Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2020, 05:52 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,458,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I find this hilarious, these cops are not going to enforce laws they consider to be 'gestapo-like' (in their opinion)...but Im sure they have no qualms on enforcing drug laws, (even though technically, they are unconstitutional)!!

They dont realize it, but they are just as bad as the criminals! they are inserting their own personal beliefs into how they enforce the law.
Sheriff's are elected - it's just politicians playing to their base. Nothing more and certainly nothing new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2020, 05:57 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,953,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
So then, do you live in Austin Michigan?

How is it you know so much about what the governor of Michigan is doing? What do you think of the Governor of New Jersey? ... or the governor of Illinois? Are you that well informed about what all the governors are doing, or are you making Michigan your personal specialty?
It's about the topic and not some garbage you made up about the poster in order to deflect.

Old 04-25-2020, 06:28 AM

29,795 posts, read 14,858,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So you think it is a wise move to outlaw the sale of tomato seeds?

Do you really need Big Government to tell you exactly how to live your life?
Except she didn't. One just had to order them online , have them shipped or do curbside. My wife was able to get everything she needed for the yard. The only thing we couldn't get done was have a landscaping crew out. That is going to happen today though.

Old 04-25-2020, 06:29 AM

57,405 posts, read 26,407,645 times
Whitmer eased some of the restrictions but they are still out there protesting with their MAGA hats and Trump float. I don't think they even know what they want at this point, Michigan is #7 in infections, #3 in deaths and they aren't going anywhere fast.

Last edited by Goodnight; 04-25-2020 at 07:01 AM..

Old 04-25-2020, 07:11 AM

29,795 posts, read 14,858,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Whitmer eased some of the restrictions but they are still out there protesting with their MAGA hats and Trump float. I don't think they even know what they want at this point, Michigan is #7 in infections, #3 in deaths and they aren't going anywhere fast.
This is one of the few times that I agree with you. If it was a line of landscaping vehicles , or people holding up signs of their small businesses that have been closed I'd more understand it.

The political turn it took just doesn't make sense.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:18 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,376,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You can buy weed, but not tomato seeds (maybe she doesn't know where food comes from).

You can buy a game, but not a government-required baby car seat.

You can buy Easter Cards, but not paint

Etc.

-------------------

Michigan Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s latest executive order deems a number of home-improvement and gardening items — including fruit and vegetable seeds — “non-essential.â€

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/11/g...g1gxBOidkXGrbA
She shut down Michigan immediately and probably saved many lives. As an obvious Trump supporter, take the Dr. Trump challenge, and see what happens when you drink Clorox. Your worried about some tomato seeds? This country is insane.

Old 04-25-2020, 08:23 AM

31,297 posts, read 20,811,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I'm a Yooper in semi-retirement in AZ.

Not an official poll...but....

All of my friends and relatives in Michigan expressed your sentiments.

Folks around the country think of Michigan as Detroit, maybe even Ann Arbor.

Regarding most of the land area in Michigan....got a much better chance of hitting a deer with your car, seeing a moose, or having your chickens chowed on by wolves than getting the dreaded COVID.

There were at least four county sheriffs in Michigan that raised their proverbial middle fingers to Guv'na Half-Wit. They were not going to enforce her gestapo tactics.
And now the legislature is taking away her power.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/michi...aign=position4

Old 04-25-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
She shut down Michigan immediately and probably saved many lives.
Actually, she didn't save any lives at all. Stopping the sale of tomato seeds doesn't save lives.

But she might have caused some deaths. Severe stay at home restrictions are causing suicides to go up and child abuse to go up.

Old 04-25-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
So then, do you live in Austin Michigan?

How is it you know so much about what the governor of Michigan is doing? What do you think of the Governor of New Jersey? ... or the governor of Illinois? Are you that well informed about what all the governors are doing, or are you making Michigan your personal specialty?
I've never even been to Austin Michigan.

But I can read about the stupidity of Whitmer. It's all over the news. You don't have to live in Michigan to hear about the stupidity of Whitmer.

I have no interest in Michigan. But I am interested in stupid politicians like Whitmer and calling them out.

Our mayor is almost as bad as Whitmer. One of the first things he did was close our city parks and golf courses. What an idiot.

Old 04-25-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I find this hilarious, these cops are not going to enforce laws they consider to be 'gestapo-like' (in their opinion)...but Im sure they have no qualms on enforcing drug laws, (even though technically, they are unconstitutional)!!

They dont realize it, but they are just as bad as the criminals! they are inserting their own personal beliefs into how they enforce the law.
Law Enforcement all over the world does exactly that every day. Every day they decide what laws to enforce and how strictly they will enforce them.

BTW, how do you know these sheriffs "have no qualms on enforcing drug laws"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies