Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:01 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,589,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
CASTLE ROCK, Colo. -- A Castle Rock man says he was accused of violating postal regulations for reusing a United States Postal Service priority mail cardboard box to send something.
Bureaucracy equals stupidity and incompetence!

Reusing Cardboard Postal Boxes Illegal - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 11:30 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,207,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
That is kind of infuriating. We live in somewhat of a rural area, the emphasis being on "somewhat". We live in a "township" in Ohio vs. the incorporated city part. We have a cedar U.S. Postal approved mailbox with a flower planter nailed in half way down the post. The postman often puts small packages right on top of the planter box instead of delivering it to our house. The planter box is NOT a U.S. postal approved mailbox. I guess the rules are not for both parties.

I have one more personal instance to report. In 2000, my family and I took a trip out West; we put our mail on hold at the post office. Mind you, this is a small town. It was time to get a new credit card from the bank plus the associated password. Someone at the post office where we live took the credit card as well as the password (both documents arrived separately) while they were on hold and went shopping on the town using our card and password. When we came back, the bank account was almost $2,000 short and it was time to pay the mortgage and other bills. Fortunately, we went to the police, filed a statement, sent a letter to our bank, filed a report, filed the same with the post office. We got the money returned to our account. Nothing was ever done with the thief at the post office.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:41 AM

Default Donna7

Quote:
I have one more personal instance to report. In 2000, my family and I took a trip out West; we put our mail on hold at the post office. Mind you, this is a small town. It was time to get a new credit card from the bank plus the associated password. Someone at the post office where we live took the credit card as well as the password (both documents arrived separately) while they were on hold and went shopping on the town using our card and password. When we came back, the bank account was almost $2,000 short and it was time to pay the mortgage and other bills. Fortunately, we went to the police, filed a statement, sent a letter to our bank, filed a report, filed the same with the post office. We got the money returned to our account. Nothing was ever done with the thief at the post office.
Sorry to read of your "not that unusual" experience with the USPS. And now you are aware of another bureaucratic perk, it's almost impossible to get fired! The USPS it just like the Catholic Church, the employee that stole your credit card info would get promoted and/or reassigned!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:41 PM

523 posts, read 1,282,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Sorry to read of your "not that unusual" experience with the USPS. And now you are aware of another bureaucratic perk, it's almost impossible to get fired! The USPS it just like the Catholic Church, the employee that stole your credit card info would get promoted and/or reassigned!
Hmmm...sort of makes one wonder if they really want the Government in charge of health care.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKwame View Post
Hmmm...sort of makes one wonder if they really want the Government in charge of health care.
I believe that you posted a rhetorical statement! The Government couldn't be in charge of finding their way out of a paper bag!

Old 05-01-2008, 09:01 PM

793 posts, read 2,214,757 times
i work in the warehouse sorting packages and a few time you see people sending their packages using previous packagine. U see 2 or 3 different labels. one UPS another DHL or ATS on the same box, and we have to find out which one is the current label.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
i work in the warehouse sorting packages and a few time you see people sending their packages using previous packagine. U see 2 or 3 different labels. one UPS another DHL or ATS on the same box, and we have to find out which one is the current label.
Obviously, these people are just plain careless and/or have less than required intellectual capacity!

Old 05-01-2008, 09:11 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,777,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
No you don't. You just send it back to the sap with a sticker that says "please black out or remove all prior labels and resend".

Old 05-01-2008, 09:12 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,777,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKwame View Post
The government can do a fine job when it wants to.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:14 PM

793 posts, read 2,214,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
No you don't. You just send it back to the sap with a sticker that says "please black out or remove all prior labels and resend".
That is what we do sometime. But usually we are able to guess which one is the current one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies