Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 06:23 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Impeachment over an innocuous phone call will be dead before it really even begins. Trump is not going anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I started a similar thread in which I took a poll and asked how many had learned their lesson from Russia. Only about 3-5 had the intellectual courage to answer at all and none had learned a thing.
It doesn't take any courage to answer under a pseudonym. Many in here want to be as outlandish as possible because they get off on the response. We have a ton of children in here as well.

The fact is 62% of this country are against impeachment which makes it a bipartisan gig. The only side which has completely ignored the will of the people are the ones who keep on keepin' on. It's like the Dems want to lose 2020 for some damn reason. I think they expect a total collapse of the system and don't want to be blamed for it. It's the only logical explanation for their actions.

Ask yourself this: If I REALLY wanted to lose an election without acting like it, what would I do?

I'd do exactly what the Dems have been doing for the last year. It's very hard to elect a party loaded with absurd lunatics.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:23 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
Who cares what some poll says? Name one single actual tangible crime Trump has been charged with, that there is actual evidence of or that he has admitted to. You can't because there isn't one. All you have is supposed hateful remarks or his attitude. The man hasn't done one illegal thing that can be verified. You know how I know? Because he is still right there in office.

lol, that's quite the low bar on your meter of justice.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
If Liz wins, you better hope your retirement money isn't secured by the wall street market. It will drop like a rock. Liz might actually be worse than Biden. At least he is greedy and dishonest enough to be motivated to keep the economy going for personal gain. Liz is just an idiot.
Even if that were true and not just unfounded fear-mongering, the stock market is not the economy. Most people don't actually benefit from it.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
It doesn't take any courage to answer under a pseudonym. Many in here want to be as outlandish as possible because they get off on the response. We have a ton of children in here as well.

The fact is 62% of this country are against impeachment which makes it a bipartisan gig. The only side which has completely ignored the will of the people are the ones who keep on keepin' on. It's like the Dems want to lose 2020 for some damn reason. I think they expect a total collapse of the system and don't want to be blamed for it. It's the only logical explanation for their actions.

Ask yourself this: If I REALLY wanted to lose an election without acting like it, what would I do?

I'd do exactly what the Dems have been doing for the last year. It's very hard to elect a party loaded with absurd lunatics.
Recent polling has come out at 49%-46% FOR impeachment. I know that will just be called fake news because that's all you guys have, but it's not looking as rosy as many as you desperately need it to be.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:34 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Even if that were true and not just unfounded fear-mongering, the stock market is not the economy. Most people don't actually benefit from it.
Who told you that?

Anyone with a 401k, a retirement fund, a union IRA, most certainly benefit from a strong market. Retirement funds make up the lion's share of market value, so who do you think benefits from those going down?

The top 1% own 38% of equities. The rest of us own 62%.

In fact, the largest chunk is doing one thing: helping people retire.
In a white paper, Steven Rosenthal and Lydia Austin of the Tax Policy Center have broken out exactly which kind of investors own the stock market. They found that a majority of corporate stock is owned by different types of retirement plans, the largest being IRAs and defined-benefit plans.
https://www.businessinsider.com/who-...-market-2016-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Recent polling has come out at 49%-46% FOR impeachment. I know that will just be called fake news because that's all you guys have, but it's not looking as rosy as many as you desperately need it to be.
Sorry, can't take anything you type seriously.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:34 PM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Liberals have been writing out their fantasies since November 8, 2016.

This time is no different.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Who told you that?

Anyone with a 401k, a retirement fund, a union IRA, most certainly benefit from a strong market. Retirement funds make up the lion's share of market value, so who do you think benefits from those going down?

The top 1% own 38% of equities. The rest of us own 62%.

In fact, the largest chunk is doing one thing: helping people retire.
In a white paper, Steven Rosenthal and Lydia Austin of the Tax Policy Center have broken out exactly which kind of investors own the stock market. They found that a majority of corporate stock is owned by different types of retirement plans, the largest being IRAs and defined-benefit plans.
https://www.businessinsider.com/who-...-market-2016-5
You really think most people have those things? Why did you only use the top 1%? How much does the top 5% own? Top 10%? I'll even give you the top 25%. The bottom half of the country lives paycheck to paycheck. They're not traders and many are in debt, let alone have cushy retirement savings.

And the stock market is still not the economy.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:37 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I started a similar thread in which I took a poll and asked how many had learned their lesson from Russia. Only about 3-5 had the intellectual courage to answer at all and none had learned a thing.
Most everyone on the Politics Forum has not read the Mueller Report.

Without reading it, posters cannot give a valid opinion.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:40 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Liberals have been writing out their fantasies since November 8, 2016.

This time is no different.
This time is very different. Trump has been caught red handed. COLLUSION...

Old 09-26-2019, 06:42 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
No, I don't think any of us are under any illusion that he will be removed from office. But hearing about the phone call the other day was sickening. It's like--he's working on our time to advance his own personal business. Not only that, but using that time to ask a foreign country to dig up dirt on OUR elections? These are supposed to be our own democratic elections, elections by and for AMERICANS. AMERICA. Remember that place?

So the thought of going global (and I thought the Repubs didn't like globabism) to investigate his opponent was too much. It it takes Biden out, so be it. It's this continuous treachery and what feels like treason that was the last straw.
Digging up on elections? It was digging up on Biden’s corruption in that country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies