Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 11:55 AM

5,176 posts, read 4,951,032 times

Advertisements

Interesting article on the taxpaying burden of Americans. When will the madness end? My guess is "Never".

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/t...-care-combined
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2019, 12:00 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
CNS News(OP's link) is Extreme Right Wing Propaganda. Fake News.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cns-news/

Old 10-02-2019, 12:00 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
It's said that if we had to write one big check for all the taxes we pay(and that our employers pay in order to employ us that we never even see) there would be a revolt.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:10 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Federal Income Tax
State Income Tax
Local (County) Income Tax
Property and Real Estate Taxes
Personal Property Tax
Sales Tax
Gasoline Tax
Other energy Taxes
Utility Taxes
Tolls and Fees
Social Security
Medicare

If many add all these up they are paying 50% or more of their income in TAXES. That's indentured servitude.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:29 PM

1,675 posts, read 577,639 times
- Food prices are low because billions of dollars in subsidies by the government.

-Clothes is cheap because of political and financial pressures to pay dirt to millions of workers in sweatshops around the world..

- The corrupt healthcare system is heavily subsidied by the government.

The reality is that when people pay taxes they are also paying for food, clothes, medicine, etc. This round about way allows for more stable markets at higher price. The so called 'capitalist' and 'free' market system people advocate is a lie: the American version.

Last edited by thelogo; 10-02-2019 at 01:04 PM..

Old 10-02-2019, 12:40 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
CNS News(OP's link) is Extreme Right Wing Propaganda. Fake News.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cns-news/
Your posted link is far left wing propaganda. Fake news

Old 10-02-2019, 12:52 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
What I pay + my employer pays for health insurance alone is more than all taxes, EASILY.

I dont buy it.

Old 10-02-2019, 01:05 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
What I pay + my employer pays for health insurance alone is more than all taxes, EASILY.

I dont buy it.
I agree with this.

Most of you don't have any idea about how much your employer pays for your healthcare - hint it is usually double to quadruple what you pay on a monthly basis. ETA: I checked my 2018 healthcare payments from December 2018 and saw that my employer paid nearly $13,000 for my health benefits for me versus my $4000.

I pay about $5000 a year for healthcare, which is about the same amount I pay in federal (including Medicare - I don't pay into SS anymore - I have a pension and I pay a larger amount into it, which I self direct, than I do total for all taxes combined on an annual basis), state, city, and property taxes in a given year. In Ohio we are not taxed on food. Not sure how much I pay in gas taxes but I moved back to my hometown primarily because of short commute times. I also work from home a couple times a week and only fill up my gas tank about once a month now.

We do pay about $800 a year for the property taxes for the house we live in. Our rental properties, we get a credit back for those property taxes so I don't really count them since we now get a pretty large "tax refund" based on our property tax payments on rental properties.

Old 10-02-2019, 01:34 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this.

Most of you don't have any idea about how much your employer pays for your healthcare - hint it is usually double to quadruple what you pay on a monthly basis. ETA: I checked my 2018 healthcare payments from December 2018 and saw that my employer paid nearly $13,000 for my health benefits for me versus my $4000.

I pay about $5000 a year for healthcare, which is about the same amount I pay in federal (including Medicare - I don't pay into SS anymore - I have a pension and I pay a larger amount into it, which I self direct, than I do total for all taxes combined on an annual basis), state, city, and property taxes in a given year. In Ohio we are not taxed on food. Not sure how much I pay in gas taxes but I moved back to my hometown primarily because of short commute times. I also work from home a couple times a week and only fill up my gas tank about once a month now.

We do pay about $800 a year for the property taxes for the house we live in. Our rental properties, we get a credit back for those property taxes so I don't really count them since we now get a pretty large "tax refund" based on our property tax payments on rental properties.
I don't have an employer. I pay for my own health care. And it's high because of those employers agreeing to be middlemen (in a long line of middlemen) for the State-corporation health care conglomerate.

Old 10-02-2019, 01:35 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

I dont buy it.
Your health care is a tax.

That's what you folks don't understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies