Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 05:07 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,755,703 times

Advertisements

we need to start talking about it. day in and day out, black people aren't owning up to their own shortcomings. in"fact, they've even gone as far as to create an invisible boogieman, white privilege, to bridge the gap where they have failed. repeat, the term "white privilege" is used so black people can have an excuse, or a cop out where they have failed miserably. not making enough money? it's white privilege. credit score low? it's not your revolving debt, it's white privilege. didn't get an apartment? well, you know what that is? that's white privilege and the fact that credit scores are racist. never in my life have I seen such fragility and the inability to accept the results of their personal decisions. when are black people going to stop believing in ghosts, and step to the plate and produce? I do think that with all things, the bad ones are certainly the minority, but they are vocal. clearly the majority doesn't support the rioting in our cities, but the majority won't speak up against it for fear of being called "racist" or "unwoke". I would say that we are witnessing the most embarrassing moment in US history. at least during my lifetime. I never thought I would see a day more embarrassing than when barrack obama got elected, but here we are.

and for the record, it ain't just black people. fem privilege and fem persecution complex is getting completely out of control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 05:15 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
I’ve brought this up before, and was soundly bullied into silence by our most virulent leftists on this forum.

Specifically, I said that much, if not most, of the problem stems from the fact that 75% of black babies are born out of wedlock, and this is turn correlates with poor educational attainment, higher rates of crime, and of course poverty. If blacks dropped the rate even by half, so that the majority of babies were born to married parents, each working, they can raise their children in lower-middle class comfort at the minimum, rather than poverty, and most of the problems (not all - there would still be some racists no matter what) would disappear.

Old 06-19-2020, 05:19 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,755,703 times
I will be the first to admit that black people face a more difficult path to success than white people, but it is completely out of control. passed over for a promotion? I can see that happening, but a lot of that has to do with the good old boy network. nepotism, and things of that nature. but people use the color of their skin for everything. debt, accumulation of wealth, education, etc. I think you can blame being black on about 1% of your problems, but the other 99% is all on you. it's not the color of my skin that allows me to make sound financial choices.

Old 06-19-2020, 05:25 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I will be the first to admit that black people face a more difficult path to success than white people, but it is completely out of control. passed over for a promotion? I can see that happening, but a lot of that has to do with the good old boy network. nepotism, and things of that nature. but people use the color of their skin for everything. debt, accumulation of wealth, education, etc. I think you can blame being black on about 1% of your problems, but the other 99% is all on you. it's not the color of my skin that allows me to make sound financial choices.
Absolutely. And the bit about the old boy network and nepotism is being exaggerated, used to discredit white people who are successful. I’m Jewish, started and grew a successful business, and leftists have remarked it’s because I have “Jewish connections.” I never got a single client via any connections, other of course than referrals from satisfied clients.

It’s the reverse of refusing to blame people for their own failings in life. If you credited people for being successful due to good decisions, hard work, talent, whatever....then the converse would have to be true as well. That’s also why Obama scolded business owners.

Old 06-19-2020, 05:30 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Excerpt:black persecution complex

Response:
Coming from a huge family and now witnessing 2nd generation culture diversity
I can only say that all my non white relatives are beyond successful not because of
the small percentage of white ( so called privilege ) in their blood but by the 100% of
sweat equity invested in attaining their success.

Learn it. Live it!

Old 06-19-2020, 08:18 AM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Every other minority group in America is moving forward and doing just fine with the opportunities that exist. They work hard, make smart choices, and plan accordingly for their future.

In 100 years from now, it is very likely that blacks will still be in the same boat they are now unfortunately. Change must occur from within. It is NOT a race issue. It's a culture issue.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:24 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,598,551 times
Quote:
we need to start talking about it. day in and day out, black people aren't owning up to their own shortcomings. in"fact, they've even gone as far as to create an invisible boogieman, white privilege, to bridge the gap where they have failed. repeat, the term "white privilege" is used so black people can have an excuse, or a cop out where they have failed miserably. not making enough money? it's white privilege. credit score low? it's not your revolving debt, it's white privilege. didn't get an apartment? well, you know what that is? that's white privilege and the fact that credit scores are racist. never in my life have I seen such fragility and the inability to accept the results of their personal decisions. when are black people going to stop believing in ghosts, and step to the plate and produce? I do think that with all things, the bad ones are certainly the minority, but they are vocal. clearly the majority doesn't support the rioting in our cities, but the majority won't speak up against it for fear of being called "racist" or "unwoke". I would say that we are witnessing the most embarrassing moment in US history. at least during my lifetime. I never thought I would see a day more embarrassing than when barrack obama got elected, but here we are.

and for the record, it ain't just black people. fem privilege and fem persecution complex is getting completely out of control.
This can explain it. Why I think if one believes in "white privilege" (or anything like that) it puts the person in a victim mode. This is where one feels they are a victim so it gives that person a crippled attitude.

it also gives power to the other person because now you have awarded them some kind of privilege (funny that the other person is not aware of this award).

so even if it were true, which it is not, then what you gonna do? Are you going to sit and wallow in this belief? or are you going to be better and overcome whatever you think another person has privilege over?

Heck, for that matter, many people (I'm white) have some kind of privilege.. but I cant live my life envying them. for example, I can think of many many people who have this privilege over me - riches, fame, beauty, skinny model figure, lots of friends, big mansion, house by the lake, a boat, a big Jaguar, they have a job where they rule over 1,000,000 employees. some examples.. Hey, some of them are rich and have the privilege of a rich daddy who they inherited $3 million dollars from by doing nothing but being their son. some people live in those huge Connecticut estates and they by privilege of being born in that family, have inherited that big estate without doing a thing, but except by the privilege of being a family member.

but, I don't wish I had their life.. who knows? maybe they have distress living in that big mansion. maybe they will have a short life.. maybe they will be on opiod addiction. maybe they wont ever have a happy married life.

so remember just because someone you think has a privilege, it doesn't mean life is great.

and so you cant do anything about them inheriting that big house, but you can try to get your own big house, by saying F that to this trope of "white privilege" and go get whatever you want by some effort, hard work, etc.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:28 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
OH NO, blacks (and other minorities) were targeted SPECIFICALLY in the recent past, that cannot be denied!!

It was not that long ago, that civil rights laws were created! (think about that for a minute. LOL)

Ive brought this up before...DRUG LAWS!!! These were created SPECIFICALLY to target blacks and other minorities! (and these laws are still in place today??!) How crazy is that?

During Obamas term, some of the toughest drug laws in history were created, (opioid prescription drugs)...does anyone know why the first laws against Opium were created in the US?...It was because the govt feared Chinese immigrants taking white railroad jobs, and fear of white women being violated!!!

Very strange our govt today still thinks laws are needed to target 'Opioids'! Cmon, they admitted they lied about the dangers of drugs in the 70s...they are lying today as well.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:57 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:

I agree there needs to be honesty in discussing what both sides need.

The problem is that some people profit from the division. They benefit from creating the image that we are dangerous thugs or poor needy souls totally because of unfairness when we put ourselves behind the eight ball by our own choices.

Reasonable black folk somehow has to counter this - but it isn't easy when 90% agrees with those creating the division.

But - there is true racism that exists as well. So it's a mixture of many things.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:11 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:

What are the shortcomings of black people that were not learned or shaped in America? You will have to be able to trace the shortcoming back to Africa....in order for black people to own the responsibility for it. Otherwise the shortcoming is the product of their experiences in America.

"All peoples have shortcomings!" Of course you see it as "Blacks have shortcomings".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies