.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:02 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,727,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post

Very interesting article. The media puts its focus on mass shootings committed by whites, and the proceeds to give their sociological assessments. But that's strangely absent with workplace violence.

Here is the thing. Racist people need to always narrate things in such a way that their race is NEVER seen as inferior in anyway. They must always narrate things so that other races as seen as inferior. When whites are guilty of something.....they are hell bent on trying to NORMALIZE IT. They can't handle being seen as racist....more so than others....so they make is seem like EVERYONE is racist. Talk about slavery in the US....they will tell you of how blacks enslaved blacks. They will tell you that at one point or another, every race was enslaved. Point out the mass shooters and killings that were national news, most of the perpetrators being whites.....they go try to dig up ever case where more than two people were shot so that they can clear the reputation of white people by showing that blacks are the group doing most of the "mass shootings".

You go out your way to try to normalize or hide wrongs that whites do.....while on the other hand going out your way to de-normalize and high lite the wrong behavior of blacks.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:10 AM

73,120 posts, read 62,771,018 times
Based on personal experience, the media is no friend. At the same time, as a Black man, it hasn't just been the media. I worry more about the person who voted for policies that would disproportionately hurt me as a Black man. I worry more about someone calling the cops of me for stuff that isn't even a crime. It's I don't worry much more about the media than I do about someone who would take their anger at Blacks put on me. I worry about what could actually happen to me in everyday life.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:11 AM

19,860 posts, read 12,149,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post

They left off Snochia Moseley.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/offic...oting/23330608

Old 09-20-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Here is the thing. Racist people need to always narrate things in such a way that their race is NEVER seen as inferior in anyway. They must always narrate things so that other races as seen as inferior. When whites are guilty of something.....they are hell bent on trying to NORMALIZE IT. They can't handle being seen as racist....more so than others....so they make is seem like EVERYONE is racist. Talk about slavery in the US....they will tell you of how blacks enslaved blacks. They will tell you that at one point or another, every race was enslaved. Point out the mass shooters and killings that were national news, most of the perpetrators being whites.....they go try to dig up ever case where more than two people were shot so that they can clear the reputation of white people by showing that blacks are the group doing most of the "mass shootings".

You go out your way to try to normalize or hide wrongs that whites do.....while on the other hand going out your way to de-normalize and high lite the wrong behavior of blacks.
Are you kidding?? The mainstream media has pulled out all stops to make shootings a "white problem." In 2017 there were three instances of killings of whites by black nationalists. I bet you don't know their names.

When Omar Thornton killed eight coworkers, the media was more concerned that he might have been a victim of "racism" than that he was a mass-murderer.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:14 AM

73,120 posts, read 62,771,018 times
TakiMag. Typical alt-right crap. I've read that online magazine. Alot of people who hate Blacks flock there. Alot of people who have disdain or resentment towards Blacks find a place there where they can write articles to express it. I should not criticize the source, but this is how I see it. Why should I listen to someone who already has a resentment towards Blacks? What is my stake in it?

Old 09-20-2019, 08:16 AM

37,971 posts, read 17,916,476 times
Quote:
Here is the thing. Racist people need to always narrate things in such a way that their race is NEVER seen as inferior in anyway. They must always narrate things so that other races as seen as inferior. When whites are guilty of something.....they are hell bent on trying to NORMALIZE IT. They can't handle being seen as racist....more so than others....so they make is seem like EVERYONE is racist.
In a statement about racism you display overt racism. Not surprising coming from you.

Quote:
Talk about slavery in the US....they will tell you of how blacks enslaved blacks. They will tell you that at one point or another, every race was enslaved. Point out the mass shooters and killings that were national news, most of the perpetrators being whites....
You made this up. The fact remains, neither blacks or whites, percentage wise, are at a much higher rate when it comes to mass shootings.

Quote:
they go try to dig up ever case where more than two people were shot so that they can clear the reputation of white people by showing that blacks are the group doing most of the "mass shootings".
Mass shootings are not defined as 2 or more. That's something else you made up.

Quote:
That's something else you made up and have no proof. When one isn't raised well enough, they commit crimes. Most of the shootings are caused by people who aren't raised properly or have mental illness. All one needs to do is look for the truth to fully understand that people who come from single parent families have a much, much higher rate of crime. But instead of caring about the truth, you make bigoted statements.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:18 AM

52,790 posts, read 34,663,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
good call. you're correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
TakiMag. Typical alt-right crap. I've read that online magazine. Alot of people who hate Blacks flock there. Alot of people who have disdain or resentment towards Blacks find a place there where they can write articles to express it. I should not criticize the source, but this is how I see it. Why should I listen to someone who already has a resentment towards Blacks? What is my stake in it?
no one cares if you read it or not, so asking anyone to justify why you should is just silly.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The author of said article in a previous article cautioned against creating narratives out of these stories. He's simply here pointing out the one-sidedness of the reporting and narrative creation. This isn't about pointing at a particular race, but a valid criticism of how the media and their political masters frame the stories for political gain.

This is about the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies