Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2019, 10:53 PM

3,090 posts, read 3,273,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Let's say your promising new cashier wrongly profiles a customer dressed in a hoody and wearing sunglasses, and the guy keeps his hand in his pocket. Cashier activates the trap door and you now have a victim of false imprisonment, kidnapping and a few other violations. You and your cashier are getting sued, after you get out of jail.
Seems like an odd counter-scenario given that if that very same 'promising' cashier wrongly profiles that very same customer and unloads their XD into them, then you'd have far more problems than false imprisonment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 12:27 AM

4,933 posts, read 2,074,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
spot on. The store should have had a buzzer like jewelry stores often have. The robber had his gun out from the git-go, and the clerk could have just declined to buzz him in. No harm, no foul.

Instead, because of the availability of guns, we end up with a dead young man, who may well have been just in the process of turning his life around.
WOW.... Again, WOW, with a slice of WTF on top of it!!!!

Travis T, YOU sir, are very entertaining!! You are either a troll or some idiot with ZERO real world life experience.

With your uninformed, left-field, unicorn farts, pie in the sky, puppy love and group hugs failed logic thinking, every 7-Eleven, every bakery, every McDonalds, every WalMart and EVERY other businesses in the country should have buzzers to screen each and every customer before allowing them in....That beyond stupid and can you imagine all the law suits that would follow?

This loser was not "in the process of turning his life around." You don't commit armed robbery AND possibly murder while in the process of turning your life around.

This dead criminal died while committing a violent felony level crime AND the victim is alive today because he did what he had to do to save his own life. Travis T., please let us know what inside information you had that the store clerk's life was never in danger. Also, if this criminal's family tried to sue the store clerk for defending his life or the business owners, I would counter sue the family for breeding/raising such a loser and causing him undue emotional stress and possible PTSD.

Travis T., this one tops your earlier claims that nobody needs a firearm for self defense, but all we really need is a load whistle for the most effective form of self defense... I believe that the most effective form of legal self defense is still either a 9mm NATO or a .45 acp bullet.

...Travis, please tell us all how you're going to keep blowing on that whistle with a broken jaw or a crushed skull?

Furthermore, can you please tell us all about your advance military, law enforcement or self-defense training/experiences you have to justify some of your ideals on how to survive a deadly force encounter?

Last edited by bergun; 09-30-2019 at 12:40 AM..

Old 09-30-2019, 12:40 AM

Location: “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who
129 posts, read 67,128 times
F**K man!

Give me some kind of advanced warning for loss of life next time.

I think I need to see my psychologist after that sh#t...

Really, how can so many of you be so callous towards loss of life. The clerk will have to live with what happened forever and that s##t ain't easy to get over!

WTF?

Old 09-30-2019, 05:42 AM

18,486 posts, read 15,287,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catz&dogz View Post
F**K man!

Really, how can so many of you be so callous towards loss of life. The clerk will have to live with what happened forever and that s##t ain't easy to get over!

WTF?
The title of the thread wasn’t enough advanced warning?

I’m sure it makes it a lot easier to get over when you know that you killed in self defense.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:31 AM

2,988 posts, read 1,757,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catz&dogz View Post
F**K man!

WTF?
Meh....that clerk can live his life as a hero. He rid his community of low life criminal trash. Bravo to this hero!

Old 09-30-2019, 06:01 PM

34,096 posts, read 17,157,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Meh....that clerk can live his life as a hero. He rid his community of low life criminal trash. Bravo to this hero!
Many victims of this thug were saved by this hero.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:06 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,262,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Many victims of this thug were saved by this hero.
These.

Amen.

Buh bye.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:16 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,896,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Seems like an odd counter-scenario given that if that very same 'promising' cashier wrongly profiles that very same customer and unloads their XD into them, then you'd have far more problems than false imprisonment.
Not really. Many if not most states have made it illegal to have booby traps in anticipation of criminal activity. Example placing a board with nails in it under the window in front of a fire escape.

In this case Travis is saying that if you suspect someone might be there to rob you simply drop them in a hole filled with packing peanuts.

In t eh scenario this thread is about and that Travis is concerned with, the criminal made his intentions known and obvious. The Cashier didn't profile, he responded to a robbery in progress.

In any case the criminal being shot to death was a win for society.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:27 PM

18,486 posts, read 15,287,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Not really. Many if not most states have made it illegal to have booby traps in anticipation of criminal activity. Example placing a board with nails in it under the window in front of a fire escape.

In this case Travis is saying that if you suspect someone might be there to rob you simply drop them in a hole filled with packing peanuts.

In t eh scenario this thread is about and that Travis is concerned with, the criminal made his intentions known and obvious. The Cashier didn't profile, he responded to a robbery in progress.

In any case the criminal being shot to death was a win for society.
Just so you know, you are ruining all the Home Alone movies for me.

Old 10-01-2019, 05:46 AM

1,485 posts, read 956,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm not a gun owner but if I had to walk past someone in a very small space, who was still armed, I'm not sure I would just assume he's going to remain lying still. I think I'd empty it, too.
Walk up to him and put the last one in his head. Make sure he's completely neutralized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies