Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 07:58 AM

57,310 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I can make it even more succinct than that.

Beginning in 2012, AntAC received 59% of its budget from the Obama state department (yep, Hillary) and another significant lump of cash from..................(wait for it, wait for it)..............................George Soros!

https://antac.org.ua/en/pro-nas/

The prosecutor Biden wanted fired was the Prosecutor General, i.e., the head honcho.

They were also given a do not investigate list by the Obama state department.

I don't see the reference in your link to the state department or anything else.

There was an international team that wanted the Prosecutor General Shokin fired, it wasn't just Biden. He was doing virtually nothing to address corruption by Yanukovych. They wanted the Prosecutor to take action against the gas company Burisma where Hunter Biden was on the board, Joe Biden asking for an investigation of his sons company, makes no sense.

One thing that came out of all the Mueller investigation is that so many connected people from both parties using Ukraine as a cash cow, that is a problem and we are better for having it exposed. They obviously wanted Hunter Biden because of his high family profile but he did not do anything illegal but I don't like it anymore than if it was one of Trumps sons.

Quote:
For instance, in early 2016, International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde said that "it’s hard to see how the I.M.F.-supported program can continue" unless corruption prosecutions accelerate

Steven Pifer is a career foreign service officer who was ambassador to Ukraine under President Bill Clinton and deputy assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian Affairs under President George W. Bush. Pifer told PolitiFact that "virtually everyone" he knew in the U.S. government and virtually all non-governmental experts on Ukraine "felt that Shokin was not doing his job and should be fired. As far as I can recall, they all concurred with the vice president telling Poroshenko that the U.S. government would not extend the $1 billion loan guarantee to Ukraine until Shokin was removed from office."
Anders Åslund, a resident senior fellow at Atlantic Council, a think tank in Washington, agreed that criticism of Shokin was widespread
Shokin "failed to prosecute anybody of significance, protecting both the Yanukovych circle and the Poroshenko group," Åslund said.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...n-and-ukraine/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 08:06 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
What are the chances that with all the investigations of Obama and his administration during eight years in office , that this is the one scandal that was over looked.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:13 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
do you guys agree with Biden when he says poor kids are just as bright as white kids?

How about if Trump said that?

Would that be racist?

Old 09-22-2019, 09:17 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
https://www.politico.com/states/cali...elease-9393766

...However, Biden was six hours from leaving Kiev and nothing had been done about Shokin. The vice president told them right before the press conference that he wouldn’t give them the $1 billion loan guarantee.

“I looked at them and said, ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,'” Biden told the audience....

What this story leaves out is that this prosecutor was investigating Biden's son.

Here he is on tape admitting it.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/201...w-medias-face/

WAKE up, Democrats. You are being played.
They know that, it's that they don't care. If they cared, they be against a big Federal government since it always fails.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:18 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
do you guys agree with Biden when he says poor kids are just as bright as white kids?

How about if Trump said that?

Would that be racist?
What does that have to do with anything being discussed in this thread?

Old 09-22-2019, 09:22 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nope that's not what Trump is being accused of. Trump is being accused of ASKING a foreign govt. to interfere in the election ......not the same thing
I keep trying to Figure out how all these Pundits and Media claim they KNOW exactly what President Trump said on a phone call when there is NO public transcription of that call. CNN reported that the Whistleblower didn’t even hear it first hand. “ Somebody” told her/him about it.

I do feel confident that we will find out who said what .... and when.
Until then, it’s all speculation. The one thing the Government does is generate a LOT of paperwork on pretty much everything.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:24 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Seeing the Trump folks criticize Biden for his behavior is so rich.

Seeing the anti-trumpers not criticize biden for his behavior, while criticizing trump for his behavior, is not really that shocking....it's the way the dems/lefties operate....

Old 09-22-2019, 09:25 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I keep trying to Figure out how all these Pundits and Media claim they KNOW exactly what President Trump said on a phone call when there is NO public transcription of that call. CNN reported that the Whistleblower didn’t even hear it first hand. “ Somebody” told her/him about it.

I do feel confident that we will find out who said what .... and when.
Until then, it’s all speculation. The one thing the Government does is generate a LOT of paperwork on pretty much everything.
That's the real problem of these claims of wrongdoing by Trump, the public has no idea what was said during the phone call.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:27 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
And all this -- but look at Joe stuff -- just makes it seem that Trump is REALLY guilty of something.

You know when you catch a kid doing something wrong and they start pointing fingers at others...you know that kid is guilty.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:27 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
What does that have to do with anything being discussed in this thread?

Showing anti-trumpers hypocrisy?

Don't like your own medicine, we can all see....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies