Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 08:56 AM

33,589 posts, read 18,205,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Biden and his son should be investigated over this, and so should Obama when on open mic he got caught saying he can do more after the elections which made it sound very dubious.
Obama was using his own election , if he is elected (wink wink) I can be more flexible to Putin.. so get me elected Ok Putin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,601 posts, read 7,243,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Looks like even CNN recognizes Millions of former Democrats are now becoming Trump supporters.

The Party has left Middle America.

CNN's Martin Savidge speaks with voters in a Democratic stronghold in Minnesota as local attitudes about politics begin to shift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njsQ...ature=youtu.be
LOL, Yeah, I've seen your thread on that, it was going well, wasn't it? Lol.

40,956 posts, read 49,266,920 times
10 words that will end Joe Bidens Campaign

https://twitter.com/MSH3RIDAN/status...60995167318016

Old 09-21-2019, 09:00 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,112,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Here's video of Biden bragging about threatening to withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees if the Ukrainian government didn't fire a state prosecutor that happened to be investigating Joe Biden's son's (Hunter) business. For reference, Hunter is the Biden son who was dishonorably discharged from the Navy after testing positive for cocaine use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXA--dj2-CY

Let's think about how remarkable this is: a sitting vice president (which he was when the event took place) is on record as extorting a foreign government in order to have said foreign government fire a prosecutor who was looking into dealings of the vice president's son's company.

As a citizen, I want Hunter Biden (and Joe) to be investigated as well, as this was some shady business.

Moving along, fundamentally my problem with the allegations against President Trump is that they do not allege law breaking. Thus, the president's otherwise privileged communications in the course of his presidential dealings don't somehow automatically become unprivileged and presentable to another branch of government simply because someone files a whistle blower complaint That was not the intent of the Whistle Blower Protection Act and would be completely unconstitutional in any case. Thus, this whistle blower complaint does seem to be partisan as President Trump claims.

Interestingly, with the left leaning WaPo's admitting yesterday that there are no allegations that President Trump threatened Ukraine with any adverse actions (unlike Joe Biden), this story becomes another one that blows up in the left's face. Note, I didn't even have a clue about Joe Biden's reprehensible behavior in strong arming Ukraine until the left started making a fuss about President Trump's call. And without President Trump's Twitter account, I still wouldn't have known about it. Keep it up, Dems. You're working overtime to ensure that President Trump wins reelection

Edit: Even anti-Trump CNN tool Phill Mudd is outraged by the US Intelligence Community's behavior here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS_ybCgkg4w

I couldn't rep you again, but great post.

The whistleblower story has pretty much completely collapsed.

Their efforts to save Joe by accusing Trump of wrongdoing has blown up in their faces, and Joe's scadal is now getting attention.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:37 AM

8,358 posts, read 2,981,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Looks like even CNN recognizes Millions of former Democrats are now becoming Trump supporters.

The Party has left Middle America.

CNN's Martin Savidge speaks with voters in a Democratic stronghold in Minnesota as local attitudes about politics begin to shift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njsQ...ature=youtu.be
See? There are intelligent democrats.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:49 AM

30,676 posts, read 18,301,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Their efforts to save Joe by accusing Trump of wrongdoing has blown up in their faces, and Joe's scadal is now getting attention.
Indeed. And you would've thought that they'd have learned their lesson after their numerous phony efforts to take down the president have failed and blown up in their faces.

But Democrats in Congress better be careful here. They go down this line and calls between Speaker Pelosi and Chuck Schumer and world leaders would be fair game if a right-leaning intelligence community member doesn't like what was said but what was said was completely legal. As juicy and delicious as that may sound to some, however, that should not, cannot, and must not become the standard when dealing with our political leadership. This "whistle blower" violated the trust placed in him/her as a part of his/her job. Its not the job of a whistle blower to make value judgments on perfectly lawful behavior of political leadership in this country.

I've also tried to rep your recent comments, btw, but have to "spread" the reputation around first

Old 09-21-2019, 09:58 AM

46,334 posts, read 27,171,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nope that's not what Trump is being accused of. Trump is being accused of ASKING a foreign govt. to interfere in the election ......not the same thing

So, quid pro quo, is only quid pro quo, if you don't like the person?

Old 09-21-2019, 10:01 AM

11,366 posts, read 16,740,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
President Warren is going to stomp trump.
Bizzaro world...LOL

Old 09-21-2019, 10:10 AM

21,977 posts, read 9,552,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Biden and his son should be investigated over this, and so should Obama when on open mic he got caught saying he can do more after the elections which made it sound very dubious.

Quote:
That's what is so pathetic about this, they are trying to cover for Joe by accusing Trump of what Biden did.

New reporting is revealing that the Ukraine government has contact the State Department with information about the democrats asking the Ukrainian government to interfere in the 2016 election. Trump's phone call was about this, and Biden's scandal.

The media is trying to create a false whistleblower scandal in an effort to prevent the truth about what the dems, and Biden did.

As usual, as the truth comes out, the fake news falls apart.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Bizzaro world...LOL
I know!

Old 09-21-2019, 10:21 AM

5,207 posts, read 4,680,621 times
Except that Biden story isn't true. But thanks for making me do my own research.

https://theintercept.com/2019/05/10/...reformer-says/

I know, it's a very long article. Let me summarize. That prosecutor Biden wanted removed wasn't investigating his son. In fact, Obama-Biden wanted him removed because he wasn't doing his job to investigate corruption in Ukraine. But go ahead Trump supporters. Spin it however you like. It's not like facts matter to you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies