Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 10:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Ya, a bunch of talk... Billions spent(to line the politicians pockets) and nothing is ever done - Democrat.

Where are the Democrats using all that anger to make a difference.
"It is not what your country can do for you. Just what the hell can you do for your country?... Slacker"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHp7uzE2Kqg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 11:20 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,942,450 times
Just out of curiosity, if you have lived in "the Republic of Texas" all your life, have you noticed any difference in higher temperatures or maybe even heatwaves and drought, or else major precip events/flooding from back in the day when you were a boy? Serious question.

As to your OP, I don't watch random videos that get posted here, but even if every single Dem in the entire United States rode a bicycle to work, ate a strict vegan diet, and installed solar panels, it would be a good start. However, that good start needs to be implemented by everybody to make a real difference.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Just out of curiosity, if you have lived in "the Republic of Texas" all your life, have you noticed any difference in higher temperatures or maybe even heatwaves and drought, or else major precip events/flooding from back in the day when you were a boy? Serious question.

As to your OP, I don't watch random videos that get posted here, but even if every single Dem in the entire United States rode a bicycle to work, ate a strict vegan diet, and installed solar panels, it would be a good start. However, that good start needs to be implemented by everybody to make a real difference.

Nope. They come and go in cycles. The 1930's and 1950's were more extreme than 2011, our most recent drought heatwave. This is normal Texas. I was able to get crops planted earlier this year, which led to more yield with excellent spring rains.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Actually many "liberals" HAVE put up. Perhaps you need some basic facts.......

1. People who live in more urban areas use less energy per capita
2. Liberals tended to always buy the more efficient cars first (Prius, etc.)
3. Liberals are into the local organic food movement
4. Liberals have pushed ahead Solar and Wind.....
5. A resident of MA. or RI. uses 30-40% of the energy per capita as that of many "conservative" states.
6. Liberal states have policies for pollution and energy reduction.
7. Liberals aren't rolling back MPG, pollution standards and craving 100W light bulbs (conservatives are).
and so on and so on and so on.

We have put up. You should learn.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:12 PM

17,009 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Actually many "liberals" HAVE put up. Perhaps you need some basic facts.......

1. People who live in more urban areas use less energy per capita
2. Liberals tended to always buy the more efficient cars first (Prius, etc.)
3. Liberals are into the local organic food movement
4. Liberals have pushed ahead Solar and Wind.....
5. A resident of MA. or RI. uses 30-40% of the energy per capita as that of many "conservative" states.
6. Liberal states have policies for pollution and energy reduction.
7. Liberals aren't rolling back MPG, pollution standards and craving 100W light bulbs (conservatives are).
and so on and so on and so on.

We have put up. You should learn.
People tend to conflate loud spokesliberals like Leonardo DiCrappio and everyday people, some of whom actually practice what they preach. You really do not hear much about the latter.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:14 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,124,578 times
Dems don't care about anything, It is all a scam. If they get you obsessed with this largely imaginary problem, then they can wreck the economy...which benefits them since they are all rich in the first place. If the up-and-comers are all paying 70% in taxes, paying $20 minimum wage to employees, and dealing in cap and trade, then they effectively have no competition. It is like any leftist regime--it exists to perpetuate the elites.

There is is. go forth and be wise. ONLY capitalism gives you a change through low costs, via the mechanism of competition.

"Racism" and all the other social justice issues work similarly. If blacks think that the problem is imaginary racism and not their own poor performance in school, gang violence, teen pregnancy, substance abuse, etc. then they stay poor by not solving their problems and vote democrat every time.

Wale up lefties. You are being duped.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:24 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:

Obviously we have had a couple of heavy rain events in the last couple of years.

1- They do tend to come in spurts - as the prior two heaviest rain days were in 1978 and 1979 (per the local news).

2- Please provide a link between heavy rain events and excess atmospheric carbon.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:45 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,942,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Nope. They come and go in cycles. The 1930's and 1950's were more extreme than 2011, our most recent drought heatwave. This is normal Texas. I was able to get crops planted earlier this year, which led to more yield with excellent spring rains.
When it comes to the 1930's, I'm thinking of the time period when you were alive. You'd be what? 89 if you were born in 1930. Pretty sharp posts for such an old man!

I've lived in Colorado since 1955. When I go up into the mountains, I see major differences - the most obvious (and sad) are all the stands of dead trees in the San Juan Mountains. You can climb to the summit of a ridgetop and be treated to a vista of mountain after mountain of dead or dying forest. The farm where I live now averages only two cuttings of hay instead of the usual three thanks to 19 years or so of ongoing drought and higher temperatures. In August our temps were running 7 - 10 degrees F above normal; a day where the average temp was once 85 now becomes a day where the temp is 90 - 95.

Texas is a vast state and the impact of climate change can vary based on a number of circumstances. Still, it's surprising that you have noticed no change at all. The farmers here in SW Colorado talk about the ongoing drought often - even though they don't believe in climate change.

Thanks for your reply.

~ We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread ~

Old 09-24-2019, 12:51 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:

And by everybody you damn sure better include India and China.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:00 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,949,135 times
Quote:
When it comes to the 1930's, I'm thinking of the time period when you were alive. You'd be what? 89 if you were born in 1930. Pretty sharp posts for such an old man!

I've lived in Colorado since 1955. When I go up into the mountains, I see major differences - the most obvious (and sad) are all the stands of dead trees in the San Juan Mountains. You can climb to the summit of a ridgetop and be treated to a vista of mountain after mountain of dead or dying forest. The farm where I live now averages only two cuttings of hay instead of the usual three thanks to 19 years or so of ongoing drought and higher temperatures. In August our temps were running 7 - 10 degrees F above normal; a day where the average temp was once 85 now becomes a day where the temp is 90 - 95.

Texas is a vast state and the impact of climate change can vary based on a number of circumstances. Still, it's surprising that you have noticed no change at all. The farmers here in SW Colorado talk about the ongoing drought often - even though they don't believe in climate change.

Thanks for your reply.

~ We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread ~

If you can't get three cuttings in this year...

Bountiful hay harvest begins in Southwest Colorado

...maybe you should switch to cherry-picking.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies